“Amazing weekend”

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked this hotel to relax and get away from "busy-dubai" for the weekend. The staff was extremely helpful and made us feel home. the decor was amazing. The room was nice and pretty big with a very nice spacious balcony. The room service was simply amazing. I used the spa and it was an amazing experience. The dinner at the beach house, was simply great. what can I say except.... Thank you Park Hyatt Saadiyat Island, I had a lovely stay in your hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Laurie

Thank you for such a delightful review and I am pleased you had such a good time here.
I do hope we will see you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a wonderful hotel stashed away in the Sadiyat Island close to Abu Dhabi city. The hotel location is magnificent and its facilities are amazing. Food is top quality and the staff are so polite and helpful

Room Tip: Seafront facing rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sami,

Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us. I am delighted your stay was so enjoyable. Your kind words for the quality of our food and services are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall a nice hotel to stay in for a weekend getaway. The rooms were one of the highlights, really spacious and comfortable and with a nice terrace specially since we had a room on the ground level. The other highlight was the food at the Beach House restaurant that was really amazingly good. Not what I expected from a beach restaurant so was surprisingly good. Only minor misses is that fact that the beach chairs are a good distance away from the water and in the heat of the middle east, your feet could literally get mildly burnt until you reach the water. The other miss is that they don't offer anything other then water on the beach which again considering the heat in the middle east it would have been great to have a beer.

Otherwise, its a nice hotel overall...

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms come with a nice sized terrace
3  Thank Joseph W

Dear Joseph,

I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay. With regards to the beach, we are very cautious what we do there, particularly during the current nesting season. This means we have limited refreshments on the beach to prevent rubbish ending up in the dunes and the water and damaging this wonderful birthplace for the young Hawksbills.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked this hotel as a relaxing holiday was needed from our hectic lives and it certainly gave us exactly that.
The hotel has an elegantly understated decor throughout and our room was superb, modern and luxurious . The bathroom had a lovely deep bath, shower and double wash basins with a good supply of fluffy towels and everything from robes to slippers and all that one could need in way of shower gels etc.
The room had an Nespresso coffee machine, plenty of bottled water and a kettle, ironing board and iron. I could not think of anything they had left out to make our stay more perfect even fresh fruit every day.
The food could not be faulted although our half board was only for the buffet dinner which did get a. bIt boring after a few days, though the quality of the meats, Wagyu beef one evening, and fish were excellent as was everything else. We ate in the Park Bar and Grill one night and had the 3 courses and I have to say that it was fantastic. having eaten at top restaurants in London and elsewhere this was up there if not better than some of the top chefs. The chocolate dessert was to die for!!
It was quite pricey although you do get an allowance if on half board, it was a shame that the other restaurant by the pool didn't do the same. Our lunches were excellent and some we had by the pool which they bring out to you, that's how chilled out we were. You must try the fresh lemonade and mint, I couldn't get enough of them, so refreshing when it's hot.
The swimming pools are lovely and warm and well designed with a very welcome adults only pool, spoilt one Friday by some raucous ex pats who thought they owned the place, The cabanas
and sun beds were well spaced and we didn't feel on top of other people and the children's pool was away enough to have peace and quiet, although there weren't many kids there.
The staff could not have been better, polite, helpful and friendly without being a Nuisance. And one slight problem we had was resolved satisfactorily and quickly.
The beach was very clean and the sea had lifeguards .
The only thing that was lacking was a shop to buy bits and bobs but the hotel said they could get us anything we wanted, but I do like to browse for things.
We would definitely go back again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank jetseta

Dear Jetseta

Thank you for your kind words and for your high recommendations, particularly for the quality of food and service. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Due to the long distance between Moscow and UAE I have visited this country only twice (and the first time was approximately 15-20 years ago, so I don't remember a thing). This is why I can't compare the hotel with the other UAE hotels so I'll just tell you my experience.
The hotel is great in everything, so I will mention only the details. Me and my wife were visiting the hotel in the middle of May. We didn't have food included so we have spent the first days going to different restaurants choosing the best one. It turned out to be a challenge as they have all been awesome, but in the end we decided that the Park Grill and the Cafe are the best. Park grill is an a la restaurant. It is open for breakfasts and dinner only and eating there cost us about 400-500 AED for a dinner for 2 without wine. I do recommend trying their meat and fish assorties. The Cafe is a buffet type restaurant (though they have a menu as well) and costs 170 AED for a dinner for 1 person. The food choice is great as well as the quality. During the day The Cafe is open and you can order something from the menu. Whatever we took there was very tasty.
Negative points. The only disappointment for me were the pools. The maximum depth of the pools was 1.4 meters and the average depth was 0.9 meters. I am almost 2 meters tall so it was discomforting. I guess it was made to reduce the noise from children jumping into the pool as the hotel is meant for quiet leisure.
The other negative point are the fees not included into the price (6% tourism fee and 10% service fee). I think that the price should include all the taxes and fees and they should write, for example, 150,8 AED for breakfast instead of 130 AED. Just my opinion.

1  Thank Oleg F

Dear Oleg F

Your kind words are much appreciated and I delighted you enjoyed your return to the UAE after such a long time. I am sorry that the pool depth was not sufficient for you.
This was set to allow people to swim comfortably but not for diving.
Please return soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

it is still their. a hotel with super service super food super place. i need to say how this team and the gm can arrange this all. nothing is a problem. i had to go to hospital and they told me which all done driver with me. super service. the rooms are great all what you need extra they arrange. the kids super happy. the breakfast you can not believe. i need to say we come back each year !!!
the place to be.

Room Tip: if you can get a room on the beach it is a dream
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pannekoek

I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities and service.
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back .

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having visited the Middle East a few times ob the last few times we decided to try Abu Dhabi for the first time, so chose to stay on Saadiyat island because of it gorgeous wide beach. The beach is a gem and reminds me of Miami or Daytona for is lovely white sand and beautiful natural dunes.
The hotel is just lively, very resorty and relaxed. The rooms are very large and of a very high international standard. We had a regular room and it was just lovely. The pools and beach areas of just stunning, lots of loungers and very efficient and gracious staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The three restaurants are all good, one buffet one seafood and on the beach and one great for steak and fish. All have out side seating. Fabulous quality. The only negative I have is that with Dad being in a wheelchair the hotel is not as disabled user friendly as it would like to think. The doors are too heavy and there are not enough ramps for a wheel chair user to freely move around the hotel. This hotel has international guests but very popular with Germans and Brits. The spa and gym are fabulous too, the best facial I have ever had. Try this hotel and try Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

We are most grateful for your lovely review and delighted that you enjoyed your time here.
I also note your suggestions with regards to wheelchair access and will see if we can make some improvements to assist getting around. The doors are heavy due to a safety feature that prevents them slamming, and causing injury, in the wind.

Please do come back again soon.

Stuart Deeson,