“Perfect Getaway, 2nd time lucky”

Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights as they had an amazing summer offer, so I thought I'd treat myself to a nice Eid getaway from Dubai.

I've stayed here before and have to say last time we had a few issues, although I loved the actual resort, there were some service related problems, but wanted to give it another go, as I usually love Park Hyatt properties.

The resort was quiet but the service from check in this time had noticeably improved. I loved the fact that they had my previous issues highlighted on the system and were dead set on making this trip better. They started with a nice upgrade to the beautiful sea view room which we loved!! The front desk chaps were extremely polite, dressed very smartly and had a genuine warmth I'm not used to, they really got us off to a nice start.

Everything ran like clock work, service was impeccable, friendly, the beach and pool stunning, the beach on Saadiyat is like no other in the UAE and I love it, even the water is a different colour.

They even had a 20% off all restaurants and spa summer promo, which we put to good use, eating at all the places and food was delicious. They had healthy options (especially the mixed juices), amazing breakfasts and u didn't even have to order the massive breakfasts, u could choose just the parts you liked for room service , which was lovely. Even with the summer heat, we still managed to enjoy the whole experience.

I honestly couldn't find any fault with this trip, it had markedly improved from last time, to the point where I didn't want to leave. They were fine with giving us a late check out, they didn't say no to any request really. I'm sure some of this was to do with the off peak timing, so a lot less customers to deal with , but nevertheless, I will def be back. They have stiff competition with the St Regis on their doorstep, but they have certainly rose to the challenge.

Stayed: August 2014
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I am delighted you enjoyed your Eid break which is a special time for us as well.
Your wonderful review is much appreciated.
Please do come back and spend some more time with your friends and family.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

For those who think that abu dhabi is the desert, please go to Park hyatt in saadyat island and be amazed. It seems like you are in the maldives. The pool is amazing as well and the service very good. This hotel is on the top 5 of abu dhabi for sure.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Your kind words are much appreciated . I am delighted your stay was enjoyable.

Stuart Deeson, General Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A" welcome back" as soon as we arrived on our way home from Europe as soon
as we arrived at the hotel entrance by the doorman, the staff are really friendly and sincere in their work. The hotel has a feeling of serenity in the marbled corridors. The pools are gorgeous as is the beach on the Arabian Gulf. We stayed in a room with a sea view overlooking the pool area and was very nice. Everyday one is brought fresh fruit and little cake delicacies in the afternoon. The tea in the room was of the best quality and always bottles of water in the room and around the pools. The breakfasts were very good, dinner was fantastic with the freshest Arabian salads, tender meats and cakes to die for. Staying here on our way to Ireland and on our way back certainly made the flight more bearable and jet lag was not an issue. A massage was also very beneficial and so professional. Not a cheap stay but worth every penny. Just remember VERY hot in their summer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Barbara,

I am pleased you had a pleasant time here and thank you for such a delightful review.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed their with my wife and 2 kids, we booked a one bedroom suite with a private swimming pool. The place was really amazing and we all enjoyed it. We definitely would love to revisit in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Khalid,

Thank you for your kind words and I am pleased you had such a good time .
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Three of us stayed at the this amazing property for 2 nights, in a garden facing suite with plunge pool. The suite was part of a villa with a courtyard, which included a set of 2 suites and 2 standard rooms, which means you could book a suite and have a connecting door to the next standard/suite room, very convenient for families and friends!
The suite was very spacious, with an additional toilet(very convenient), kitchen with fridge and freezer, even an oven and cooking hob! The suites are also well designed where there is enough privacy for friends to share.
The plunge pool was pretty big, enough for 4 or 5 people to hang out in, and shady as well with a huge umbrella above it. Though the water was not chilled the first day, this was fixed by day 2, and the pool was nice and cool, considering it was July! Next time we will try a suite with a beach view, as our view was of small road, though it was not too disturbing.
We had some minor maintenance issues: dvd player not working, front door was jammed, pool chiller not working etc. But everything was fixed quickly and efficiently, and the management sent us a bottle of grape :)
Room service was excellent, food was mostly good such as the Mee Goreng, but the club sandwich was average. The staff were prompt and extremely helpful at all times.
The spa was excellent, I had a 1 hour aromatherapy which was delicious, so was the hotbed and the jacuzzi, and the private spa pool.
The large main pool was huge, but not chilled enough. In the right weather, both the large pool and the beach would be fabulous, with clear blue water and fantastic views and sunset.
In terms of budget, well its a pricey 5 star hotel, even though we were on a summer rate. But its a great luxury break. Overall, I would come back any time with friends or family, but am now spoilt with the plunge pool suite experience!!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view or pool view room; if you want a suite and a standard room, ask for connecting/nei...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AyeshaDubai
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Ayesha,

Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us. I am delighted your stay was enjoyable. Your kind words for our suit and SPA services are much appreciated.

Stuart Deeson, General Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent 10 wonderful days. Friendly and helpful staff. Outstanding breakfast. Fabulous beach and pools. Paradise on earth. We would welcome the shuttle to Abu Dhabi. It was our best stay in UAE, thank you so much. We are looking forward to next holiday in Park Hyatt :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Zdena,

Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us. I am delighted your stay was so enjoyable. Your kind words for our food and staff are much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. We stayed for 2 weeks. Staff were friendly, polite and well trained, food was superb, rooms (we had sea view) were spotless and well looked after daily. Nothing to complain about, apart from 6% tourism tax added to EVERYTHING so budget for this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ABUPH, General Manager at Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Jenny,

Your wonderful review is much appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time and all aspects of the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.