“Hotel with golf facility”

The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #21 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Hotel with golf facility”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

It was great to stay there and the staff was courteous. even the surroundings are very nice you can have the view of golf coarse. food was really good, rooms are very spacious. there is balcony facility as well.

Room Tip: ground floor will be better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank arora5dChennai
Jose I, Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear arora5dChennai,
Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed our facilities and services.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Westin Abu Dhabi for another rejuvenating experience.
Stay Well
Jose Infante

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I visited the Westin for 10 nights in August with my wife and have to say the experience was fantastic. Every member of staff we encountered were excellent and so friendly they made you feel like royalty. Nothing was too much effort for them they just wanted to ensure you had the best experience of everything and that you were completely relaxed throughout your stay. I thought the service was good but then I experienced the food, one word that can best describe this and that is WOW, I normally try to avoid the buffets as generally I've not had good experiences, but this hotel hits the mark completely with the amount choice and quality on offer at every service and every course. Brunch on a Friday is a must, although quite lively the food choice and quality is the best I have ever experienced. The desserts are to die for, only small amounts of each but you can help yourself to as many or as little as you want. You have to try the chocolate and passion fruit spoons they are divine, but one up from that is caramelized banana and white mousse, that tastes like you've gone to heaven. Going back to the staff, Peter at shades will really look after you (although he is a Manchester United fan!) along with his colleagues who always ensure you receive exceptional service. I have to also mention Lamin and Dimitrie in the retreat bar they too will ensure your time spent in their company is both enjoyable and relaxing. As for the golf course, each room has views of this which as a golfer I really thought was excellent, although I didn't play due to the fact it was near on 47 degrees I did have a day on the range which was excellent value at £17 for unlimited access and hire of 4 top of the range clubs, although I am regretting that today after hitting about 500 balls and feeling a little tight today. The structure of the golf club is amazing, but the service inside is disappointing, I found the staff in the club bar are quite off hand they could learn a lot about customer service from their neighbours at the Westin.

Overall - would I return to the Westin?
Absolutely without a doubt, I would get on a flight tomorrow to return for a completely chilled out and relaxing holiday with great food and service. Keep it up guys you offer a fantastic all round experience.

Room Tip: Any room looks good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magicargyle
Dear Magicaregyle,
It is with great honor I read your comments regarding your past experience with us.
At The Westin we strive to provide personalized and friendly services, to see we have managed to make you feel like royalty really makes us feel accomplished. I have passed your great feedback to Peter, Lamin and Dimitrios and they have taken it with great pride!
We have shared with the Chef’s your compliments, they were thrilled to know you have enjoyed the dining experience.
We look forward to welcome you and your wife back for another unforgettable experience with us.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Excellent hotel, luxurious room overlooking the 1st tee and the 9th green.

The golf was really good and they couldn't do enough for us.

Golf course was brilliant and the 19th hole - shall we say 'refreshing' "

Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Bryan H,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at The Westin Abu Dhabi!
It fills us with delight that your experience has been a very enjoyable one.
We hope that you will treat yourself with another stay at The Westin Abu Dhabi soon; we are looking forward to welcoming you!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This is 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel and really enjoy it here. It's very relaxed and surroundings are very modern and clean. Had a lovely chilled time. Hotel is beautiful inside, the rooms are full of mod-cons and a great size. Beds are SO comfy, one of the comfiest I've slept in!! Bathroom is beautiful too with lovely shower and bath facilities.

Service was slow at pool side restaurant but not in a hurry so was ok.

We ate in the buffet restaurant for all inclusive option. Food was delicious with a good selection.

Will definitely visit again and recommend to any friends.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Linsay,
It fills us with delight that your experience has been a very enjoyable one, created by our committed associates and the wide variety of culinary delights.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to The Westin Abu Dhabi!
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Arrived at the Westin with high expectations, set by the renown of the brand. Unfortunately, #brunoflunkedthecheckin and it was during Ramadan.
We thought the front desk clerk has been pushed aside so that we can get some faster/professional service. But no. Even though I informed our arrival time when I booked the rooms, there was no genuine welcome. Apparently having 2 women and 3 men in 2 rooms is also frowned upon. We were pretty much talked like we were children, and directly asked "who stays with whom?!" We explained, separated the IDs, gave billing instructions, took our keys and went to our rooms (like it was our job). The rooms were obviously at the end of the corridor. When we arrived, the room for 3 was never set for 3. We had to ask for slippers, for towels, for amenities, for more coffee, more tea, more glasses, etc.
In the afternoon, we came back to the room for a snack and found a housekeeper servicing. She was very polite and helpful. Until she received a call. It was obviously a work related call. It took a while though, as she needed to clarify certain aspects. It never occurred to her to step out of the room. So, we were forced to lower our voices, so she can go through and continue her work. We would've gladly leave the room, but there was no other place where we could have a snack, a drink, or a smoke, and we were famished...
In the evening, we decided to go to dinner in downtown. We called the operator at 19:00hrs to request a large taxi which will fit 5 passengers, at 20:00hrs. The person at the other end of the line asked us to call back before 20:00hrs to remind him, in case he forgets... We called back before 20:00hrs and found out that large taxis are actually "not available" in the city, and were forced to take two cars.
Needless to say, the next day we asked just for in room dining.
We were expecting attentive service during the low season, and in the end we were very disappointed, because it felt like we would've got around with less frustration if this was an self service hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jose I, Manager at The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear acatri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us online.

I was sorry to read you were not satisfied with our services throughout your stay. I can assure you that the all your comments have been brought up to the respective managers in order to action them and avoid them from happening again.

Regarding the ID’s, as you may know the law in Abu Dhabi is very strict when it comes to registering the guests, that is why it is imperative that all ID’s are properly tracked and recorded since this may lead to fines from the local authorities.

Regarding taxi services, we can’t guarantee a booking from the local taxi companies, the only way to guarantee transportation is by booking through the hotel limo services.

I would sincerely appreciate if you could contact me directly to josemiguel.infante@westin.com in order to address in more depth the issues faced throughout your stay.

Looking forward to hear from you and to have the chance to welcome you back to The Westin Abu Dhabi,

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic property with beautiful views over a golf course, we stayed in a premium room that is on the ground floor, love the the high ceiling, huge window, nice small balcony where you have a 2-steps ladder leading you to the golf course, heavenly bed as most Starwood hotels, breakfast was great.

Now to the issues, unfortunately it's all related to the staff, check in was horrible, when asked for a late checkout the front desk staff was very rude to the point I wanted to check out right away. Another housekeeping staff walked in (the housekeeping light was off) without knocking while my fiancé was just out of the shower and he just stood there staring at her naked, now I understand he was shocked but ..... Front desk manager (the name escapes me) was the only reason why I stayed here over the next 2 days.

Overall this is a very impressive hotel just need to train the staff better.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ahmed2250
Dear Amed2250,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at The Westin Abu Dhabi.
Allow me to express my most sincere apologies regarding the shortcoming faced during your stay. At The Westin we strive to provide the highest standards of service, we are known for our personalized service and I can assure you we have addressed your feedback with the respective managers.
I hope you will give us another chance and decide to return to The Westin Abu Dhabi, we will make sure that your next experience will be a relaxing and rejuvenating one.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We just spent two days in the Westin with our two children and loved it! From the moment you walk in, you are enveloped by the warmth and the simple beauty of the hotel. The design is flowing and the grounds are lovely. The pools are spotless and inviting and the staff are professional and very friendly. The rooms are conformable and of course the heavily beds are great. Special thanks to Ani from reception/check in and Leon from Fairways! I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor have direct access to the golf course with beautiful outside settings.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear DC44th,
It fills us with pride that your experience has been a very enjoyable one, created by our committed associates and the wide variety of culinary delights.
I have shared your positive comments to Ani & Leon, they were thrilled to know you have had a wonderful time with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to The Westin Abu Dhabi!