“Wonderful week away”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #31 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed in late june this year. A last minute holiday with my cousin for a well earned rest before my husband had major back surgery. The st regis was an excellent choice good not have been better. All the staff are very attentive and obviously have been extremely well trained. In particular the staff working around all the pools. We booked a sea view room and the first room they showed us was indeed beautiful but was on a lower floor so we could not see the sea! As soon as this was mentioned we were whisked away to a higher floor with a amazing view.

The butler service was perfect every time we asked for something it arrived very quickly. I forgot my apple earphones, when I asked the butler were I could purchase a set she offered to get it fr me and even leant me her set for the day, you can't get better.

I am extremely fussy and only stay in the best hotels and the st regis definitely meets all my expectations.

So much so I have just booked a second week in November for my husband and I and friends.

If you want a perfect combination I recommend a stay at the anantara qasr al sarab hotel in the desert that too is just perfect.

Room Tip: Pick a sea view room on floor 5 in central part of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill B
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and will be returning in November. We look forward to delivering another memorable stay on your return.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had the honor of staying in one of the Spa suites, and I can go on and on forever and still I wouldn't do it justice. Simply, heaven. I have been around a LOT, I am very picky, hard to please, and now I am pregnant which makes me even more picky and harder to please, but I can simply say that by far, this is the most gorgeous relaxing divine accommodation I have ever experienced. (It really made me think why we ever wasted money on travelling abroad when we have this hotel just around the corner!!).

For the suite, although a bit pricey but worth every penny. It was spotless, huge, private, and have all amenities & facilities you can ever think of. It came along with a 90-min massage for each of us, provided in our very own treatment room. The treatments were excellent and both ladies were so professional that we were just blown away.
As for the adult pool, made me break a record in "me-staying-in-water" time. I believe I spent everyday around 6 hours in there! It was perfectly chilled, great drinks in hand, and the shaded areas added to its perfection.

On a little less positive note, Butlers, although very polite and ever so helpful, can be a bit more coordinated. I got a feeling our orientation lady was new and did not know all the facilities, also while we were having our massages, a butler showed up twice asking if we need anything/our room made up, which distracted our relaxation time.
Further, the hotel can def. add some facilities like; Kite surfing, kayaking...etc. My husband was a bit disappointed when he couldn't find any.
During check-out, as many guests advised here, check the receipts well. There was a confusion over an item if it should be added or removed. However, the check-out assistant was really professional and solved the issue in less than 5 mins.

In the end the important question is, will we be back? HECK YEA! I am already planning our next stay and CANT wait!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the Spa Suites if you are looking for quite romantic and relaxing time. It...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and recommending our three themed Spa Suites. I am glad you enjoyed the massage in-suite by our Iridium Spa team. We appreciate your comments on the butler service which has been shared with the concerned team as we strive to constantly deliver on the St. Regis promise of an experience beyond expectation.

We look forward to your return for another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

All I can say is WOW!
The Hotel was amazing, The room was Spacious and the toilets was HUGE!
Everything was well organized, clean and just right
The bath tub was large a deep and was great for relaxation “There was no Bath Salts provided” which was a bummer.
The pool area was nice specially on the adult pool as no kids running around and you can enjoy the peace, yet when we went there it was Ramadan and no Food or drink service on the pool, which was a bit of a disappointment, “UAE law, hotel can’t do anything about it”
Try to ask for a sea view room as this is what we got and the view is worth it.
The butler service were professional and never said no to any of our requests
Rose Petal setup was done in the room, yet it was not Amazing… could have been better.
They have a nice kids play area on the pool, so planning to go back with the little one to spend a day or 2
Beach is beautiful but full of stones “they offered shoes for the hotel guest”
In general we really enjoyed the stay and all the people we interacted with whee extremely nice and professional from Front office to housekeeping!

Room Tip: High Floor with Seaview!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
stregis_saadiyat, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear George,

Thank you for your kind comments, we truly appreciate your high recommendations. We look forward to your next visit in the cooler months and offering you another indelible experience.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

LOCATION: Good location for a beach resort. The sand on the beach is very good. A short taxi ride to city center or Yas Marina.

ROOM: Huge room with great bathroom. Very comfortable bed.

STAFF: Very helpful and polite. What you would expect from St. Regis.

HOTEL: The hotel just opened recently so the hotel was in great condition.

CITY: Definitely go to see the Grand Mosque. One of the most impressive religious buildings.

NOTE: All our reviews are not evaluated on the exclusively mutual experience at the respective hotel. Our ratings and standards are benchmarked with other hotels that we have stayed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dal-n-lana

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for rating us so highly. It is very encouraging to read comments like yours and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have to say that this place is amazing, is far away from the city chaos, and it is a beautiful hotel, very good service. However, as we are here for rating, I have to say I will try to avoid St Regis as much as I can because of their ultra fluffy beds they use in all the hotel chain, which for me are always a problem. This is a personal issues, I cannot sleep well, so I didn't rest. But if you have no problem with that, than I recommend you to stay, rooms are spacious, and the area outside is lovely.
The other thing I did not like was the buffet breakfast in the morning. A lot of things but I would have kept less choice maybe but better quality. On the other hand, the restaurants are very good!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank basbusa

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to read that you found the bed ultra-fluffy, which usually is something that guest enjoy and find restful. I’m sure we will be able to find a solution for your next stay with us. In the interim, please do not hesitate to contact me at stregis.saadiyat@stregis.com for your future assistance.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We spent 1 week in this place. Beautiful place, excellent service, very clean and very polite staff. The Hotel has private beach and different restaurants. I can offer 55/5 Steak House.
We are definitely will be back. Unforgettable experience :) Love it

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. It is a pleasure and makes us proud to have delivered a true St. Regis experience. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We travelled with 2 children (4, 8) so took interconnecting standard rooms as that was the cheapest option. The rooms were fantastic. Very spacious, with incredible bathrooms, fabulous showers and massive free-standing bathtubs placed in the windows.

Everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations, from the rooms to the service. We loved the adults'-only pool with its quiet, lounge vibe, jacuzzi beds and loungers in the pool; and we loved the kids' club, which takes unaccompanied children and has a fabulous pool. There are caves rope bridges and a slide - the kids loved it.

The only downside was the beach is not that great - it's fairly rocky till a long way out, meaning my children didn't want to get in the sea, but the main pool was lovely.

Room Tip: Well, as we had the cheapest rooms and those were fabulous, I doubt you could go wrong, to be honest...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BellsDubai

Dear Guest,

We do thank you for your feedback and are delighted to read that everything at our resort exceeded your expectations. We look forward to you return for another indelible stay.