“Great Beach Resort”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #31 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed in a deluxe Ocean View Balcony Suite for 2 nights, to wake up in the morning to the view of the ocean and a beach calling you to come and lay on its sun-lounger with a butler to serve you cool refreshing drinks and pamper you while your lap up the sun rays, in the evening sit on the terrace of their Manhattan Lounge and enjoy a G&T while watching the sun set.

Room Tip: ask for rooms that face the pool and beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank richard f
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Richard,

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.
Thank you for your review as you have indeed managed to capture and experience the essence of our resort’s Mediterranean ease. I’m glad that you could unwind and relax during your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I booked a room with the Ocean View for my wife's birthday occasion. We went camping the night before and wanted to do the other extreme by staying at a five star place the next night. I could have not picked a better place. We loved the service. The signature butler the hotel offers made our stay amazing from reservations at the restaurants to the surprise rose petals in the room with a chocolate cake for my wife's birthday.
We would stay here again soon. The beach outside is amazing. Its not an in-let like most of the other hotels in Abu Dhabi but its a real ocean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank workout228
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your kind review.
Indeed the St. Regis Butler Service is our signature service and a cornerstone of our service excellence and there to address every need of our guests. I’m glad that you appreciated all the small gestures that made your time with us memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to take another relaxing getaway on the pristine sands of Saadiyat.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Can't say enough about my enjoyment which I have experienced on St. Regis Saadiyat Island.
Usually I am very picky when ever I am staying in a hotel as I am a hotelier my self.

Begining with the cheerful doorman who made the sign of the good start, then the wonderful receptionist who gave me a room with a magnificent view, he called it "partly seaview" however I can still see the shoreline from the bath tub, also the super professional butler Romano, unfortunatly he is the only one I remeber his name, he escorted us to the room and made sure that we were getting the best service during the stay.

Restaurant staff was also very helpful during the breakfast, and the breakfast buffet itself was the biggest and widest varity I ever seen.
The most amazing spot in the hotel which we enjoyed the most was the kids swimming pool as I was staying with my wife and two kids, it is totaly separated from the adult pool, and had slide, waterfall, fountains, sprinkles and lots of toys. It is covered with a big tent and linked to the huge kids club which was like a paradise for the kids. Family swimming pools was also great with view on the sea which was very relaxing.Must mention also the attentiveness of the life guards who were more worring about the kids more than our selvs and the pool attendant who was always complimentary cold water and fruit slices.

The beach as well is astonishing sand is realy soft as it wasn't touched before and the water was very pure with relaxing short waves.

The hotel room was furnished with high taste and the bathroom amenties were outstanding, and was big enough to accomodate me , my wife and the two kids.

The stay was ended nicely also by the flexabilty on the late check out on the last day and the sweets which was placed in our room.

Congratulation to the management team you should be really proud by your hotel and staff, and make sure to keep the hotel on shape and the staff happy

Room Tip: even to book for a sea view or ask for a partly sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marwan A

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and your kind words. It is indeed a more complex task to satisfy a hotelier so I’m glad that we not only satisfied but delivered on our promise of providing an experience beyond expectation.
Our children’s facility, Sandcastle Club, is indeed popular with our younger guests so I’m glad your children managed ample time at the facility.
Thank you again for individually recognizing our facilities and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My first Trip advisor review. My stay was perfect. The staff went above and beyond my expectations. Last time I stayed in Abu Dhabi I stayed at the Intercontinetal - it was great, but St Regis was better. The buffet food was great and the adults only pool very relaxing.
I normally can't be bothered to write these things - however I thought I needed to this time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank andytaylor8

Dear Andy,

We are honored to be your first Tripadvisor review. Thank you for your time and effort as it is testimony that you truly enjoyed your time with us.I am looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed there for one week in early Sept 2012. I could make this the shortest review ever by just saying it was absolutely perfect. Anyhow, it is certainly worthwile pointing out some experiences. The room was spacious and gorgeous; we got upgraded to a Suite being SPG platinum. Very luxurious and tastefully appointed room. The bathroom was breathtaking. So were all the amenities. Housekeeping does a fabulous job. We loved the breakfast. For the first time in my life, I set the alarm clock on vacation to have enough time for the breakfast buffet. They have everything. Every single dish is fresh and prepared to perfection. One little observation in this regard: as charter tourist groups came in, the breakfast buffet was donwgraded in size and variety. Most probably a reasonable decision since we observed the majority not appreciating the wide variety of arabian and asian delights anyhow. That leads me to the only recommendation to the discerning traveller: consider going there during low/mid season; a bit warmer but less busy and less charter groups which creates a more relaxing environment for the demanding St. Regis conoisseur. Back to the compliments: the beach is superb; absolutely clean and the life guard on duty also provides shoes for swimming if there is too much gravel on the shore. We loved the pool and the sun chairs with the ltitle cabanas behind. The pool bar/bistro serves fresh light food - just perfect for a late afternoon bite. Last but not least, our experience at the Sontaya asian restaurant was memorable. A thai-indonesian fusion dish that was truly high-end and thought throu. A melting of tastes from the best of what both kitchens offer (rather than the usual fancy-fusion stuff which just looks good, has a fancy name and tastes mediocre at its best). A big compliment to the dishes they created. The cooks, we were told Thai and Indonesian, really know what they are doing. We will certainly go back. The place is fabulous. As I said above, we'll stick to the hot season for the reason cited.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RHW1974

Greetings from The. St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
I am delighted that your stay with us was absolutely perfect, a sentiment we strive to achieve with all our guests. It is also a pleasure to read that you appreciated the quality and authenticity of our cuisines as we pride ourselves on attention to detail but also on keeping food simple and flavorful.
Thank you again for the high rating and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Have been staying here with my boyfriend for Valentines day, and though the hotel wasn't fully operating, we got the best treatment. From upgrade to a butler service, from anniversary dinner to amazing breakfast, from the room to the spa, from the library to the mini-bar - everything was so adorable. In my opinion, this is the best hotel in Abu Dhabi so far. Totally worth every dirham spent. The feeling they give you can not be compared to anything. The room was just huge and smartly designed, with super king size bed and a comfy coach and chairs. The bathroom made me spent half of my time in it as it was just chic) the only problem was with the shower, cuz there was something wrong with the drain whole and there was water overflow, but the housekeeping managed to make it seem like it never happened) the mini-bar was so nicely stocked with different stuff which you don't meet often in any other mini-bar and it appeared to be very smart of them to put those things inside. You should definitely wake up for breakfast, as it has so many items on display of local and continental and oriental cuisine. Also they keep bringing you some chef compliments to taste during your meal, and believe me those are just beyond everything. And of course, you shouldn't leave without checking out the spa. We had the journey for two treatment, and we were so pampered as it lasted more than 2 hours. If you want your partner to feel royal on some special day, you should totally book a room here and try it all.

Room Tip: They are all amazing, so just enjoy it
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Greetings and thank you for your words of praise! I am delighted to read your stay with us was memorable and beyond expectation in every sense, a promise that St. Regis as a brand strives to achieve globally. I am glad that you also enjoyed time at the Iridium Spa, the first of its kind in the region.
Thank you again for choosing us the address to celebrate time with your loved one and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable stay.

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

One of the best hotels I stayed in UAE, their ocean suite is highly recommended, great view, their kids zone area was amazing even my kid didn't want to leave the place. Definately is a hotel that I want to visit again for any short break.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank MeshariAlbannai
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Meshari,

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that your child thoroughly enjoyed the Sandcastle Club, a dedicated facility for our little guests that also allows parents alike the time to relax and take a break.
Thank you for your positive note and I look forward to welcoming your family and you back very soon.