“The Best Lebanese food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“The Best Lebanese food”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I am staying at the Crown Plaza on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi and was enticed to try Barouk. I grew up eating Lebanese food and challenged the manager to impress me. It was great. The presentation, the smell, the taste. The mezzas were the best I've had, from the zatar to the hummus, fatouch, bread and a host of other delicacies. I am only sorry I missed the aoud player, maybe next time. They believe they are the best and they love to engage with you. Talk to the manager and let him and his team wow you.

Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good, creative, Lebanese food”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Lebanese cuisine is always a safe bet in the Middle East and the Barouk wasn't an exception. I started with a very good tabbouleh, followed by a chicken kebab. Both were well prepared, well seasoned and tasty. I had a glass of a very nice Lebanese wine to accompany the meal, and also went for the mixed Baklava deset, which was excellent.

Visited August 2013
“Not for non-smokers”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We can't comment on the food at Barouk because we didn't even get to sit down at the table, let alone order or eat anything! We made a booking for Friday night, having heard good things about the food at this Lebanese restaurant in the basement of the Crowne Plaza hotel on Yas Island. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted a smoking or a non-smoking area, and we said non-smoking. But the non-smoking area of this restaurant in a raised area along the side of the restaurant, right next to the smoking tables which in the lower level but less than a couple of meters away. The table we were shown to was close to a group who were busy puffing away on their shishas, wafting smoke towards our table. When we asked if we could have a table in a real non-smoking area we were told that was the only place available. At that point we decided to eat somewhere else, rather than have our evening ruined by some extended passive smoking during dinner. We also noted that the non-smoking tables are right in front of the crooner, who was due to start his act in about 10 minutes. We can't comment on how good or bad the singer is (I am sure he is excellent) but it may well be that the non-smoking tables are not the best for dinner conversation given the closeness to the singer. We would also note that we didn't receive any kind of apology for the lack of a suitable non-smoking table before we left.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank EdwardW770
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best Lebanese Restaurant in UAE !”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

If you are looking for a cozy yet hippy , great food , efficient service and live entertainment !all are available and more at the Lebanese restaurant Al Barouk in Crown plaza Yas island -AbuDhabi.

Food with so much flavors from the Farrouj , to the Homus and Barouk salad , all freshly prepared , and will exceed your expectations !

Restaurant cozy with dimmed lights, red light table lamps , restaurant was full noting it was a Tuesday , singer started performing around 8.30 pm , great Lebanese songs that made us feel home !

once manager knew about our anniversary , he arranged for a nice cake and asked singer to make a surprise song where it was amazing surprise for us !

very good value and nice view of swimming pool . we will be driving from Dubai on weekends to have dinner in this lovely restaurant as its only 40 min away from Dubai !

highly recommended ,!

• Visited August 2013
Lismore, Australia
“Great place to relax while eating”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great styling and although we sat in the non smoking area located near the speakers for the 2 large screens which airs local television the arrival of the musician was a welcome relief to our ears.
We were welcomed and seated promptly and bought snacks of beans.
I was hungry but my husband not so much so we asked what size the mains were and the lady said enough for one person. I should have gone with my gut instinct and ordered just one meal but we ordered 2 and upon arrival we knew we would not eat both. Lebanese is usually served with "Lots" of flatbread on the side as well as on the meal filled with parsley, onion n tomato. The lamb dish I ordered was delicious along w the char grilled vegetables. My husband ordered the chicken and he said it too was delicious. Both meals were moist and lots of flavour.
If you are not big eaters then I would suggest 1 entree share and 1 main.
Great watching people experience while listening to beautiful music.

Visited August 2013