“Pretty on the outside, missing on the inside.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Abu Dhabi

Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Pretty on the outside, missing on the inside.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

The majesty of this new hotel is apparent as soon as you step out of the taxi and into the grand, ornate lobby. The staff is eager to show you to a restaurant, party or meeting. That's where it stopped for me.

As we entered our "private party" the billowing cigarette smoke blasted me in the face and seeped into my lovely outfit. The tall man with a name tag heard an earful from me as he approached. This lovely place is the smoking section? YUCK

He asked the smokers to leave the area, as they had intruded in our private party, and they did. The residual smell lingered.

The wait staff walked around with a dozen canapés on trays, none were gluten-free (as pre-ordered) and appeared to me to make it around twice. The food was so minuscule and scarce. I was very disappointed.

Our party was lovely because of the people. The hotel leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NDeniseS
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear NDeniseS,

Thank you very much for mentioning our lobby and how eager the staff were to greet you on your arrival, I am happy to hear that your initial experience on entering the hotel was a positive one.

It is a shame that your experience in the Crystal Lounge was spoiled by people smoking on that evening, this is unusual and I am happy to say that we have not had any similar issues before. This is the only area of the hotel where we allow smoking apart from one section of our St Regis Bar and our outside terraces and as the group which you were a part of had decided to hold the event in a public space and not one of our private areas this was not something we could easily control.

I would also like to apologize for the lack of gluten free food and that this left you without enough to eat, if you are coming to the hotel again in the future please let us know and I will ensure that the culinary team make you a special menu that is 100% gluten free. Finally, I am sorry that you feel the hotel leaves a lot to be desired because of these two incidents, we are in our second month of operation and still have a lot to improve on, however I can assure you that the team and I are committed to doing so and we will always seek to improve our service offering based on the constructive comments we receive.

The St. Regis Abu Dhabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I had the privilege of staying in St Regis couple of weeks ago and all I can say is I was blown away with the whole experience.

Based on my experience, Abu Dhbai has many GREAT hotels and it’s very difficult to stand out from the rest. But once in a while you will come across that extra special place and for me St regis had that extra wow factor.

From the outside, the hotel looked quite ordinary but as soon as I entered the lobby I was presently surprised with the decoration and the layout. I also liked the way the rooms as decorated (with high ceilings and chandeliers) and felt staying in a mansion rather than staying in a hotel room.

During my stay I use the outdoor pool which was decent in size. One of the pool boys showed me the beach park which they are constructing at the moment and from what I saw it’s going to be a great value addition to the Hotel.

Quality of the food was very good and I didn’t had a single bad dish during my stay. The prices of the food and drinks looks bit high but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

The only suggestion that I can make is , I felt most of the staff is relatively new to hospitality business and needs bit of a training, ( for an example when I was in the pool I ordered a club sandwich without Mayonnaise and the guy who took my order wanted me to write down and give it to him what is my exact requirement so that he won’t mess it.) However this didn’t spoil my stay as I felt that all the staff were genuinely trying their best to make my stay as perfect as they can.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank shane D
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear ShaneD,

It is a delight to read comments such as yours and I am very pleased to hear that you loved our hotel and our food and beverage offerings. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding the staff and please be assured that constant training is one of our main priorities in our effort to deliver exceptional service for our guests.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope you decide to visit us again very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have decided to spend a week end in Abu Dhabi with my wife and the family and consideing we always try to experience something new, we have opted for the newly opened St. Regis on the corniche.
It has been a great eperience from arrival to departure. We thought it could have been more of a business Hotel but with the great location on the corniche and vicinity to the Marina mall has been just perfect. Even the pool area was great for our daughter and with the upcoming beach club extension, it will be just perfect and will defenitely go back once is open.
We loved also the restaurants, had dinner in Toscana and felt like being back home in Italy and also loved the food for lunch in Rhodes 44.
A big thank you tot the staff who has been all at the top and always smily, helpfull and made our stay reall special. Well done!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Luca B
Dear Passionfortravel69,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor, The team and I are delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your weekend with us and that you loved both our restaurant offerings and our convenient location.

We do hope to see you again when the Nation Riviera Beach Club opens later this year.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

New hotel open for over one month and I'm not make mistake to take decision to celebrated my birthday here, all staff and service its really "AMAZING" they playing the role like a pro. I stay overnight for my birthday celebration ,It's really really nice and amazing memory for my birthday...:).Thank you so much for the birthday cake and card I really appreciated. I when to the spa treatment and facilities their offer "superb". "GREAT JOB"

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank SNyoman
Dear Nyoman,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at the hotel, thank you for posting your fabulous comments and I’m glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us. Please do come and visit us again the next time you’re in Abu Dhabi!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Checked into the hotel last night and it is great. It is anew hotel everything is fresh and new. The employees are great and very helpful. There is a butler for the standard room who is quite helpful. A really nice experience thus far. The location is close to the Marina Mall area. There is a little construction around it and the sign was not clear but a really opulent hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Shelew
Dear Shelew,

Thank you for your kind comments, we are very happy to hear that you liked our hotel and that the location was convenient for you to experience everything Abu Dhabi has to offer. We are currently working on the signage for both the road and the building exterior and this will be completed in the coming weeks making it easier to find us on the Corniche. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

St. Regis Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel had been open for over one month when I stayed. The staff and service was first class. I wandered around the place marveling at the amazing finishes on everything. The bar on the mezzanine floor was so beautiful with a stunning pink marble finish. Its makes you think you are staying at the Sheikh's palace - probably because you are!

Room Tip: My room was fabulous - not sure what else to say.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AndrewXYZ T
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Not without its fair share of teething issues that any huge property partly still under construction would be likely to encounter this hotel was exactly what a fine hotel should be. Staff seemed experienced, polite, helpful and always at disposal for any query no matter how slight and we received a good dose of the true Abu Dhabi hospitality which helped cement in our minds why we love this place so much.

The lobby/ bar is one of the most beautiful (albeit grandiose) and tastefully done I have seen around the UAE 5 star hotels.

Room service choice is 4 star- when the quality is as good as it was you find yourself wishing there was more variety particularly on a long stay. However they offered to make off menu dishes which was perfectly executed. The food quality was an easy 5 star.

The gym will be upgraded in time to the excellent standard St Regis gyms usually are although it is perfectly adequate presently.

The Executive Suite was practical as well as a design piece and it truly felt like a home from home experience.

This hotel is the hands down winner and place of choice to stay on any return visit of ours to Abu Dhabi and I can't wait to be back.

Room Tip: Executive room will make you want to stay forever
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grinchee
StRegis_Auh, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Grinchee,

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased to know you had a wonderful experience in the hotel. I have passed on your feedback to my team and they were very well received, it is indeed our endeavor to make every visit memorable for our guests and reviews such as yours motivate our staff to consistently deliver service beyond expectations.

We also took note of your observation regarding our offering for Private Dining, the menu items are now being reviewed and this will be improved in the coming weeks.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you back in the hotel the next time you visit the city!