“Really excellent modern indian kitchen.”

Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana
Ranked #33 of 2,071 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Rangoli is a lifestyle restaurant serving North and South Indian cuisine in a contemporary setting, complemented with a modern presentation and an extensive wine and beverage list. Mingled with the tinkling and jingling of chic tableware, the freshly cooked dishes from the Tandoor and the aroma from the Show Kitchen will transform you to a faraway location. Rangoli's perfect combination of luxury and simplicity will leave you a feeling of warmth, underlined by the use of earthy colours typical and characteristic of this exotic destination.
“Really excellent modern indian kitchen.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The place is very intimate and the service is excellent. They offer once a week all you can eat a la carte buffet day. I was here for a normal dinner a la carte. The starters were excellent pleasantly original. I am not quite sure what all of the flavors were, but I liked all of them. For main course I had a chicken korma where the chicken was roasted on a spit before put in the sauce. The meat was really tender and the sauce excellent. I did not have anything spicy, but the flavours were perfect. The price is a bit steeper than in the other surrounding places but not much. This is a must experience if you are visiting the area.

• Visited April 2014
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Markus S,

Namaste!

It is always a pleasure to serve you and thank you for the lovely review that you have posted. We are very much delighted with the fact that you were back to dine with us and very happy that we are lived up to your expectation as well.

We are very much looking forward to see you for another dining experience that you will certainly enjoy.

Shukriyaa!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rangoli Indian restaurant, Yas Island Rotana Hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I am a long term guest at the Yas Island Rotana hotel and I've been to this restaurant at least a dozen times. It is excellent in all respects- helpful, polite, and attentive Hostess (Sanjeeta), wonderful wait-service (everyone is cheerful and quick), and remarkable food. There are still a few things I haven't tried because some have become such favorites, it's hard to not order them. The salads are delicate and a nice contrast to the spicier, main courses; the soups are excellent, especially the roasted tomato and the seafood broth. For the main courses I love the Fish Masala curry, made with Black Cod (Butterfish), the Tandoori Mustard Salmon, and of course the butter Chicken. The sauces are wonderful, if a little on the spicy side, but that's how I prefer it. A beautiful combination of flavor, spices, textures and colors. I've travelled in India, and while you'll find variations of dishes at Rangoli you might not find on the streets of Delhi, you certainly won't be disappointed (or end up with a case of "Delhi Belly" for 36 hours, either!)
I give Rangoli 5 out of 5 stars!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kurt T
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Kurt T,

Namaste!!

We are thrilled with this lovely review and we are honored to have become a favourite of yours.

Indeed, Rangoli has earned a reputation for excellence, for its iconic cuisine which showcases the best of Indian culinary traditions, distinguishable by their authentic flavors and quality ingredients.

It is an absolute pleasure to know that you had a memorable dining experience at Rangoli. Your review on the Food & service quality and the ambience is encouraging. Sanjitha is also glad to know that you felt well looked after.

The biggest compliment for us was the fact that you chose to come back and try your favorite Fish delicacies and Butter chicken and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back for another dining experience.

Dhannyavaad!!

Bengaluru, India
“Horrible service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Horrible service. High price. Below avg food. Great location. Went for indian food while staying in crown plaza yas island to break monotony of continental food..

1 Thank jchoudhri
Dear jchoudhri,

Namaste!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent visit and we have taken careful note of your feedback.

It is unfortunate that we have fallen short of your expectations and as your recent experience is of great concern to us. I would like to invite you to email me at maneeshdev.gv@rotana.com or by calling +971567898353 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls and to allow us to improve upon those areas of concern.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

Hamari Shubh-kaamnayen!!

maneeshdev.gv@rotana.com
“Excellent service & delicious food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I have been twice to the restaurant for dinner with my partner. The food was so delicious, especially Baryani Rice with mutton. I recommend to try. The service was excellent. We liked the atmosphere. It is better to book for a table in advance. We missed last time at it is closed on Monday.

Dear Majidsu,

Namaskar!!

Thank you for chosing Rangoli to dine and sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that a valued guest, like yourself, appreciates our concept and that we have exceeded all your expections.

I would proudly say that we are serving the best quality Biryani in town, and I would reccomend you try our Tiger Prawn Parda Biryani that you will certainly enjoy the way it is being served. I will surely convey your compliments to our team members who will be delighted to know that they made your dining experience a memorable one.

Shukriyaa!

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Fabulous Indian Food”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Lovely surroundings, excellent service and wonderful food. A bit pricey but great for a special occasion.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TheDesertDivaME
YasIslandRotana, Manager at Rangoli at Yas Island Rotana, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear bluelionesse,

Namaste!

We are pleased to hear that you have had delightful experience with us in Rangoli. We are very much looking forward to welcome you back for another dining experience that you will certainly enjoy.

Dhannyavaad!!