We were very happy with our room, it was large and the bathroom was one of the best hotel bathrooms that we have seen, with a wonderful and large tub right by the window. Room tip is to ask for a room as high up as possible in order to get the view. We chose the hotel based on a previous visit to the Santoya (Thai restaurant) which we really liked. It is a shame that it was not open for lunch though. The hotel is located a bit outside Abu Dhabi but it is still possible to take a taxi into the side. However, the surroundings are a bit weird as the beach and the hotel is facing something that looks like an oil refinery. But the resort in itself is nice, large and well decorated.
- The adult pool: very nice and quiet area
- Gym: one of the best we have seen in a hotel. It had very helpful personal trainers, water and fruit and a 25 m indoor pool.
- The lounge: as we had the whole day to spend at the hotel after check out, we were very pleased to find that there was a lounge we could use that had both showers, internet and coffee.
- The food is not good. Santoya is an exception but the rest is just not eatable. Rather go to town for dinner.
- The service was not up to St. Regis standards
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Saadiyat Island is your new address in Abu Dhabi overlooking either Saadiyat's pristine beach or the impressive Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, designed by the golfing legend, Gary Player. The resort provides unparalleled accommodations and service along with food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Destinology, Traveltool, S.L.U. and TripOnline SA so you can book your The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.