The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,706 results
All reviewsbutler servicesaadiyat islandolea restaurantmanhattan loungeadult poolocean suitekids clubsea viewasian restaurantfamily poolbeautiful resorthalf boardmain poollife guardshuge bathroommain restaurantrain shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful place to relax you are perfectly right with this hotel and get the best value for money you can get.
The rooms are beautiful and spacious, the bathrooms are the nicest I have ever seen and the pool area is so beautiful and relaxing as I hoped it to be.
The hotel is a 20-25 mins drive away from downtown Abu Dhabi and possibilities to have dinner or drinks outside of the hotel (if you wish to), go shopping, see some sights etc.
If you plan a city trip with nightlife and much going on I wouldnot recommend this hotel.
There is no problem to go back and forth Abu Dhabi, desert trips, trips to Dubai (just a €80 taxi drive away), F1 circuit etc. but the location of the hotel is calm and relaxing and therefor a bit away from the hastle.
There is a small piazza on the hotel grounds where you find a small supermarket, some shops and some more restaurants and another cafe if you like to have some alternatives for dinner.
A big plus is the private beach as you are not allowed to sunbath in bikinis on the public beaches in the UAE.
I totally understand the critical reviews regarding the service but it did not bother me in any ways as I was on holidays and had the time to wait a bit more for my water to arrive, for example (and we are just talking about 10 more minutes max, not about ages).
The only thing which was a bit dubious was that you get different answers if you ask different people the same question. My boyfriend wanted to drive on the F1 circuit and interestingly we got different times and prices everytime we asked. Even this happening made us smile not unsatisfied :-)

Room Tip: Even the lowest category is really spacious and beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Stephfrommunich,

Thank you for positive feedback and for your kind words of appreciation. It is indeed a pleasure to read that you were able to relax and unwind in our resort.

We eagerly look forward to your return for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

great hotel, wonderful breakfasts, helpful staff, good location. we didn't have a sea view room but was no problem, wonderful room, large spacious, bathroom to die for, spacious balcony, beautiful furnishings and toiletries

Room Tip: either sea view or garden view fine
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rufusdoug,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back for another opportunity to deliver momorable and bespoke experience.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed for 2 nights is this beautiful resort, I was traveling alone and a little bit concerned about being alone in such a big resort. Actually I have never felt alone. All the staff members are more than friendly, they deliver personalized service and really genuine care about the guests. From front office to housekeeping, pool and beach to restaurants and not to skip the excellent butler service. Which is nowadays so rare to find. Partially I was visiting for business partially for leisure, this resort hotel offers everything. What ever purpose of your visit, you will find it here. The rooms are a breathtaking and than I am not even speaking about the location, view and beach. I will definitely be back in future for business and I will also take my family because I want them to experience this with me!! The property is is located at the peaceful island, but nevertheless the city centre, city attractions are never more than 15 mins away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamesmichael911

Dear Jamesmichael911,

Thank you for your kind review and for your kind words of appreciation. It makes us proud to read that the team took care of you whilst staying at the best address and you enjoyed our Mediterranean-inspired resort and its facilities to the fullest.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another indelible moment.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I travel a lot, and seldom does a hotel take my breath away - but this one does, from the moment I arrived at the grand entrance to my last night's dinner at the fabulous Sontaya restaurant. The hotel is new but built in a grand old style. It's almost as if someone started the design process with "well, we're going to be hosting lots of sheiks and royalty and such, and everything needs to feel like that." the public spaces are grand and soaring, with acres of gleamingly polished, inlaid marble floors, and absolutely perfect fit and finish to everything. A discreet army of impeccably uniformed employees are stationed throughout the hotel, just waiting for an opportunity to help or simply smile and make you feel welcome. The sleeping rooms are among the largest and most well appointed I've ever stayed in, and the luxurious bathroom itself is bigger than some rooms I've stayed in! The bath is something, with a giant soaking tub that is easily comfy for two next to a full length window gazing out upon the gardens, shore and sea; bidet and two sinks of course; and my favorite spot in the entire hotel, a giant walk-in rainfall shower that could easily accommodate 6 people, but is cavernous for one and, I imagine, just perfect for two. Hard to beat a room service breakfast on your terrace overlooking the sea, the sound of songbirds filling the air. And, while I was here, it was nesting season for the Hawksbill turtle and all the lights in the gardens and grounds were turned down very low so as not to confuse the turtle, making a night time stroll to the Sontaya or Turquoiz restaurants an almost mystical Arabian Nights kind of experience.

The restaurants are all first class, and especially the Thai-themed Sontaya with its floating islands of dining rooms and exotic menu is a place to remember. The hotel bar, Manhattan, exudes a stuffy old gentleman's club kind of feel, but it is hard to find fault with a place that serves up 40 year old port alongside a dozen varieties of Cuban cigars; too, it is the kind of "whatever it takes to satisfy our customers" place that will magically find you a plate of amazing Blue Cheese and crackers at 1 a.m. just because someone in your party thought that would be nice.

Absolutely stunning and cannot recommend it highly enough. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: You definitely want to request the ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Holokauahi

Dear Holokauahi,

Thank you for your wonderful review and it is a moment of pride to read about your experience at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort. Your feedback about our well-appointed rooms and about our venues are truly appreciated and will be shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another bespoke and flawless experience very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the St Regis during a conference, which was hosted there and was impressed by the quality of the rooms and hotel in general.
I had a standard room, but the bathroom / wet room was very spacious with dual sinks and bath with a window view (and a remotely controlled blind for privacy). Bed was huge and very comfortable. The room was well equipped with useful items such as an ironing board and iron as well as extras such as an emergency toothbrush etc. Wireless internet in the room worked well too.
I eat at the buffet breakfast each day and was impressed by the selection of hot and cold foods available to suit all tastes. The hotel staff were very helpful and gave a great level of service.
As I was on business, I did not have an opportunity to enjoy the various pools and beach facilities, but I had an excellent sea view from my private balcony.

Room Tip: Not all rooms will enjoy a sea view. If this is important, you would probably need to ask in advance to arrange this.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil H

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your positive review and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed our facilities and our well-appointed rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you again, maybe for another occasion and for another opportunity to deliver memorable and flawless stay.