“A fine stay at this new Abu Dhabi resort”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed with a few friends and generally speaking the quality of the resort is excellent. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The rooms are small. And when we were there it took ages to get our car back from the valet as the parking lot was flooded. I assume this is because the resort is new and there are some teething issues. Otherwise the stay was great. The other issues is that there are only 3 checkin desks for such a huge resort. For people to wait to check is over 15 minutes is unacceptable. They need to add more desks and increase the efficiency a bit. We were there for the entire day. We did not sleep in the hotel room, but left at about 2am in the morning due to personal commitments the next day in Dubai.

Room Tip: The rooms are generally small. But they all have a balcony with a small view of a construction site...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on our friendly staff and a setting on the pristine sands of Saadiyat. We hope you will return soon and enjoy waking up at the resort to views of the turquoise blue ocean.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Hotels like the St Regis certainly are 5 stars with regards to the property. Suitcase went missing for about 60 minutes. I had to follow up 3 times.
No check in until 3 pm but you can see the hotel is definitely not full. OK so I have just driven from Dubai but you will let me know when a room is ready ? Of course - I had to follow up. Got the room at 14.15. Special concession. In future I will stay in hotels in Abu Dhabi where I am treated like a guest.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AKR001

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and our sincere apologies on the delays at check-in. We are diligently working on improving a few areas and hope that you will allow us to rectify the situation, should you intend to return on a different occasion.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I live in Dubai and a few friends planned to visit this hotel for the weekend. I have to stay the rooms and the property are excellent, The views from the rooms and the thai restaurant are amazing. The food is amazing and the variety on the menu is great. But the service of the hotel is one of the worst i have experienced in St Regis ( i have stayed in a lot of the St Regis properties) and also would be one of the worst in any five star hotels i have stayed at. The bags took over an hour to be brought to us once we had checked in the food we ordered in the evening took about the same time. The next day one of the servers in the all day dining was extremely rude to us when we asked them where we could get pasta and pizza for our kids. I would recommend this property for the views and the rooms but would warn you do not expect too much in service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Whilst I am delighted to read your positive feedback on the resort’s setting and on dining at Sontaya, I would like to apologize for the shortfalls in service. It is truly disappointing to read your comments as our staff are often recognized for their warm, friendly and efficient service. We take guest feedback seriously and your comments have been shared with the concerned departments in an endeavor to enhance our guests experience. We hope you will allow us to rectify the situation by returning on a different occasion as I am certain your next stay will be seamless in every aspect.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I have just returned from doing the weekend brunch package at The St Regis, Saadiyat Island. I have to say from arrival to departure, the service was faultless and attentive without being overbearing. The staff are very well trained and show a genuine interest for the hotel guests which makes the whole experience wonderful.

Guest rooms are spacious, modern and very clean with the most comfortable bed I have slept in for years! Bathrooms are gorgeous and very well thought out. I had requested in advance for an anniversary cake (our wedding anniversary) to be left in our room, which I have to say was not there when I arrived. I thought that maybe it would be there later on after returning from brunch but still was not. I contacted Concierge and they told me they had no record of a cake being requested. Again however within I would say maximum an hour, there was a knock on the door and a cake with 'Happy Anniversary' piped on the plate in chocolate!

BRUNCH

Attentive service and the most delicious sangria and free flowing bubbles. Large selection of food. However I would just like to comment on the following - selected some large unpeeled prawns and I have absolutely no problem pulling the head and tails off myself, but what I do not want to do is actually 'clean' the prawns at the table as out of the 6 I selected, 4 had not had their 'vein' taken away. I handed them to the chef and within 5 minutes, he had sent back a plate of beautifully clean prawns for me so cannot again fault the service, I think I may just have been unlucky. Roast beef carvery - when I went to the service station, there was no chef present, I waited 5 minutes and also asked another member of staff if somebody could please come to carve the beef joint for me, but nobody came, in the end, I took it into my own hands and carved the joint myself, which was fine. Yorkshire pudding left standing so hard and not edible and gravy was only just tepid. Also, around 3 pm (stop serving at 4 pm), the dessert selection was dwindling down and many items not being replaced. As I said, these are just small matters were there could be room for improvement but certainly did not spoil the buffet experience.

In the evening (still completely full from brunch), we strolled down to Turquoiz, the beach restaurant/bar. We sat outside and at 10 pm complimentary cocktails were given to the ladies. Again, service perfect but what surprised me was that even though this is a beach bar/restaurant, the beach is not lit up in anyway so you basically do not have any real view. I found this quite strange considering obviously so much money and attention has been paid to providing nighttime lighting and ambiance to the rest of the resort and outside area.

Breakfast the following morning was perfect. Weather was good enough to sit outside without being too humid. Cappuccino lovely, fresh juices, wide selection of food all matched with superb service.

After breakfast we went and sat by the adult only pool. Again, outstanding service around the pool from complimentary water and iced tea to cold towels. Ordered a Pina Colada which was served in a pineapple!

All in all a great two day getaway. I am a real stickler for customer service as it seems to be a dying art nowadays but I have to say that The St Regis delivered hands down and I can honestly say, many other hotels and service related establishments would do well to take a leaf out of their book.

Room Tip: Look at doing the weekend brunch package which includes brunch, breakfast and a late check-out.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and for rating us so highly. It is certainly a moment of pride for myself and my team to read such wonderful comments and am delighted we were able to offer you a true St Regis experience. Your constructive feedback has also been well noted and shared with the venue manager.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back and am certain your next stay with us will be seamless in every aspect.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Spent a week there in October 2012 with the family. Our stay was extraordinary from day one: friendly staff, magic location, luxurious rooms, incredible gym, numerous swimming pools and fantastic food. The sea is always warm and the beach very clean. Great place to escape with children.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Fabrice,

Thank you for rating us so highly. In particular, thank you for appreciating and recognizing our facilities be it our guest rooms, warm and friendly staff and unique beach location. I am delighted we were able to offer you and your family a wonderful getaway and look forward to welcoming you back for another flawless experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Although we didn't actually stay here we did get to look at some of the rooms and had a great lunch here. The food was great and the resort is on a beautiful beachfront with a huge pool. Everywhere is spotlessly clean and tidy. Very impressive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind words. I am pleased you were impressed by our resort setting and enjoyed your dining experience.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back, and next time to stay with us and fully experience our bespoke St. Regis service, including our signature butler service.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Truly a great property. Stunning views, great staff, great food. Good for short breaks if you live in the UAE. Great if you are visiting and dont want the usual city hotel option. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted to read that we delivered to you the perfect short escape with our Mediterranean–inspired setting. I appreciate your kind words of recognition and look forward to welcoming you back for another flawless experience.