“Came here twice in one week”
Review of Porto Bello

Porto Bello
Ranked #289 of 2,061 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Came here twice in one week”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place is a gem! My husband and I found it through rounemenu.com

The first time we came here, the place was quite and it was on a weekday. We had the beef carpaccio and the mix sea food platter. The beef was excellent and it had the right amount of greens to accompany it. The sea food platter had the best lemon butter sauce I have ever had in my life. I loved it and have been telling everyone about it!

The second time we came here we also had the beef carpaccio since we loved it so much! But the best thing I have had at this place by far is the veal with gorgonzola cheese fondue. The veal was tender and simply heavenly, this is truly one of the best places I have tried in Abu Dhabi!

They do also have a lovely trio band who play strings and sing for tables.
Will be back for sure!

• Visited February 2014

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Been before and it was very good this time it took 45 mins for food to arrive and then it was over cooked. Just will not go again.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“tasty & handsome”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Porto Bello is an Italian resto/bar that encompasses the mixture of fine dining alongside fine wines. Its high ceilings & columns coupled with its talented pianist boast elegance & comfort. The food is tasty & each course is a handsome spread, that won't let you go home hungry! From the oil to the wine & bread to dessert, you cannot go wrong with the selection at hand. With its cozy atmosphere & dim lighting, it caters to a private affair; with its spacious area it caters to a family or a big group of friends. They do have a terrace, which I believe serves shisha; it's now a good time of year this part of the world; you can have coffee & dessert as you enjoy the fresh outdoor breeze. Make sure you taste the olive paste; delightfully satisfying!

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Average to poor, no more”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We came here for brunch on a Groupon deal. The price was ok, food average, service average, atmosphere totally missing. The place was empty! There are better places, even without a Groupon deal for the same price that better.
I would recommend giving the place a miss totally, deal or no deal.

1 Thank Trevor S
Omaha, Nebraska
“Terrific Food and Service; A Hidden Gem in AUH”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

A friend and I decided to try Porto Bello when we craved some Italian food, but didn't want to overdo our dinner. Set near the lobby of the Millennium Hotel, the restaurant is one of the larger restaurants in AUH and definitely delivers. My date and I split the beef carpacio, which was accompanied with several black truffle shavings and was delicious. For dinner, I had the champagne lobster risotto which was absolutely stunning, and probably one of the best risotto dishes that I had. Unfortunately, we were to full for desert, but nevertheless, the food and service were very good.

Visited October 2013