“A paradise”

Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Ivrea, Italy
“A paradise”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

A fantastic location for this hotel: close to the sea and golf courses. Everything within the St Regis is outstanding: people, professionality, food, services, rooms and public places.
There are many opportunities to relax at the resort or to reach other places in the Abu Dhabi area.
Bottomlime: a wonderful resort where the main feeling for the customer is "being pampered" every moment.

Room Tip: Do not be shy ... St Regis' personnel is keen to provide everything needed
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Ipogliano,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and it is indeed a moment of pride that our team pampered you every moment and you could relax in our Mediterranean-inspired resort. We look forward to your return in the near future for another bespoke experience.

Stewart Selbie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We just stayed 10 days at this amazing resort and it was fabulous! The hotel is gorgeous, the service is excellent and the turquoise waters of the Persian city are beautiful. Our room had butler service and I cannot begin to say enough about our butler Mark Dalit. He took care of our every need even offering to pack her bags for us when we were leaving. He was phenomenal. If the management at St. Regis Saadiyat Island read this review I hope that they advise Mark that we were very impressed with him. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Regina P
Dear Regina,

Thank you for your kind feedback and for rating us so highly. Your recommendation as well as your kind words of praise about the Butler, Mark, are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you again for another opportunity to deliver memorable experience.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I planned a trip to Dubai, then visited the St. Regis Saadiyat for our wedding anniversary weekend - 27 Dec 13 to 30 Dec 13 - and it did not disappoint. Free parking if you are driving from Dubai - and the resort is close enough to downtown Abu Dhabi for some sightseeing, but far enough away so that you have the "resort feel." The service, the restaurants, the golf/spa, the beautiful pools and beaches... I highly recommend the St. Regis Saadiyat. The Butler service is second to none, and we were able to take advantage of all of the restaurants, including Friday brunch with bubbles. Our anniversary dinner was fantastic - at 55&5th, their premier steakhouse - the sommelier was quite helpful. The overall atmosphere and stunning views are worth every penny. Looking back, they are particular about every detail - manicured landscaping, quality pillows and mattress, smoothing out the beachfront each morning, live music and carefully arranging the lounge cushions and cabana pillows. These are little things that one should not take for granted. St. Regis Saadiyat is a very relaxing resort and the staff was very attentive/ friendly. The surroundings are gorgeous, the service is superb, and golf/spa are not to be missed. To describe in one word: Spectacular - we loved every minute of our stay and you will too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taliehair
Dear talihair,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort for your special occasion, inclusive your anniversary dinner at 55&5th. It is a delight to read that your experience was memorable and you enjoyed every minute of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another opportunity to deliver indelible moments.

Dublin
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is expensive and frustrating and when you know the service that is available elsewhere this hotel is significantly lacking. We stayed for three days in an 'ocean view' superior balcony room. I have added the photo of the 'ocean view'. I asked to move and was accommodated to a nicer room on day two but this involved re-packing everything and was itself an ordeal with the new room not ready until 5pm on the second day (a voluntary refund of 300 Dhs was also offered) The manager who dealt with the matter was excellent but the room should have been prioritised.

Service issues are also apparent. At the adult only pool (the majority of which except about 6 loungers is in permanent shade) I was told that there was no draught beer as it was empty and would remain so for the day! My suggestion that drinks could be obtained from another bar seemed to come as a surprise to the attendant but was acted upon. The service in the breakfast rooms was very patchy with one couple having to dress their own table with scavenged utensils due to lack of service. My dirty cup was replaced in similar fashion, i.e. by my taking one off another partially used and uncleared table when I had unsuccessfully sought a waiter for ten minutes. We were also told, whilst hosting friends who live in Abu Dhabi, that none of the patio heaters on the bar terrace could be turned on as they were out of gas. I asked if the manager was aware of this and was told yes, but the gas was far away!!!! Our friends considered this outrageous in comparison to normal and expected service. We have stayed in Shangri La (about half the price of this hotel) and One & Only (comparably priced or slightly more expensive) and both were vastly superior as regards service. I think that this hotel is simply too sprawling to extend any individual or properly supervised service.

On the plus side the room was nicely appointed with a great bathroom. The bed was admittedly the most comfortable ever. Check-in was good apart from some quirky/inappropriate (joking) comments re the receptionist using my credit card to go shopping and taking my new iPhone!!

I can't recommend staying at this hotel unless you are doing so particularly for golf. By the way also avoid the adjoining Indian Restaurant in the "Collection" if you are here! I won't even go there.... Stay elsewhere for much better value for money and vastly superior service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KJ C
Dear KJ C,

Thank you for proving us with your feedback about your experience and we are sorry to read about your dissatisfaction. This is certainly not the service we normally provide and I can understand the disappointment. It has been a very busy period for us but that is no excuse for our team to not take action on service issue’s you described. We have taken this as a clear example to our teams to ensure that we should be more pro-active in our service delivery.
I will further forward your comments to the management of Avasa, the Indian Restaurant in the Collection.

KJ C, Again thank you for your feedback and we hope you will reconsider visiting us again and enable us to show you the true service we stand for at the St. Regis Saadiyat. Please do contact me if I can assist with any arranagements.

UK
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The thing about five star hotels like this is that they all tend to be pretty impressive in terms of style and service, so when giving a trip advisor rating, it is necessary to consider the little things, personal to me and my experience. The only reason I have rated the St Regis average is because it is an average five star hotel, nothing more or less than that. The service was great, the room and bathroom beautifully presented, although my side of the bed had no support whatsoever, and I had to swap sides with my husband because of the resulting back pain. Very nice food, although not spectacular. We ate at 55th&5th and Turquoiz. I found the adults only pool area disappointing, but this is only because the Al Husn, Shangri La in Oman is where we went last year and the pool was exceptional. Also, it loses the sun quite earlyish behind the building. There is a very pretty beach and probably the best equipped fitness centre I have seen in a hotel with a 25m swimming pool. We moved on to Qasr Al Sarab after the St Regis so in that context the St Regis does seem an average five star, not an exceptional five star in my view.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JemmyButton
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Jemmy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and we do realize that expectations are high in the 5 star segment. We are sorry that we did not meet these, especially concerning your sleep comfort and we have changed the mattress to improve this. We do hope you will return and allow us the opportunity to show the personalized services we provide to elevate The St. Regis Saadiyat above the average level.

Diekirch, Luxembourg
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at St. Regis from Dec 25th till Dec 31st 2013
My wife, my youngest son and I.
Do not hesitate... do as I did, go to this hotel for your next stay in Abu Dhabi.
If you look for a 5 star hotel, white sand beach, sun, cristal clear sea, nice pools, excellent food, nice room, quiet and clean environment, professional attentive and helpfull staff, and so on, then the St. Regis Saadiyat is for you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pascal B
Dear Pascal,

Thank you for your kind feedback and for rating us so highly. Your recommendation as well as your kind words of praise are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you again for another opportunity to deliver a memorable experience.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Upon arrival at the St. Regis we were very positively surprised by the personal atmosphere of such a big hotel. The front desk manager took quite a lot of time for a chat about the hotel and his and our travel experiences. We found this excellent service mentality throughout the hotel during our stay for five days.
All the restaurants serve great food, the pool site and the beach are in excellent conditions and even though the hotel was fully booked during New Year´s high season it never felt overcrowded.
The gym is fantastic with a big indoor swimming pool where you can do serious swimming exercise.
All in all a great place - we hope that we can come again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, level 8 has a fantastic view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family