“Beautiful hotel; stunning location; amazing suites”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is only 10 minutes from the centre of Abu Dhabi yet it sits on a pristine white sand beach lapped by the warm waters of the Arabia Gulf. It is part of a first class development of golf course, villas etc.

We had an amazing time. The view from our suite on the 8th floor was superb. The suite itself was lovely. The adults pool was elegant and discrete. The beach was lovely to walk on. Service was top class throughout the hotel and in the restaurants and I can certainly recommend "55 & 5th - The Grill" for anyone who likes a steak.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David R
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear ricey58,

Thank your for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor and it is a delight to read that you had an amazing time in our Suite. Your experience about adult pools as well as your recommendation on 55 & 5th are greatly appreciated.

We eagerly look forward to your return in the near future.

J. Stewart Selbie

Write a ReviewReviews (2,627)

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Getting there:

Abu Dhabi airport is approx 25 mins away by taxi - cost between 75-85 dhs.

Approx 20 mins from downtown Abu Dhabi but seems a world away
Lovely long stretch of private beach, clear turquoise waters.
The hotel was full during our stay however the beach never felt crowded.

The resort itself is quite large and the architecture is stunning.
Really good choice for kids, not too far from airport and they have a fantastic kids club.
There is a small supermarket a minute or two walk from the hotel and also around 4 or 5
restaurants in the same area, -a good choice if you have not gone half board.

Rooms are superb with nice comfortable beds and a huge luxurious bathroom, toothbrush, toothspaste, mouthwash provided.

Free bottles of water every day, Power Sockets same as the U.K

Would have expected beds to be made up by midday, most days i would come
back to the room say at 2pm and also after selecting the sign to make the room and
it was not done, had to catch staff in the corriders and ask them to make my room.
probably down to the sheer number of rooms they need to do - its a big hotel.

Service is mostly excellent, especially the Front Desk staff,need more staff during breakfast time as they seemed to be rushed of their feet...

Butler Service is a good idea
but we did have to wait 30 minutes for a Tea or Coffee at times and the poor butler
seemed rushed of his feet, I gather he is serving a number of rooms. Either increase the number of Butlers or
install a Tea/ Coffee machine and a kettle and some
complementary tea bags.

Overall its a fantastic 5 star resort and the location is very peaceful !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sun247

Dear Sun247,

Thank you for your positive feedback with us and for your kind words of appreciation. Your constructive comments on area of improvement are well noted and will be shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another bespoke service.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is at least my 5th time to what has the potential to be a world class hotel. Previously, I have had stay wrecking experiences including a family being escorted into my room whilst I was in the shower, stolen bag from staff which was eventually returned 4 days later, etc, etc. On my last visit the manager told me to let him know when I was coming next. I thought I would not take him up on this opportunity as a 5 star hotel should not need additional VIP service. On my check in I was told they only had a room with two beds instead of the king size bed which was very disappointing as I live in Abu Dhabi and have a king size bed already so why would me and my wife pay to be separated? Additionally, I have never had a letter in my room addressed to me, this time it was no different. St Regis, this personal touch is insulting if you can't address it to the right guest! The moral of the story is that I have tried too many times to give this place a chance. No more when I can easily go to a selection of other 'performing' 5 star hotels in the UAE! Mr Simpson

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonpaul1982

Dear Jonpaul1982,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very disappointed to read your posting above as we have quit obviously let you down in many ways as our guest and for that I would like to truly apologize. Allow me to assist you further and please do not hesitate to contact me at stregis.saadiyat@stregis.com.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I would like to state the impeccable service that we received during our honeymoon at the St. Regis in Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat Island on the 6th of March. Our arrival to our check-in went as one would expect from a 5 star hotel, during our conversation with the receptionist word came out that we were on our honeymoon, the receptionist informed the Guest experience manager who came out to greet and meet us and showed us the amenities of the hotel, during this time he made some phone calls, for our room to be prepared. Upon walking us to our room, we were meet with a pleasant surprise as upon entering our room we noticed the smell of the fresh flowers, and we noticed the fresh fruit placed on the table in the lounge area. Thinking this was what was arraigned by the Guest manager and how nice it was of him. However, the best was left for last, as by far the biggest surprise was waiting for us in the bedroom, we had a huge heart arranged with rose pedals placed around on top of the bed as well as chocolate placed on top! It was simply an artistic masterpiece placed on our bed. It was wonderful and we truly felt ecstatic to the treatment we had received.

So a BIG THANK YOU to the Guest experience manager who made it possible, and to Mr. Vladimir who had arraigned this masterpiece on our bed and who left us a kind note. The welcome we had received is something we will both remember, as it was really something spectacular and I must say that the staff went out of their way to make our honeymoon so memorable, even in the restaurant OLEA, we had first class treatment by our hostess Elizabeth her service was simply outstanding and she went out of her way to meet all our requests.

Having stayed in other 5 star hotels throughout the world I can say confidently that our experience exceed the treatment one would expect from a five star hotel. I look forward to coming again to the St. Regis, and will highly recommend it to friends and colleagues as well. The staff really make all the difference from an ordinary 5 star to something exceeding a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I want to say that it Was the best hotel from How many hotels i Was until now.Food Was absolutely adorable. Rooms were very luxourious , despite that i can SEE the sea from my bathroom. I had a great time here!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Just back from a wonderful week's stay!
Lovely lovely location, amazing facilities, wonderful courteous staff and overall can't fault this hotel.
Beautiful long clean beach - get there before it gets overbuilt with other hotels!
Food was excellent with wide selection - particularly liked the Asian.
We had a wonderful room with a very luxurious bathroom. Only drawback was the loud air conditioning and average toiletries.
Kids club needs some improving - most kids not interested after a couple of days

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank david c
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is perfectly positioned and very beautiful. The beach is one of the best I have been too. The sea was perfect turquoise and white sand that stretched for miles. We even saw dolphins and looked out for the nesting turtles. Great for the kids.
The rooms are fantastic and nicely designed, especially the bathrooms. we were a family of 4 and the children had a connecting room with us. Which was great. The butler service was an added bonus. Our butler, Mark (on the 8th floor) was amazing, extremely attentive and friendly, the children loved him.
All the restaurants had lovely food and excellent service. We were half board and the only complaint would be that half board was only included in the buffet restaurant. We did not want to eat for 9 nights there. This needs to be explained when booking half board. Such a shame when the other 3 restaurants are beautiful. And also the poolside food was not included in half board. This is a must during the day especially with children. Service by the pool was generally good but during busy periods it could be very slow. Not great when you really need a drink.
The sandcastle kids club is excellent. And the spa is divine. Excellent treatments and beautifully designed.
Overall the staff were very polite and helpful, we would defiantly go back. But not half board.

Room Tip: 8th floor, quiet and the best butler! (Mark)