“Above 5 stars expectations”
Review of Hyatt Capital Gate

Hyatt Capital Gate
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Its guaranteed quality ,I visited there 3 times within this year , nothing can be better , very welcoming and professional staff , high attention to detail , your comfort is their real concern , room is so well arranged and very clean , great view , 8 degree restaurant is very good , there is one staff his name (Stephen) is always there to help you and he is so professional and perfect service , I went many times and they keep remembering me , I love this place , its real relaxation , every detail is done for your convenience .

Room Tip: guaranteed quality Above expectations .
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wes w
CapitalGate A, General Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

Thank you for you feedback, it helps us serve u better. We are happy to learn that you found our staff welcoming and professional as we constantly strive to deliver above expectations. Also we are thrilled to share with you that 18 degrees recently wont the Best Modern European Restaurant, Abu Dhabi by What's On awards 2013. I have shared your feedback with all here and you encouraging review does motivates all.

As always it was a pleasure having you over, looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
Ashwini Kumar

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Public holidays are a true test of a hotel’s abilities. We spent 2 nights of the Eid holidays at Hyatt Capital Gate and had a wonderful experience. For more (be warned: lengthy”) details, please read on:

Booking:
The booking was done for 2 spacious 67m2 Capital Suites which each had a separate living room. With the suites came complimentary breakfast and a 150 AED credit per room per stay. I booked through Booking.com and later confirmed the reservation with the hotel and received a booking reference. This was handled by Nisha from reservations who was a pleasure to deal with.
With the reservation reference number, I could add the points to my Hyatt Gold Passport and make special requests before arrival through their amazing E-Concierge service. I made some requests that were confirmed very promptly. I also received a phone call the night before our arrival asking for the specific check-in time, as I had indicated we might be a couple of hours early. Everything was handled professionally.

Check in:
This is where the first glitch appeared, and quite a big one at that. To give some background I was staying at the hotel with my husband, mother, brother and sister. The hotel was a surprise to both my mother and my husband. As my husband wouldn’t be joining us till later, the surprise element wasn’t an issue. My mother, however, thought we were there to check out the spa before going to our 4* hotel. (For the record, the spa was absolutely lovely). My mom headed for the spa as I went to check in.
“Robin”, at the check in counter, very politely told us that for circumstances beyond the hotel’s control, our suites were no longer available. Not something you expect to hear when you have a confirmed reservation at a Hyatt hotel! I was understandably quite distressed at this. Robin offered us the Deluxe room (45 m2) instead at the best available rate. Now had I wanted this room, I would have booked it myself. This should have been a lovely surprise but at this point the whole trip felt ruined.
Robin offered to keep the perks of the suites (BF & 150 AED credit), but I was adamant about wanting the suite at least for my mom as they would be 3 in the room. The front office manager “Mohamed Bahi” came out at this point and profusely apologized and offered us full board for both rooms during our stay. He was so very apologetic and helpful that we accepted his offer. I do think that the hotel was put in a difficult position, but it says a lot that they managed to handle it graciously and ensure our satisfaction and our loyalty to the brand. A big thumbs up to the front office team for professionally managing to resolve a challenging situation.

Deluxe Room:
We were welcomed in to the rooms with 2 bottles of fresh juice & a glass bowl of chocolate truffles. The rooms are absolutely lovely. The décor is minimalistic and modern. The large bed was luxurious and so was the bedding. The view was amazing as were the full length windows and the remote controlled curtains. There was plenty of storage space. The espresso machine was a nice touch and was equipped with Illy coffee capsules. The marble bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a sliding wooden door. You first walk into a large room with a sink and a large tub (with a view), then there are 2 semi-transparent doors for the toilet and shower.
I’d like to note here that all the requests made to the E-concierge had been observed (Non Allergic bedding, Empty Mini bar, etc). My mom loved the rooms and they definitely made up for the issue at check in.

Room Service:
House Keeping usually pass around in the morning and if you are in the room, they’ll slip a note under the door saying they’ll be back in the evening. You also have the option of calling them whenever you like during the day. We did this when we went down and came up to find the rooms ready.
Room service was prompt and everything was served piping hot.

Restaurant “18”:
Breakfast: Quite a large variety but can be hectic depending on the time. We found 8 am to be a great time for breakfast. They do have a system where you can order from the menu and it will get served to your table. We found this a better option when the restaurant was crowded. Service is swift and drinks are served quickly and made well. It was a good start to the day.
Lunch: The restaurant was quiet, but bright & airy. We ordered from a set menu and the food was well executed and beautifully presented. We tried dishes from several cuisines and they are one of the few restaurants that manage to excel in more than one cuisine. The Salmon Fillet and chicken liver dishes in particular were great. Service was friendly and special mention goes to Steven who was a delight and very knowledge about the menu. Desserts left a lot to be desired.
Dinner: Same as lunch, but with more of a romantic feel. I wish the weather had been a bit more pleasant as we would have loved to sit outside suspended over 18 floors :)

The Lounge:
On the 2nd day, we skipped lunch and ordered afternoon tea here. Service was professional. The scones were very late and a bit crunchy and there was a mix up with the sandwiches (“Salmon Brioche, Protein bread sandwiches” were explained to be one thing as the cucumber is in fact the “protein” in the “salmon brioche sandwich”- come on!). This situation was salvaged by the restaurant manager who offered her apologies and cheese sandwiches instead.

Overall:
All in all we did have a lovely stay. It does feel as though excellent customer service is definitely a recurring saving grace in several areas in the hotel. However, I consider this a positive as the hotel is still relatively new and finding its pace. It was an enjoyable stay & I believe we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gentle Traveler I

Dear Valuable Reviewer,

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

We appreciate you taking the time out to share with us feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused during your stay, it was not intentional. We are happy to learn that our front office team professionally managed to resolve a challenging situation, as it is our constant endeavour to create comfortable and memorable experiences for all who stay with us. Also we are thrilled to share with you that 18 degrees recently won the Best Modern European Restaurant, Abu Dhabi by What's On awards 2013.

Thank you for your valuable review. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a conference, and the hotel was flawless.

Great big room with a nice view of Abu Dhabi. Great bath, comfortable bed and free internet, was all perfect. The free Nespresso Machine was nice as well.

Pool area was great and relaxing, and the 18 degree restaurant was high class as reasonable prices.

Highly recommended,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tripadvicegiver
CapitalGate A, General Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

We appreciate you taking the time out to share with us feedback on you visit to our hotel. We are very happy to learn that you would recommend us as it is our constant endeavour to create memorable memories for all who visit us.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

An exceptional hotel, and the service could not be faulted. This was our 2nd stay and we were warmly welcomed back. The management remembered our gluten free requirements and arranged for fresh gluten free bread to be made for all of our meals. Their internal communication system worked brilliantly as all we needed to say in the restaurant, whether breakfast or dinner, was our room number and every staff member was aware. The menu for dinner is presented with a wide variety of choices of dishes (entrées and main courses) from various different countries for example Greece, Lebanon, Syria. The food was well presented and delicious.

The hotel is spotless, has wonderful fixtures and fittings and art work. For those who can eat gluten the cafe 'Profiterole' on the ground floor is amazing - hand made chocolates, biscuits and amazing pastries are available along with other snacks.

WIFI was available for a small additional cost, however was well worth it - only one simple log in and all additional devices could be added onto that login. It never dropped out throughout our stay!

The swimming pool has to be experienced!! Located on the 19th floor and jutting out from the building, it is heated to a perfect temperature and for those with children there is an attendant who appears to keep an eye out. There is a bar by the pool and you can also order snacks. A pre-dinner aperitif after a swim in the cool of the evening was a special experience.

The spa area is in a beautiful setting and has a variety of massages, and the masseur who gave me a therapeutic massage for my neck and back was clearly experienced and very professional.

It was a wonderful experience and we will be returning next year!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view, although as the rooms are on the18th floor and above the v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CVR8

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

It was a pleasure having you over as always. We appreciate your motivating and encouraging feedback it has been shared with all our teams here.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hello All,

I stayed at this hotel from 08/21 to 09/04. This place was just great, very quite but a bit to far from center of the city which is both good and bad. All the staff members, were absolutely fantastic. They all went above and beyond to make sure we were receiving the best level of customer service.

In Abu Dhabi travelled around via the Abu Dhabi cab, and I have to tell you, all you have to do is to call the front desk from your room and ask for a cab. Most Likely by the time you'll get to the lobby one is waiting for you.

From the hotel to Marina Mall, and other sight seeing places will take you about 15-20 minuets cab ride and about 20-25 Dirham. ($1.00=3.65 Dirham). Try not to exchange at the hotel, if you do you'll get around (3.45 per a $1.00 U.S. Dollar).

The hotels "Lobby" Starts from 18th floor up, 19th floor is the pool with amazing view. The rooms were just great, including the bed and everything, Extremely Clean.

The only meals that we had their was the breakfast, Pricey but GREAT. It cost us about (150 Dirham which is roughly about $30-35 USD).

WHEN YOU CHECK IN, MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR THE HOTEL DEAL OF A DAY, OFTEN IS MUCH CHEAPER THAN WHAT YOU RESERVED, AND THEY MIGHT ADJUST YOUR DEAL. They did in my situations and adjusted my rate to the lower rate.

Bottom-line make sure you reach out to, Mr. Vebhav, Mr. Mohamad, Mr. Peter, Ms. Natasha, also the Gentleman from China,the ladies from the front Desk (Don't recall their names, but one was from Germany and the other from Austria), the pool staff from ( Philippines and Nepal). They will go above and beyond to make sure you are well taking care off and enjoying your trip. They went above and beyond from me and my brother's family.

In my opinion this was more a business like hotel, the only activity for my 11 year old nephew was to go to the pool.

Enjoy your trip and Im sure you will love and enjoy this hotel as much as me did.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Amir D

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. We are very happy to learn that you found our hotel and staff amazing, it is our constant endeavour to create memorable moments for all who visit us. We assure you that our dining costs are in line with the competitive pricing structure. I have shared your motivating feedback with all our teams it encourages us to give our very best everyday.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

i would say hyatt capital gate is the well-modernized hotel.
the room and other facilities seemed to be customized for guests.
i think i enjoyed the most of time in swimming pool on 19th floor.
it's not spacious but very clean and well-managed.
the most staffs of the hotel are kind. especially Ram, working at rayana spa was very friendly.

overall, there's nothing to complain and it's quite recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank leccetimes
CapitalGate A, General Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us feedback about your recent visit to our hotel, it helps us serve you better. We are happy to learn that your found our hotel clean and well managed as it our constant endeavour to create memorable experiences for all who visits us. Thank you for ther encouraging review I have shared it with all our teams here.

We truly are obliged for you recommending us, hoping you will allow an opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Ideally good place for business trip. Perfect service, Comfortable rooms with sea view. One restaurant and bar only! Nice Breakfast with wide delicious assortment. Amazing spa center with excellent wash/changing room.

Room Tip: Unfortunately second sliding door between room and bath has been closed due to safety reasons
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
1  Thank Navruz M
CapitalGate A, General Manager at Hyatt Capital Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi!

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. We are happy to learn that you ideally found us a good place for a business trip and that you found Rayana spa's wash and change room excellent. I have shared your encouraging feedback with the teams, it truly motivates us to give our very best daily. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.