“Pure Bliss!!!!!”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a hotel as impressive as the St. Regis. I had expected it to be top rate, based on reviews but it completely exceeded my expectations. The hotel itself is grand, impressive, luxurious and sumptuous, to say the least. It is situated on a small island, away from the hustle and bustle of the city and was the perfect location to relax, unwind and completely switch off from the stresses of everyday life. The customer service is extraordinary and I have never had the pleasure of being treated so politely and courteously, anywhere else I've stayed. The food from the Olea restaurant was fantastic and the room facilities were luxurious. I plan to return some time, in the not too distant future, with other family members, as I feel they're missing out, if they don't get to experience what I did. It definitely was my week of heaven on earth............

Room Tip: Stayed in a superior room but it didn't have a sea view. However, this didn't matter as we...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CHRISTINE K
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Christine,

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to read we exceeded your expectations and look forward to your return with your family.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,635)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have just returned from a week staying at the St Regis Hotel Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi. As soon as we walked through the doors we experienced high class treatment - the staff, the food, the room(with sea view) was excellent. The hotel had a calm relaxed feel and nothing was too much trouble. You really feel you are staying in luxury.

We will definitely stay here again, very soon if I can help it :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you again for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

From the moment you park in front of this location the staff is there waiting to tend to your every need. This has got to be the most outstanding customer service oriented hotel I have ever stayed in. Rooms were large and so clean, huge bathroom with large shower and deep bath along with it. The butler service was great, although I may not be used to having others do much for me having that option was just great. Given a tour of the entire place and they have everything you could need. Beach is right in the rear with great service for drinks (wear water shoes cause towards the water is rocky) Pool area is great split up into different areas Family area is where you can swim and have fun, adult area is where you can just relax and hear no nonsense. All in all this is a fantastic place and I would like to commend the entire staff for their diligent service throughout my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julianmitch2

Dear Julian and Mitch,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback and rating us so highly. We look forward to your return to offer another indelible experience.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

This Hotel is one of the best I have ever been. Since you park your car you feel the luxury everywhere. Rooms are so huge and spacious that can accommodate 3 adults or a family of 5 without any problems. Bathrooms' design is a piece of art. Family pool is very nice and adult pool is a must try to have the maximum relaxtion you may need. They have a huge beach of more than 1500 m of length. The coffe, tea and water is free of charge within the room and the lobby area which shows how generous they are in every detail. The only thing that may become better is the quality of food in the main restaurant despite the large choices you will see. Staff is so helpful and respectful.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room and you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamer_Ismail_

Dear Tamer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to read that you had an amazing stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Upon arrival to the St Regis at 6am we were warmly welcomed by the porters on the main entrance who escorted us to a swift and pleasant check-in. When we were accompanied to our room by the floor 7 butler, we were shown the range of facilities the hotel had to offer.

The rooms are decorated and furnished to an incredibly high standard offering a variety of amenities (you could probably arrive at this hotel without any toiletries at this hotel as they provide a vast array in the well equipped bathrooms). The room and bathroom were generously sized; the bathroom was the full length of the bedroom making it incredibly spacious. We have stayed in other properties in the UAE and the St Regis is definitely among the best we have stayed in.

The St Regis Butler service was friendly and as efficient as they could be- a very good feature of the hotel.

The Manhattan Bar offered a wide range of drinks to choose from and the hot chocolate was delicious! We would recommend a visit, as the staff are very welcoming and the menu has lots to choose from.

The pool and beach area were stunning, very well maintained with plenty of space between the sunbeds, offering privacy if you required it. The pool and beach staff could not do enough for us, they always exceeded our expectations with their level of service and friendly attitude.

As we visited on a half board basis, we ate breakfast and dinner in Olea the buffet-style restaurant. The range of choice and selection both in the morning and evening was excellent, even picky eaters would struggle not to find something. Again the staff were attentive, very efficient and friendly- a general trend throughout the hotel.

Furthermore, members of staff which really did exceed our expectations were:
Elisa, Ayemar and Phyo the floor 7 housekeeping who cleaned and maintained our room to a briliiant standard.
Sudi- a member of the pool assistance team who was very friendly and professional throughout our stay, he always made us feel welcome.
Vaibhav and Sara in the Manhattan Bar were friendly, professional and very efficient on all occasions when we visited.

Thank you St Regis for an excellent stay- we plan to return for a second visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor offer excellent views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank LoveToTravel_20103

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, it was a certainly a pleasure to read your wonderful feedback. I will be sure to pass on the same to our teams. We eagerly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed in late june this year. A last minute holiday with my cousin for a well earned rest before my husband had major back surgery. The st regis was an excellent choice good not have been better. All the staff are very attentive and obviously have been extremely well trained. In particular the staff working around all the pools. We booked a sea view room and the first room they showed us was indeed beautiful but was on a lower floor so we could not see the sea! As soon as this was mentioned we were whisked away to a higher floor with a amazing view.

The butler service was perfect every time we asked for something it arrived very quickly. I forgot my apple earphones, when I asked the butler were I could purchase a set she offered to get it fr me and even leant me her set for the day, you can't get better.

I am extremely fussy and only stay in the best hotels and the st regis definitely meets all my expectations.

So much so I have just booked a second week in November for my husband and I and friends.

If you want a perfect combination I recommend a stay at the anantara qasr al sarab hotel in the desert that too is just perfect.

Room Tip: Pick a sea view room on floor 5 in central part of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill B

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and will be returning in November. We look forward to delivering another memorable stay on your return.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had the honor of staying in one of the Spa suites, and I can go on and on forever and still I wouldn't do it justice. Simply, heaven. I have been around a LOT, I am very picky, hard to please, and now I am pregnant which makes me even more picky and harder to please, but I can simply say that by far, this is the most gorgeous relaxing divine accommodation I have ever experienced. (It really made me think why we ever wasted money on travelling abroad when we have this hotel just around the corner!!).

For the suite, although a bit pricey but worth every penny. It was spotless, huge, private, and have all amenities & facilities you can ever think of. It came along with a 90-min massage for each of us, provided in our very own treatment room. The treatments were excellent and both ladies were so professional that we were just blown away.
As for the adult pool, made me break a record in "me-staying-in-water" time. I believe I spent everyday around 6 hours in there! It was perfectly chilled, great drinks in hand, and the shaded areas added to its perfection.

On a little less positive note, Butlers, although very polite and ever so helpful, can be a bit more coordinated. I got a feeling our orientation lady was new and did not know all the facilities, also while we were having our massages, a butler showed up twice asking if we need anything/our room made up, which distracted our relaxation time.
Further, the hotel can def. add some facilities like; Kite surfing, kayaking...etc. My husband was a bit disappointed when he couldn't find any.
During check-out, as many guests advised here, check the receipts well. There was a confusion over an item if it should be added or removed. However, the check-out assistant was really professional and solved the issue in less than 5 mins.

In the end the important question is, will we be back? HECK YEA! I am already planning our next stay and CANT wait!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the Spa Suites if you are looking for quite romantic and relaxing time. It...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and recommending our three themed Spa Suites. I am glad you enjoyed the massage in-suite by our Iridium Spa team. We appreciate your comments on the butler service which has been shared with the concerned team as we strive to constantly deliver on the St. Regis promise of an experience beyond expectation.

We look forward to your return for another memorable stay with us.