The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa
US$301
US$259
US$126
US$101
Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
US$390
US$329
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$60
1,038 results
All reviewsdriving rangefairways restaurantlemon limeheavenly bedlime bargolf viewhsbc golfyas linksitalian restaurantpremium roompool barroom serviceclose to the airportchecking outfantastic hotellate checkyas island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Westin has so many things going for it: spacious rooms, great service, a collection of nice restaurants, as well as a secluded location. The gym could be better, but they are already working on building a new one. What really lets down this hotel, and makes it not worth one dirham of your money, is the Golf resort it overlooks. All night the Golf course gardeners drive to and fro in their little buggies, making tonnes of noise, meaning that one is woken up half a dozen time during the night. The hotel cannot interfere, and the Golf club is blase about the nuisance their workers create. When I raised the issue I was told 'tough'. The better your room, the worse the noise is, as the closer you are to the Golf club. It is a TRAVESTY that a hotel as nice as the Westin cannot ensure its guests get a good night's kip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank R0llingSt0ne2011
ExecManagerOffice, Front Office Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear R0llingSt0ne2011,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us online.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, the restaurants and the service provided by our team.

I am very sorry to know that you were not able to recharge yourself with a good night’s sleep due to the level of noise which the Golf Club tries best to keep it to a minimum.

We hope this will not stop you from staying with us again in the future and enjoy the renowned services here at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed a night at the westin. We live in abu dhabi but wanted a weekend away. The hotel is lovely, the grounds, the pool, the attention to detail in Breakfast, and the room was gorgeous too. However we found that our room had an impeded view as the photo shows. All rooms on the 4th floor and half of the rooms on the second floor have this view(which accounts to a good 30%).

When I called requesting that our room be changed, the person was almost rude, and patronising, also claiming that the hotel was full, although I later asked front desk and they were at a 55% capacity.

Would recommend but stay away from these rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ahmed-Asmaa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at The Westin Abu Dhabi.
I am very happy you highlight and like the features and settings of our hotel which is indeed a fantastic choice.

I regret to learn that we were unable to offer a room without a stone balcony on your recent stay with us. Even though the associate may have informed you we were at 55%, the specific room category you have booked was indeed completely sold out.
We would very much appreciate to welcoming you back to The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa for another renewing experience.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night on our way to the Maldives after a long IAD-AUH Etihad flight. Since we were only on the ground for 14 hours in between flights, I booked an inexpensive room at the closest to the airport Starwood hotel, primarily to help me re-qualify for my SPG Platinum status. We were pleasantly surprised.

Less than 20 minutes and a cheap $14 Mercedes van ride from the airport. Very attractive, spacious new facility on the Abu Dhabi Golf Club. As a SPG Platinum, we were upgraded to a spacious and well appointed premium golf view room at a rate that included an impressive full buffet breakfast in a very attractive dining area. We would definitely return to this Westin and spend more time next time.

More pictures...

www.SFO777.com

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SFO777dotcom
ExecManagerOffice, Director of Rooms at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear SFO777dotcom,

Thank you for your stay at the Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa.
Taking care of our valuable SPG guests and primarily Platinum member is always a pleasure.
We are glad to have had this opportunity to welcome you at the hotel and looking forward to welcome you back.

Lilia Koleva

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Westin and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Although I found it quite annoying that they decided to trim the bushes infront of our room at 8am, it would be great for them to realize that people go there to "rest" and not just play golf. The issue wasn't resolved and although after an hour of intense noise, we gave up on sleep and headed to the pool.

The pool and service of the staff is great. Don't bother with the gym it's tiny and unless you want to see peoples business in your face give it a pass.

Hopefully the minor issues will be fixed before our next stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dixiefly
ExecManagerOffice, Front Office Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear dixiefly,

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor,

I was sorry to learn of your concerns with your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

Whilst I can assure you that any neglect experienced in this instance would have been as a result of thoughtlessness rather than intent, please be assured, the issues raised have been addressed and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to write and hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Last week we booked 6 rooms to stay there as a family, we requested all the rooms to be next to each others 2 weeks ago, but when we reached there 4 only was met our requirement. the staff refused even to make up for that and upgrade one of the rooms to the next level to be all on the same level.
3 of the rooms had a A/C problems, the maintenance guys spent 2 hours to fix it, and unfortunately the only thing that we got is a late check out for two rooms only to make up of their problems, they even didn't offered another room while it's their mistake.
while check-out they charges us $600 as a fine for smoking, even they couldn't prove that these area are non-smoking areas, no stickers, boards or been informed by any of the staff.
the reception guy (who's name is Bruno) offered us a birthday cake while check-in and he asked me when to deliver it, I told him 7:30 is fine. we haven't seen this cake until I followed up with room service at 11:30 PM.
Matt is one of the rudest guy I have ever dealt with, and he introduced himself as a manager. when we was discussing with him the problems we faced with the hotel and smoking fine issue he came to us and said he called the police for us.

Really it was the worst hotel I have ever been, and according to the staff and the way they deal with their customers, I don't think this hotel deserve more that three stars.

Room Tip: Be careful from A/C problems happens at night
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rami N
ExecManagerOffice, Front Office Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Rami N,

We accommodate a number of guests in our hotels and resorts worldwide and are proud to have the flexibility to meet the requirements of all our guests. It is therefore disappointing to have let you down on this occasion. I do sincerely hope you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards.

We aim to accommodate guests with special requests and are proud to have the flexibility to meet these requirements. Accommodation request for adjoining rooms is subject to availability on the day of arrival therefore we had to provide you with one room on a different floor. Due to the nature of your booking this did not entitle you for an upgrade to suite.

We fully empathise with your sentiments regarding the inoperative air-conditioning during your stay. Every effort was made to minimise the discomfort and offered to change your room while the technical fault was rectified. Nevertheless the decision to stay in the same room was at your discretion and instead you requested for a late check-out and did not accept our offer for a room change.

Please note that smoking is allowed only in designated area and there are various non-smoking signs throughout the hotel while smoking rooms are clearly indicated.
As you requested we provided you with non-smoking rooms and it was highlighted upon checking. We were alarmed by other guests and security that you endeavor to smoke in the corridor in front of non-smoking rooms and fees of AED 500 were applied to your bill while the set charge for it is AED 2000.

I would like to apologise for the manner in which the situation was initially dealt with as more discreet approach could have been adopted.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you in the future.

Jose miguel Infante