“Gorgeous Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I’ve recently stayed in this gorgeous hotel and must admit that my expectations were by far exceeded with overall St.Regis experience, from the expansive and tasteful hotel décor to immaculate staff attentiveness.
I had a beautiful room with Chornishe view, nice sitting area and one of the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in. Bathroom had a beautiful bathtub overlooking Abu Dhabi Marina.
Service was impeccable, especially Butler service that discreetly met all my requirements from opening vine bottles, cloth pressing to preparing romantic bath.
One whole floor is reserved for Spa and I’ve enjoyed Balinese massage performed by experienced therapist.
Unfortunately the beach club was not yet open to complete this exceptional experience.
This is truly one of the best hotels in UAE.

2  Thank Maja M

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my husband and 2 children, before I came to the hotel I rang and spoke to one of the hotel staff and was wrongly informed that the nation riviera was opened. Once we arrived at the hotel we were informed that it was still not opened which was the first disappointment, on top of that when we went to the poolside we realized there was no kids menu which ment we were forced to go back to our room to feed the children.

Another issue is that it clearly states on your website that u have a restaurant which serves shisha but yet again we were disappointed because this was also not available.

One of the nights we stayed there we ordered room service, and we ordered fish and we received chicken, after all these problems I thought it was my duty to talk to the manager, which I did n he told me that he would try and do something but unfortunately he did nothing.

The day I left the hotel I was very disappointed with the service with the hotel so I called again to speak to the manager, this time I spoke to someone different, she was very sympathetic and very understanding and told me she would call me bk. it has now been over one week from the time I stayed and I am still waiting for my call back.

I understand that this is a new hotel but I can tel u that due to the management that I have delt with I would not even rate this a one star hotel. It is disgusting behavior and totally not acceptable.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Siddiq A
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Siddiq,

I am very disappointed to read your posting above as we have quite obviously let you down in many ways as our guest and for that I would like to truly apologize.

The confusing website information and the mistakes made by our team are unacceptable and we are working very hard internally to develop a plan of action so that this situation does not happen again to future guests.

I am also very disappointed in the lack of follow up when you spoke to our leadership team, it is always very frustrating to hear of these types of issues in this manner so we will be in touch very shortly to discuss this with you and how we can make amends for our extremely poor performance during the time you were with us.

My sincere apologies again and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you in the future.

Oliver Key

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Have had a couple of massages here. They were fab. My only complaint would be, staff doesn't introduce you to the spa itself. My first visit, I just had the massage then left, my second visit I thought i'd have a look around, I ended up seeing a sign that said 'relaxation lounge' or something like that, so I went in and did just that. it's lovely, with a beautiful view of Emirates Palace, etc. and beautiful atmosphere. But again, if I'd not taken the initiative to walk around, i'd have just gone home again..they have sauna (which wasn't working, as I asked a staff member, but that's no big deal), jacuzzi, and steam room of course. Again, I had to explore to find them and massages aren't cheap, so it would have been nice to have been given that kind of tour of the spa. It really is amazing though, oh, the smells, so relaxing, spa is beautiful and staff is quite nice.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location on the Corniche. We had a beautiful room on the 33rd floor with amazing views of the Corniche and beyond. Lunch while relaxing by the pool was excellent - good range of choices on the menu, with both western and middle eastern food on offer. Everything we tried was delicious. The following day we had afternoon tea in the luxurious Cristal Lounge which was a very special experience - fun and interesting, thanks to our very knowledgeable tea sommelier. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dalglish01
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Visited when the hotel had only been officially open for about two weeks. It's a lovely and luxurious hotel with amazing views. One can only expect it to be amazing.

A few kinks were still being worked out and the hotel's beach and pool area across the street still had some work to be done before it could be operational. I totally want to go back when those are ready.

Staff still wasn't 100% comfortable with their standards and procedures but it's only normal. They all had the best attitude and service spirit, which is more important to me anyways.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank HeckitourGM
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This is the faultless type of hotel. From the complimentary personal butler service up to every detail everything is impeccably taken care of. One minus only for the breakfast. I thought initially that I was in the wrong restaurant . If the hotel in general is 6 stars , the breakfast gets 3 stars at most. I think the F&B manager should address this issue immediately.

• Stayed: October 2013
St Regis M, Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Macanila,

Thank you for sharing your comments, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us and I do appreciate your honest feedback on our breakfast service. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations in this area, but rest assured that we take these comments seriously and in fact we already made some changes on our breakfast offerings. Hopefully you can stay with us again to experience this change the next time you visit the city.

Management Team

Reviewed 22 October 2013

As I like to discover new hotels wherever I am traveling, I thought I would try the newly opened St Regis in Abu Dhabi. As it is in its first stage of opening, not all the food and beverage outlets nor the beach front are operational yet, however the room I stayed in (4408) was exceptional and all the staff willing to help and provide an enjoyable experience to the guests.
The overall hotel is very elegant, with a good balance between western and middle-eastern design. The bar is very elegant, provides a wide choice of cocktails, whiskies, cigars and I ordered some snacks from the menu that were very tasty.

Room Tip: High floor, corner room. 4408 was really nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Traveller_in_Style1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. Indeed we are in our early months of existence and the other areas of the hotel are expected to be operational soon. However I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel design and interiors and that our staff met your expectations, hopefully you can visit us again in the near future and that you can stay longer to experience all the facilities the hotel has to offer.

Oliver Key