“Lovely hotel only minor issue”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Lovely hotel only minor issue”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, amazing beach and room only bad points were that the beach & room service menu was pretty basic, the pillows in the rooms were a little large making them uncomfortable and we found a finger nail on our in-room table as we sat down to enjoy our room service...

Other than that the hotel is fantastic, the on-site restaurant Turquoise was lovely and served really good seafood.

If you have children the kids club is the best I've seen in a hotel, my little sister loved it and even I would have had fun there!

Overall I would recommend and would stay again, shame about the nail though!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ashley-louise M
Stregis_Management, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Ashley-louise,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will discuss the points mentioned with my team members to ensure your next stay with us will be flawless in every aspect.

J. Stewart Selbie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi
Reviewed 3 June 2014

St.Regis hotel in itself is a magnificent structure or group of structures, with a picturesque view, an inviting pool and easy access to the beach.The service and maintenance is fantastic; with a butler service also being offered. There are a couple of restaurants to choose from and a relaxing pool bar where one can have shisha and cocktails. The dinner menu in the main restaurant has a good selection as well. However, the breakfast menu could do with more variety (especially of the fruits)
Overall though, one gets treated like royalty.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are highly recommended
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Grace,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and we eagerly look forward to another opportunity to deliver indelible experience.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my first ever stop-over in AbuDhabi on my way back from Australia. I had spent quite some time deciding where to stay (place and Hotel) and am extremely happy to have Chosen this particular Hotel and place within AbuDhabi.
The beach is totally unspoilt and there are no built up Areas blocking your views over the ocean, the pool area of the Hotel is really inviting, very well looked after and has daybeds, sunbeds and great places to relax.
The Hotel itself is big, so do not expect a Boutique type Hotel. The rooms are spacious, I had a beautiful view overlooking pool and out to the beach/sea which was delightful. The bathroom is outstanding as are the Beauty products. All facilities were up to scratch and impecable.
I treated myself to a spa Treatment and that was superb, excellent Quality massage and great Little Sauna/steam room and Relaxation area. would definitely recommend that and do it again myself.
The breakfast was excellent, both Food and Service. The evening meals - which were included in my stay - were good, just nothing Special to write home about, typical Hotel type buffet Catering for all tastes/cultures.
The only Point of criticism would be the attentiveness of reception staff - I had two questions/issues (one with the ATM in the Hotel and one trying to Exchange a dinner for lunch) and in both cases did not feel that staff were following through on the requests and did not really care.
As for Saadiyat vs Downtown - I would Chose this Location again anytime if you want to relax, Switch off. The Hotel offers an foc bus shuttle to the mosque and downtown or alternatively, Taxis do not cost a lot and the beach here is much nicer than downtown (my view). Also, it was really hot during my stay, so a bit of air and space was nice. When all Museums are open, this will be an even more exciting place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Eva S
Dear Eva,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to read you enjoyed your overall stay with us and could unwind at our resort. Your honest feedback about Front Desk is appreciated and please be assured that constant training is one of our main priorities in our effort to deliver exceptional service for our guests.

We look forward to your return.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family (7 of us) and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the St Regis, on arrival check in was fast, friendly and efficient. We were shown to our rooms which were all superb, spotlessly clean, very spacious cool and airy, perfect!. Our luggage arrived within five to ten minutes.
We were treated like royalty from the minute we arrived, maybe some previous reviewers unfortunately didn't have the experience we did but I cannot fault the staff in any way whatsoever!.
Food and drinks were at times a bit pricey but not extortionate, the food was delicious!, however if you happen to be having a drink in one of the bars the snacks they put on your table ie: nuts etc are NOT complimentary which I find wrong seeing as they are put on the table without you even requesting them!.
Pools, beach and surrounding areas were kept beautiful & spotlessly clean,pools very well lifeguarded. The lifeguards are strict but very friendly and love to have a chat, pool staff are so lovely and work so hard in that searing heat!, must mention dear young Mohammed my mother in law adored him!. We always found it very easy to get sunbeds mid to late morning, the pools do tend to get much busier after lunch, but never feels over crowded.
Beach area is gorgeous!, pristine white sand with clear blue water, due to the extreme heat the sea water is like getting into a very warm bath!, it will not cool you off in any way so the beach always tended to be very quiet with plenty of sunbeds available all day.

This is a very peaceful, serene resort so nothing in the way of evening entertainment,which would have been nice occasionally? but we knew beforehand so no big deal.

Hopefully returning to Abu Dhabi next year, I'm not sure if we will return as we like to try different hotels but I hope we find one as good as this!.

Room Tip: highly recommend a room with a sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear julie1974_11,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are delighted to read that your stay at our resort was wonderful and your arrival experience was up to your satisfaction. Also glad to know that you were treated like royalty and the young Mohammed ensured that you have been looked after.

We look forward to your return very soon.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hi All,

After 8 days in your hotel , I decided to write about issues, which can ruin any efforts of the resort team to please the guests.

Restaurants, gym, saunas, beach side, house keeping, butlers are really GREAT!!!
Rooms are nice, large and with good views ( we stayed at superior sea view)

But reception and concierge's services are absolutely not up to the level.
When we arrived late in the evening, though we were very tired, but we were offered neither refreshing napkins, nor welcome drinks after arrival! (I am traveling with the mom and a child and of course we needed it badly)

The room was not ready at all ( by unknown reason the extra bad was installed onlY AFTER our arrival, in our presence) though the room was booked for three persons and extra bad was mentioned in the reservation)

Reception girl , who processed our check in, was not friendly & polite at all!!! She was rather rude, she didn't tell us anything about the hotel, about services offered, JUST nothing! Though it was my first visit to this resort! (Her main concern was to charge my credit card)

Concierge service is absolutely not up to the level... I referred to the concierges twice, I asked how to arrange my trips to Marina Mall and Grand Mosque... BUT!!! Nobody of the concierges mentioned to me that the hotel offers free of charge shuttle buses to both destinations. As a result I spent 140 AED on two trips to the Marina Mall and back traveling by taxi!!! Luckily one of the guest told me about shuttle bus to The Grand Mosque.

Thanks,Elena

Room Tip: Sea view superior room is a brilliant choice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Andelan
Dear Andelan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your kind words of appreciation about our Butlers team. We would however like to apologize for the dissatisfaction and inconvenience you have expressed and I do understand that one of leadership team met you and reimbursed for the taxi fee. Please do not hesitate to contact stregis.saadiyat@stregis.com if we can be of any further assistance.

Orange County, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights. It could not have been more perfect. The hotel grounds and rooms are beautiful, the staff is personable and delightful and go out of their way to meet every request, and the location is wonderful. The gym, sauna, restaurants, beach and pool facilities are all top notch. I can't think of a better, more peaceful place to stay in Abu Dhabi. Just 10-15 minutes from downtown by taxi, the white sand beach, warm, turquoise waters, and all that this hotel and it's first class staff provide make for a wonderful, restful, relaxing vacation. I will never think of the Persian Gulf the same. Thanks to all at the St. Regis who made our stay so great.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jr1962
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I just completed my sixth business trip to the UAE over the past two years and stayed at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort on every trip. There are many choices of lodging available in Abu Dhabi for both business and vacation but the Butler service offered at St. Regis sets it apart. During my last trip I had three Butlers, but one in particular stood out as being the best, Mr. Johnny Roy provides personalized and professional service that would exceed the expectations of the most demanding of guests. If you get an opportunity to stay at the St. Regis located on Saadiyat Island, ask for Johnny as your Butler. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The St. Regis Suite is a good choice. The east side offers more shade from the heat and sun.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business