“Loved it! Much better than expected!”

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I travelled for business to Abu Dhabi and decided to extend my stay with 3 days of beach holidays. For my stay in the city I choose the Sofitel, which has excellent reviews. I decided to go for the Park Hyatt, because I enjoyed my stay in the Andaz in New York so much, as well as a restaurant visit in the Park Hyatt in Shanghai. However, reviews for the Park Hyatt aren't as good as for the Sofitel, but that seemed to be not right in my humble opinion.
The Sofitel was very good, but the Park Hyatt was top notch! For me, they should have a better ranking. I agree, that the front of the building is maybe not that attractive, but once you go in, you enter a world of understated class and elegance! If you like opulence, don't go here. If you like minimalism, modern, but still classy design, this is your hotel! Rooms are very spacious, with a big balcony. Furniture is high quality. Bathrooms are very cool designed. I was a bit afraid that the shower would become a big mess, but it worked out fine! Very nice smelling amenities by Le Labo. The smell is already there once you enter the room.
I enjoyed breakfast and dinner in Le Cafe. I advice to go there when it is not too crowded. Go there before 9 am for breakfast and dinner after 8.30 pm. The food there was buffet style, but 'different'. I liked the dishes as they were more creative than in the average hotel. One of the female waiters was excellent! I guess she was from the Philippines or a country in that area, but worked very efficient and was genuine friendly.
The exterior at the back of the hotel is very nice, as well as the pool area. The beach is very beautiful and cleaned every day. The beach outside the hotel has some small boulders. You can walk a while, but you have to watch out a bit. The sea has a nice blue colour.
Almost all guests were from Western Europe (mainly UK and Germany, but also The Netherlands, Belgium, France and some Scandinavians), only some from the Middle East and Asia. I liked the atmosphere, as the guests were friendly and calm people. 5-star hotels sometimes attract noisy, nouveau-rich people who like to show off, but luckily it was not the case at all in the Park Hyatt during my stay.
If you're looking for a calm, but very nicely designed and classy modern resort, just go for it! Don't be afraid of the rating. I previously stayed in more well known hotels in the area, like the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the Address Downtown Dubai and I can assure you Park Hyatt is definitely as good, if not, better.

Room Tip: I think there might start construction of a new hotel next to the Park Hyatt soon. Therefore, ask fo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank babolat-blast
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Firstly, wifi not free in rooms, £11 a day or free in library bur signal is hopeless! Food is ok but vertually the same every day, Grill is very average and expensive. Drinks also too pricey, about £9 for cheapest, average, glass.
Pool and beach are very good but beware, many people put towels down early and arrive at lunch time or not at all!
Rooms were very nice but during our stay the following needed repairs- new battery for safe and scales, nespresso machine stopped working, tv froze, hanger broke and never replaced.
Front office staff very good but girls who showed you to your table at dinner had no idea! They do nothing and if you want something do not ask them, they never delivered once!
Nice relaxing time but needs to improve if wanting to be 5 star resort.
Good, small gym and excellent spa with saunas and steam rooms and jacussi.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Excellent hotel for a few days of luxury on the beach. Hotel was nearly full but never felt crowded, sunbeds around the pool or on the beach were always available.
We tried all of the bars and restaurants, Beach House and the cafe were great. Unimpressed by the Grill restaurant though, service was very poor.
Rooms are excellent, ask for a view towards the beach if possible as there is construction work to the rear and side.
Prices for food and drinks are high but the centre of Abu Dhabi is easily accessible by taxi. Also surprised that a hotel of this standard charges for WiFi.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MCBENGLAND
Reviewed 17 February 2013

-Went for lunch at the restaurant near the beach, staff said all the tables outdoor are reserved (there were 4 empty tables),only indoor tables are available. After negotiate, staff allowed us to sit outdoor till the guest who reserved the table arrived. We stayed there for 2 hours and no one came for the table
-Went for breakfast, had my newspaper and a bowl of cereal. Left the table to get some more food,the table was cleared and clean. I felt like they wanted me to eat quickly and go.
-Went for sunbathing by the pool at 10 am.After 45 minutes, the pool staff named Sookoor approached me and asked me to move to another day bed because there was a couple who booked this day bed at 7 am and told the pool staff to reserve it at 11 am. There was no reserve tag, no pool staff informed me that the day bed is reserved when i arrived there at the first place.
However I liked the room,the food selection and friendly front office staff, valet driver and bell boy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank IndoDubai
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Very nice interior design- attention to details,
Spacey rooms, nice views, very good food.
The service overall is excellent , but sometimes ( during breakfast time there were not enough waiters) not well organized.Staff is friendly- f.e. our party of 10 have been served a dinner in a restaurant, notwithstanding our very late arrival- thanks again!
The beach is nice and well looked after,
Spacious and tranquil SPA.

May recommend this hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 14 February 2013

From the beautiful setting on a natural white sandy beach to the spacious luxurious rooms, this hotel has it all. I had visited Dubai and stayed in extremely impressive hotels many times before but this one was outstanding. We stayed for five nights and during our stay it was my husbands birthday, with no mention of this to any member of staff a fabulous chocolate birthday cake arrived in our room, such a lovely personal touch, in such a busy hotel you wouldn't think they would have time to do this.
The food at all of the restaurants was excellent, the beach house being our favourite with such a lovely setting. The wines were very expensive but cocktails and spirits reasonably priced. The breakfast buffet had everything you would want and more, my husband preferred the nespresso coffee from the room but the choice of teas were plentiful.
The hotel looks on approach a tad concrete but once you set foot inside the door you forget the dull exterior as you gaze around the hotel lobby which is vast and interesting.
The grounds and gardens are beautifully kept and its very easy to find a private space with adult only pools and smaller dipping pools set in a quieter area of the gardens. The beach is fabulous with super comfy sun loungers and attentive beach staff also you don't have to walk miles from the main hotel building to get there.
All in all I found the hotel faultless and would highly recommend it.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

The park hyatt was an amazing hotel, we stayed here the first week in February and were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and very welcoming. The hotel is very modern and clean.

The pool area is lovely and plenty of staff on hand to provide fresh towels and cold water. The beach is beautiful, white sand and turquoise water, towels and water are also provided.

The spa facilities are luxurious, I would definitely recommend a visit to the spa/fitness centre. You can play tennis, don't worry if you don't have any kit, racquets, balls and even shoes and socks are available to borrow. I had to borrow some shoes and was loaned a brand new pair of reebok trainers.

We had half board meals and the buffet offered lots of different options, however by the end of the week we were a bit bored of the food.

Our only issues were speed of service and price of drinks. The buffet restaurant always appeared short staffed at breakfast and dinner. The staff were very pleasant however often avoided eye contact so that they didn't have to take a drinks orders. It was quite frustrating to be sat without a drink, or cutlery, or butter! Our other issue was that drinks were very expensive. Service charges and tourist tax are not included in prices so they are even more expensive than they appear. There is very little else in the area so you are forced to pay the expensive drinks prices.

Other than the 2 issues above we really loved the hotel and had an amazing stay.

• Stayed: February 2013