“Fabu dhabi”

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent hotel excellent location staff fabulous - beach and sea wonderful -we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to go back again soon- the beach restaurant roof bar is great location for sun set drinks

Room Tip: Beach villas are wonderful - excellent views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Kay,

I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities and service. Thank you for your kind words.

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the rooms
Loved the beach
Loved the breakfast
Some middle eastern fare in one of the restaurants would have been nice ... But generally the food was ok

Service was hit and miss
But generally an 8
Helpful and engaging
Reception were like robots :-(

Constant generator buzzing outside my window ... That was annoying ... But good view

Bed super comfortable
Loved the bathroom products LeLabo :-)

Internet unstable ;-(

No Shop
For basic needs
It is a beach resort and was told no sunblock
On my last day I discovered sunblock for sale in the library
A nice simple boutique would have been a winner (St Regis next door had a boutique and shop)

Spa
Was uninviting and like a morgue :-(
Even simple zen spa music in lobby entry would have been an easy fix
Staff also unfriendly on my visit

Children
Very kid friendly resort
For me . A few too many kids :-(

Overall an 8 out 10 stay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank thomas_destinations

Dear Thomas

Your detailed feedback is much appreciated and I am pleased you enjoyed the beach and the breakfast, as well as the attentive associates.
Please note that we do offer an extensive Middle Eastern menu in the Café which has been well received by our leisure guests as well as our Abu Dhabi residents.
I hope you will have a chance to try it on a return visit.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The big pool is amazing and the small pools on each side are perfect to relax with your loved one. Cocktails are nice. The room was very spacious and well design. I highly recommend it for a nice weekend away from the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mimie,

I am pleased you enjoyed your time here and hope that you will come over from Dubai for another break soon.
Thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Going on Holiday with kids but don't want to compromise on luxury: come here.

Beach, food, accommodations are superbe. The children's entertainment is abundant but not "in your face"

If I have to find one critical note: one more restaurant (something Asian) would be something you could expect from a 5star Emirates ' hotel. But again, that is if I really have to find something with room for improvement.

A fantastic holiday with a special thanks to the staff who's sole motto seems to be: "happy to serve you!"

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Belgian Bon Vivant

Thank you for your review and compliments.
I am delighted that you have mentioned that we do not compromise on luxury and service.

We look forward to taking care of your family again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed in many hotels throughout Abu Dhabi . All of them spotless . This one seems to be a mess and staff doesn't know what's going on at all. It s nerve racking really .

The food is ok ... Nothing special and 30 min before finishing buffet time they re already desperate cleaning everything away . But the worst was my phone ringing from concierge from 5:50 am to 7:50 am by a staff worker who said I had to go immediately downstairs but didn't tell me why . So I called back and they told me " I m sorry Madame whe don't know what's going on"

Seriously ? Don't you know why a paying customer is being outrageously bothered at early hours for no reason what so ever?

After that I am a bit scared and can't sleep anymore and the stupid concierge calls me again . So I go outside and sleep at the varanda outside so I can't hear the phone ringing . It s sad and ridiculous that in a five stars hotel you can't actually SLEEP.

THIS building is 5 stars but the service in General is 1 star. Reception isn't helpful either and everybody else seems to be doing you a FAVOUR. Just plain bad. I m going to look for another place to stay or go home earlier .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Anna R

Dear Anna

I am sorry that we disturbed you with that unnecessary call and hope that the rest of your stay was more relaxing.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have been to the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi in a few ocassions and every time is better than the previous.

It is located on the most beutiful beach of the Emirates, a 9 km white sand beach which is empty and hence very relaxing.

The hotel has a lovely restaurant overlooking the dunes with excellent Mediterranean cuisine and the Spa is also gorgeus.

Overall the experience for me is great to relax and unwind and it is a 10 mins ride to the Corniche if I want some urban experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacou78
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Jacou

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted that you find the paradise island of Saadiyat and the Park Hyatt a great place to relax.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel does not get the level of appreciation on Trip Advisor that it should! I researched this hotel quite extensively for a short stay in abu dhabi and was on the fence about this location after checking out some of the higher ranked hotels in the area. To be quite honest I was absolutely blown away with my stay here so much that I had to come back from taking a trip advisor ratings break just to put a rating in for this place. This hotel is significantly under appreciated. The hotel is set on Saadiyat island and is a located about 10 mins away from downtown Abu Dhabi. The faciliy is brand new and luxurious throughout. Property is first rate with a mix of beach, pool and lounging areas. Breach is really nice with some of the best soft sand I have come across in the UAE. Rooms are VERY well appointed and have been prepped in every way you could want. They are very spacious and have an excellent layout. Facility can cater to families and couples very well (which is hard to do). Breakfast and restaurants (we ate at the beach house) were excellent and would definetly recommend.
This hotel needs to be ranked much higher than it is, if you are planning a stay in Abu for a stint this should be at the very top of your list if you want a beautiful, relaxing setting.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the beach and you will be able to enjoy the beauty of this property. Reserve a sea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paco1paco

Dear Paco

Thank you for such a delightful review and I am pleased you had such a good time here. I also do not understand how the rankings work as we seem to have a higher score than some of the hotels ahead of us. On your prompt, I will be checking why that would be. Please do come back soon.