“One of the best in Abu Dhabi”

The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I consider myself somewhat of expert on hotels in Abu Dhabi as I work there around 2 weeks in every month and up until now have been staying at various hotels both in Central Abu Dhabi and off the island.

I have been a long term frequenter of the Sheraton Corniche which is a nice hotel but with all of the building work around the lagoon behind the hotel and the fact that this is one of Abu Dhabis oldest hotels, I decided that it was time for a change. Wanting to stay within the Starwood chain I decided to look for something that was nearer my major customers facilities and so decided on the Westin. I was not to be disappointed.

This is a first rate hotel for both business and leisure traveler alike. The rooms are very generous in size and very nicely appointed. All face the back of the hotel towards the golf course. The range of in house restaurants are excellent with both informal sports bar and more sophisticated coattail bar on hand. The outside pool is great as well.

I have stayed at the hotel 3 times now and have got to know a few of the excellent multi- cultural staff who make each stay a pleasure.

The only downside is that the hotels gym is actually located some way from the hotel and is very 2nd class by comparison to the rest of the hotel. This is a shame and I hope that there are plans to upgrade the facility and integrate it into the main hotel.

I have been paying around 650 dh per night which has included breakfast (always excellent ) and internet. The price obviosuly varies with the seasons but it always best to haggle a little.

Cheers

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the right hand side wing nearest to the golf club. There is a better view from...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WestinAbuDhabi, Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Peter H,

Greetings from The Westin Abu Dhabi, your new favorite accommodation in the city.
The location, directly on the grounds of Abu Dhabi Golf Course, pleases both business as well as leisure guests – waking up, overlooking greenery and even hearing birds singing is definitely a treat here in the desert.
We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our culinary offers as well as the recreation facilities.
Good news: We are planning our own gym on the hotel site, so you will soon be able to work out without leaving the hotel. Thank you for some more patience!

On behalf of the entire team, I want to thank you for sharing your kind feedback and loyalty. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

The Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I spent six nights at the Westin Abu Dhabi and could not have been happier with my stay. From the moment I arrived at the reception desk until I left the hotel, the service was absolutely top notch. When I had occasion to ask for help with directions within the hotel, I was escorted to my destination, rather than just being pointed in the right direction. The room was luxurious and quite comfortable, and it looked out on a beautiful golf course.

I was especially impressed with the food at the Westin and looked forward to dinner each night. Due to a busy schedule, I ordered from room service most nights, but it would be an insult to call the cuisine "hotel food" - it was that good. Buffet restaurants are usually the bane of my existence when I travel, but on the two occasions that I patronized the Westin buffet, I came away very impressed. The Wednesday night seafood buffet ("The Claw") provided an abundance of fresh seafood and other culinary treats. I have already booked The Westin for my next trip to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WestinAbuDhabi, Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear joeb1249,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at The Westin Abu Dhabi!
It is a pleasure to read how rewarding your week at our property has been, this is a very high mark, and we are happy to have achieved it!
Our culinary department is proud that you enjoyed the presentation and selection of our In Room Dining menu. Indeed, a meal in the comfort and privacy of your room should not be any minor experience than a dinner in one of the restaurants. ‘Claws’, Wednesday’s Lobster Night, is definitely a dinner option not to be missed, and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to indulge in seafood.

It is an honor to know that you will be returning soon – please be assured that the entire team will once more do their very best in order to create yet another enjoyable, ‘top notch’ Westin Experience!
We are looking forward to welcoming you,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I just had a party of 5 people and a child who attended Brunch at the Westin Abu Dhabi on the Friday 13th September 2013. We were celebrating a birthday and our return trip to Abu Dhabi. We had very high expectations of the brunch as we have been to Westin in Dubai, St Regis Abu Dhabi to mention a few. Working in the hospitality industry and being part of many of the loyalty programmes as a Gold SPG, Platinum Ambassor IHG Rewards and a Diamond Hilton HHonors we know exactly what to expect from service and facilities. The food set up was absolutely fantastic and also tasted great however the service was not up to the standards we expected however this has been addressed with management to a great resolution. I am sure this was just a bleep and we will give another try upon our return to Abu Dhabi for sure. We love the Emirates and the great service and standards delivered by all 5 star hotel. The Westin has great settings and overall it was a great experience. The porter at the entrance of the hotel was a plus as he was friendly and welcoming. The offerings for the children was also great and the magician going around every table was certainly a plus entertainment wise making all adults engaging and not just the children. We also received a small complimentary slice of cake to celebrate the birthday with a candle however please request to buy a birthday cake not to feel left out should someone else have one next to your table. I would have got one if I knew we could buy one. The champagne was of great quality and the chefs and cooks by the buffet were friendly and attentive to food requests. Although it was busy, there was never too much waiting to get food and a highly recommend the Westin Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Alex186534,

Greetings from The Westin Abu Dhabi, your recent Friday Brunch venue for a birthday celebration!
Your praising words and insightful comments are very much appreciated, especially coming from you, such an experienced and loyal traveler.
It is a pleasure to learn how much you enjoyed Bubbalicious, even if the service did not live up to your standards. We are always thankful to receive immediate feedback, and are glad that we could resolve your dissatisfaction so that you left with a positive overall experience.

We do hope to have the chance to pamper your taste buds again soon for another occasion!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just stayed here for a total of seven nights and we loved it. I was in town on business and we picked this hotel for its convenient location to several of our meetings. This hotel is absolutely gorgeous from the moment you pull up to the rooms, the dining areas, the lounges and restaurants, everything was thought through and just beautiful to look at and enjoy. I was upgraded upon arrival and the Exec Suite was huge, kitchen area, living room, bedroom and large bathroom with separate bath and shower. The Westin bed is everything its rumored to be, it was hard to get out of bed each morning. I loved the two big TV's with easy connection for my laptop to work on presentations or watch a movie. The closet was large and out of the way. The bathroom was large, well laid out and very comfortable. I had a massive balcony and if it wasnt so hot during our stay we would have used it more. My views were over the practice range of the Abu Dhabi Golf Club, just perfect. The food here was good, we ate everywhere from the Moroccan restaurant to the various specialized buffet dinners they served in the main dining area. We at their breakfast and at each of the lounges and we were impressed with all of them. The only negative I could even think of was the service in the Lemon and Lime lounge, it was always nearly empty and they seemed to avoid you. It didn't matter thought because everyone else in the place was extremely helpful, polite and friendly, especially Sylvia at the front desk who always had a smile on her face. We played golf at ADGC and if you're into golf, this is as good as it gets.
I could go on and on but whether you're on a business trip or on vacation with the family, this place is perfection.

Room Tip: Suites on the fourth floor are dead quiet all the time. Very relaxing
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WestinAbuDhabi, Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Eglzfn,

We are delighted that you had a great experience with us during your business trip and glad to hear you have enjoyed our Executive Suit. It is indeed one of our gems.
Appreciate your feedback regarding the staff and please rest assured that training is one of our main priorities in our effort to deliver exceptional service for our guests.
We are definitely looking forwards to welcome you back to The Westin Abu Dhabi, hopefully next time it will be for leisure instead of business!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just come back from a 2 week holiday and had a very enjoyable time. Firstly ALL the staff are very accommodating and friendly and cannot do enough to make your stay the best it can be. There were certain people who went the extra yard namely :-

Matt in reception who made all my arrangements for an unexpected trip to the hospital, Dimithre and Peter in the sports bar, John at Breakfast and Gabriel and Saatheesh at the pool bar.

The only issue we had at the hotel was that we were on Half board for 2 weeks in the same restaurant and although the food was very nice it became a bit boring after a while and it would have been nice to try the other restaurants perhaps just once.

One issue we did have was getting back to the hotel at night by Taxi as they all indicated they didn’t know where the hotel or the golf club was - Just trying it on. It would be good if the hotel could give you information about approx costs when checking in. Basically it costs approx 50Drms to the Corniche, 35Drms to the Mosque, 35Drms to Yas Island, 10Drms to access the public Beach and 25Drms to hire a sun bed & 5drms for soft drink on the beach.

Although the hotel advertise the golf and Monte Carlo beach club there were no discounts offered which would have been helpful

There is a piece of land behind the lap pool / pool bar and if the management are interested I have an idea that would benefit the Guests to give them something to do during the day and also open up to non residents which would bring in revenue all year round and at the evening.

Finally would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again

Thank you all very much. (Mark Rm 341)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark649

Dear mark649,
What an honor to receive such praising words – thank you for sharing your review!
The entire team of The Westin Abu Dhabi is proud to have made the end of your travel a truly enjoyable one.
We have shared your compliments with our associates who you have kindly mentioned. It is always a great satisfaction for the team to know they make a difference in each guests experience with us.
We would also like to thank you for your feedback; we will look into the option of providing information on taxi fares and promotions in other facilities such as Monte Carlo Beach Club to our guests.
It would be an honor to welcome you back to The Westin Abu Dhabi sometime soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

45 sq.m room + balcony with a very nice views. One if the most comfortable beds that i ever tried.
Room is provided with a coffee maker , rain shower and control panel for lights, AC and DND.
There are three swimming pools (1 for kids).
By car you need 15 min. to reach main attractions of the city.
smooth check in- check out.
WiFi need to be improved.

I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Faisalbkn

Dear Faisalbkn,
We are glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us!
Thank you for your feedback on Wi Fi connection, we will look into what the problem may have been in order to avoid other guests experiencing the same.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa for another revitalizing experience!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband and I went to The Westin for business and highly enjoyed our stay. The location was easy to get to (little bit of construction), but you could say the Abu Dhabi Golf Club and we didn't have any issues with taxis finding the location. It is a little set back from the city but it was only a 10 minute taxi ride to Grand Mosque. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Whenever we needed something they over delivered. Everything from our room service breakfast (which they doubled because they though it took too long, to offer great pool side service. I would definitely come back to this location.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor and had huge floor to ceiling windows and a nice fairly private deck.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your great feedback!

It is rewarding to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your experience with us; it is with great pride we share your comments to the team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband again soon for another renewing stay at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa.