“Abu Dhabi park Hyatt”

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Excellent hotel , great service and the staff couldn't do enough for you. Bit out of the way but the cabs are very reasonable. Restaurants are very good too. Only thing I did not like was towels being put on the sun loungers to reserve early and then going to the beach for the morning. Management should address this

Room Tip: Any all views seemed good we had see view which was excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.
Your feedback will help to guide our continued search for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotels and Villas

Stuart Deeson, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,391)

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is situated on Saadiyat Island. It has a pleasant pool area/garden which leads to the beach. The sea is beautiful and you can have lovely walks along the beautiful white sandy beach. The rooms are large and very nicely furnished. I think all rooms have balconies which have a large lounger/sofa. There are good coffee facilities (nespresso) in the room.
The breakfast was very good with a nice outside seating area. I also tried the Grill which was excellent.
I rreally liked this hotel and the reception staff were very welcoming and friendly. The housekeeping staff were also good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Your wonderful review is much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time and all aspects of the hotel.

Stuart Deeson, General Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Where to start.... We arrived at the hotel in the early hours around 8:30 am (2 adults and a 4 yr old) I must say the first impression was not great for a 5 star hotel. We are used to a welcome drink, cold towels etc and there was none on that, which really is only minor in the grand scheme of things but worth noting and something the hotel should thinkk about doing. Our room was not ready until 2:00 so we used the spa facilities to get ready.

We decided to go for breakfast on the first day and all I can say is the customer service is fantastic! In particular I would like to mention the staff at The Cafe Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner. Patrick, one of the managers at the restaurant is excellent and genuinely wanting to make your stay the best. Nothing is too much trouble. The food I found nothing short of fantastic. I was told everything is made in the hotel fresh on the day to be eaten on that day. There maybe was not as much food as previous hotels I have stayed at, but it was no trouble for them to get you what you want if it was not out. For example, the made my daughter spag bol daily - which I might add was so good I finished off her plate as well as my own! The food is just fantastic, I have come home a few pounds heavier!

They are wonderful with children everywhere in this hotel. Our daughter is 4 and she enjoyed spending time in the kids club. On previous holidays we have always been worried about leaving her alone in the kids club for a short length of time, but here its all very secure (I am also told there are cameras everywhere withing the resort) She was always asking to go to the kids club. There are various pools at different depths which is great for families with small children. A bonus here is they give complimentry cold water by the pool and on the beach. In other hotels we have paid a premium for bottled water. I visited the spa once for a sports massage and WOW. absolutely amazing, The treatment rooms are womderful, the bed so comfortable. Lan, the lady who gave me massage was fantastic!

We had a standard room which was lovely, very contemporary. Beds were comfortable, room was very clean, amenities were good. The bath is so big and inviting. My only concern here is that there is room for one small bed to be wheeled in for a child, but if you have 2 children its going to be a tight fit. They also need more drawer space for clothing. I know a lot of families with 2 adults and 2 children had interconnecting rooms.

It was so nice to finally be able to do something at night with a child in tow. Most hotels in the UAE would not allow children in bars, but at the park Hyatt children are welcome on the rooftop terrace bar above the Beach House Restaurant. ALthough we are not big drinkers, and it obviously was not that kind of holiday, it was just nice to relax with a lovely cocktail, music on, and relax. Our daughter made several friends here and we would meet up at the bar and the kids would play together, dance, or enjoy a milkshake.

The beach is so long...9km.... I had a lovely stroll along the beach and feels like you could walk forever here. The water so warm. There are lifegaurds present on the beach and by the pools, however i would like to see a few more dotted about.

My husband used the gym facilities and found them very helpful.

All in all we had a fanstaic holiday and are planning to come back next year! It was the most relaxing week we've had in years. The highlights for us were:
- great customer service
- fanstastic food
- great kids club with friendly staff
- pool side water for no extra charge
- gauranteed good weather in October
- beautiful beach
- 5* spa treatment
- very comfortable sun loungers

Things they could improve on:
- a better first impression with welcome drinks and towels
- ants around the sun loungers...get some Raid!
- continue to add variation to the buffet dinner

Room Tip: if travelling with 2 adults and 2 children think about an interconnecting or larger room
2  Thank Jennifer18

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and compliments. I am delighted that you have mentioned that we do not compromise on luxury and service.
We look forward to taking care of your family again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We spent one night at the Park Hyatt. The hotel is very nice, the rooms are very spacious. The pools are beautiful, one is very shallow and kids can swim, while the other one is deeper ( adults only), and there are mini jacuzzi style pools to fit a few people. The beach is also very nice. They have several dining options, we tried one for lunch and the food was good, and the service as well. They also have a rooftop style lounge for drinks, which is very nice at sunset.
Perhaps the only comment I can make is that we returned late from a concert that night (around 11.30pm), hoping to eat at the hotel, but all the restaurants had stopped serving food so all we had as dining option was room service (we had been hoping that they'd have a casual dining option that served food late). But still, a very nice hotel in a very nice setting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Stuart D, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Maya

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and for your kind words. It is always encouraging to read such compliments, particularly with regards to the food and service. As a resort, we do not have much call for late night dining but it is a good suggestion that we should consider this on concert nights as we are so close to the venue many guests do stay for that reason.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

If you on a diet , then the Park Hyatt is not for you. Its stunning , located on the beach front and perhaps has some of the best chefs in that part of the world.

The food is so good , Every single dish is so well prepared , its a trip to indulgence . I did come back with a few extra kilos in weight but extremely relaxed . Definitely the destination for foodies desiring a luxury holiday .

Room Tip: one facing the beach is great!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Ade

I was delighted to read your review and thank for your very positive review. Our Chefs are all very happy to read that you left well fed and with good memories of the food they prepared.
As a foodie, please keep an eye out for our Masters of Food & Wine programme for 2014. We will be flying in some international chefs to share some of their wonderful creations.

Stuart Deeson

Reviewed 17 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Lovely hotel. The rooms are excellent-spacious and modern with fantastic bath nespresso machine and large balcony. The beach is one of the best in the UAE and the hotel has very comfy bed chairs. Breakfast is also first class.

Evening dining options are limited and expensive. I would recommend going to the Regis down the road to the excellent Sontaya vietnamese restaurant or alternatively you can pop into town by car in ten to fifteen minutes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Stuart D, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Please do come back soon.