“One of the best 5* hotels we've experienced”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #26 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Wellington
“One of the best 5* hotels we've experienced”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Just had one fabulous night in a St Regis suite, but came away feeling so relaxed and pampered.
The staff are very attentive and super friendly, nothing is too much trouble.
Our stay was at the beginning of Eid, so the hotel was really busy, but the service was impeccable.
Dined in Sontaya and it was superb. The ambience, the staff and the food all top notch.
Breakfast buffet equally superb. Can't fault this hotel and can't wait to escape there for another breakaway.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.
Thank you for your kind review as you have indeed managed to capture and experience the essence of our resort’s Mediterranean ease. I’m glad that you could unwind and relax during your stay with us.
I am sure upon your return you will enjoy Turquoiz, our latest addition. Turquoiz is a vibrant beach restaurant and lounge that affords amazing sunset views and serves a large selection of fresh seafood.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

John Pelling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We are a family with two children under two and so traveling is such a hassle that it is easier to stay home... But, we decided to give this place a try as they have a children's area however, they don't put enough information about this on their website--so, we were uncertain as to what we would get. IT IS PERFECT AND WONDERFUL FOR YOUNG CHILDREN. Sorry about the all caps, but I want to emphasize it!!! it is set up in such a way that we could enjoy time with our little ones instead of being body guards saying 'don't go there, don't touch that... etc" We even booked a couple of hours of their baby sitting service so daddy and i could have a cheeky cocktail or too in the lovely and serene adult pool area. Would LOVE to go back, having said that, it may be a while as it is really quite expensive. Breakfast buffet is stunning with high quality food. You can tell that the place is exceptionally well-managed. We live in Dubai and we are familiar with the cycle of great places that start off well with trained staff and then deteriorate as they try to employ cheaper, less-qualified staff. Not the case here. I just wish they were a bit cheaper--it is really expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank newmamaagain
Thank you for your feedback and I am glad you took the time to enjoy our facilities, especially the Sandcastle Club with your children. The team at our children’s club will be very pleased with your kind recommendation.
I am also delighted to read that you utilized our baby-sitting service which allowed you some time to yourself at the adult pool.
We look forward to welcoming your family and you for another indelible stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

We arrived 10am. Waiting for rooms till 4pm. No access to swimming polls and no solution from management. We have left the hotel and our vacation was spoiled. management has no idea about customers satisfaction and how to handle. Very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012
8 Thank tfarouk_99
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
Dear Farouk,

I am truly disappointed to read your comments and of course I am sorry for the shortfalls in service experienced during your recent visit.
You have a dim view of the hotel which is regretful and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss further with you. I can be contacted at StRegis.Saadiyat@stregis.com and I will attempt to change your view.

London
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We were made to feel welcome the minute we arrived in this hotel - and were so pleased we chose it over the Emirates Palace. It had the great combination of being simplistically elegant with a relaxed yet quietly efficient style, where everything worked, as it is so new.
The bedroom was beautifully light - with an amazing (and huge) bathroom and a good sized balcony
Plenty of storage and additional hangers made available upon request
Iron and ironing board (although no trouser press)
Ipod docking station
Butler service with complimentary tea and coffee as we returned to our room each evening (although that meant there were no tea/coffee making facilities).
Fantastic beach with beautiful sea - although it's a pity it's not possible to remove the stones/rocks that line the sea line
Buffet breakfast was extensive - and both the Indonesian Restaurant ant the new seafood restaurant, Turquoise, were great (if a little dark - take your own torch to read the menu)
The Spa was excellent - ask for Andrea!
We will certainly return

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Dear Lavinia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed the experience at our venues – be it Sontaya, our Southeast Asian restaurant, Turquoiz, our new beach restaurant and the Iridium Spa. Andrea will be thrilled with your kind recognition.
I have also noted your experience at the beach and our apologies on the inconvenience. Saadiyat’s beach is a natural stretch and for the comfort of our guests, we offer complimentary protective aqua shoes for use in some areas of the water.
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

essex
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights early October and the hotel, rooms and staff are fab.

I have to thank and mention the staff/chefs (Jack, Fitri and Pamela) in the Olea restaurant who are just wonderful. I mentioned that asian soups, satay chicken and rice pudding was some of our favourite dishes and they made sure that we got just that the folowing evening. Now thats what I call service. The food is great.

This really is a lovely hotel but now for the but........
We did have drilling and grinding from workmen still working on the Royal suite through out our stay. This was during the daytime whilst we was around the pool area's. It was most annoying and not what we expected on a relaxing holiday.

The sea is just beautiful but you'll need shoes on to enter into the water or walk along the beach, because the beach area has a big problem with rocks/stones. Also who ever cut the grass from the golf club decided to dump the grass cuttings in the sea/shoreline ( I took photo's of the grass cuttings). The hotel are trying to deal with the rocks but I feel that it's going to take along time. This was very disappointing and not enjoyable.

A lot of construction work outside the hotel

I did raise these points along with others to managment before I left. It's shame because this is a beautiful hotel and I would consider returning when these issues are resolved.

Room Tip: Book a seaveiw room as you will not see any construction work.
3 Thank wheretonextfolks
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
I appreciate your kind recognition of our staff, specifically Fitri, Jack and Pamela from Olea, our all-day dining venue. I’m sure they will be as thrilled to read your feedback.
However, our sincere apologies on the noise level you experienced around the pool. I’m confident the next time you are staying with us, it will be seamless in every aspect.
I have also noted your experience at the beach and for the comfort of our guests, we offer complimentary protective aqua shoes for use in some areas of the water.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I live in Sharjah,1 weekend me and my family went to this wonderful place we are fascinated of the warm welcome from the entrance of the hotel to the receiving. all the people are smiling and you feel being at home all the time. We were amaze how smart our butlers is, he show us around and even the space of the room he knows it very well. thank you to our butler who did not leave us and been patient with us for 2 days butler. The room was perfectly done and very well clean the housekeepers are neatly doing our stuffs into place where we meet our cleaners. lastly,that really let me not forget this place is we departed in this hotel where knowing all our things are intact a call from the hotel saying that a ring was found in our room we check our things but all are intact except for my wife's wedding ring where we thought that is was in our car somewhere . we are relive by this call from this boy who introduce himself as a ordertaker of the housekeeping office Alex if we are not mistaken by his name in our small appreciation and thank you me and my family would like to say thank you for the Unforgettable experience that you had given us. we will back into this place soon

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your kind review.
Indeed, the St. Regis Butler Service is our signature service and there to address every need so that your stay with us is the perfect getaway. I am especially pleased to read how your wife’s wedding ring was found by our staff and the gesture didn’t go unnoticed.
Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable stay.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I couldn't say enough nice things about this new resort in Abu Dhabi. We were there only for one night and we never wanted to leave! Everything was flawless, from check in to check out. The service was incredible, the staff attentive and knowledgeable.

The hotel is brand new, which means everything was still impeccable, but with the St. Regis brand, you know it will stay like this for a long time. Our suite was beautiful, as always, perfectly decorated - contemporary, but warm and homey at the same time. Definitely ask for an sea view room though, it's beautiful!

We are dinner at the seafood restaurant, which is more casual. The food was amazing. The surf and turf and halibut are excellent there. Atmosphere is also nice, not too stuffy. Breakfast was also exceptional, the buffet was plentiful and the quality was great. Also sea view. Not too shabby :-).

All I can say is: we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
I am very pleased to read that your experience was flawless. It is certainly our aim to create every opportunity to provide you with a memorable stay, and I’m glad we delivered on our promise.
I am also glad you managed to experience Turquoiz, our newly opened beach restaurant and lounge that affords amazing sunset views.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you back.