“Truly outstanding!”

Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
san francisco
“Truly outstanding!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here with my family for four days in in November 2013. I stayed in many Four Seasons and other luxury hotels in the past. I choose this as my favorite hotel up until now. The hotel is really spectacular. It is beautifully and tastefully decorated. We stayed in 3718 which was the corner room with my two kids, my wife, four of us. The room was HUGE with everything you can ask for including great views. I want to bring in the showers to my home in San Francisco. The bathrooms are amazing!

The hotel is right in front of the corniche which is essentially a nice seaside promenade and running area for 6-7 miles. So we went on to walks every day. From the concierge we got complimentary passes to the Emirates beach resort to hang out at Emirates Beach for a day. That was also a memorable experience, especially for the kids.

I am very impressed and will be back if I make it to AD again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear bbbjjj,

Thank you very much for your gracious comments, the team and I are all very happy to know that you were impressed by the hotel and that you and your family enjoyed your time spent with us. It is very rewarding to receive such feedback and this will motivate the team even further to deliver service beyond expectations.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Abu Dhabi!

Oliver Key

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had dinner with some friends at Villa Toscana at Chef Stefano's common table. It's a table that sits around 20 people and where you don't choose your food...the Chef chooses it for you and what a wonderful surprise that is. Excellent dishes with fabulous presentation. Truly a feast for your taste and for the eyes. I will most definitely return and recommend it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
w
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had 5 days in the St Regis last week during ADIPEC. It's a really new property with a very high standard of quality and workmanship- but it slightly let down by the staff.

The hotel opened last summer and is really top notch from a decor point of view- facilities as well. Some high points are the cool bathroom mirrors that turn into a TV, the bar that feels like a library in an an exclusinve members club. The conference rooms are huge and really well-equipped and the wi-fi is great throughout the hotel. Rooms are really comfortable and large and the sea view of Marina Mall is great. Service is really friendly and you never have to go far to find help.

The areas that could be a bit better:
- check in and check out are really slow- lots of waiting. Needs to be sharper for this hotel to cater to business travellers.
- menu in the restaurant was a bit limited. You can't really get a light meal there- menu could be a bit bigger and more varied.
- pool is nice but small- gym facilities are also limited (no rowing machine, small amount of weights. Lots of runners/ bikes)
- service helpful but a bit disorganized- for example had to chase up laundry service as it hadn't been delivered to my room by the end of the day. And was offered coffee delivered with my wakeup call- one day it arrived before my wake up call, one day 10 min after.

All in all a nice hotel and will be great once they iron out the kinks.

Room Tip: Sea view is nice, but you get some car noise at night
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Weybridge_family
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had the pleasure to stay there last week end for a short break from Dubai and definitely the best hotel stay I had in Abu Dhabi, far ahead of jumeirah and emirates palace. Service is outstanding and product is 1st class. Well done for what sets to become the no.1 property in AD.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cairns Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

St. Regis Abu Dhabi is a stunning addition to the Abu Dhabi Corniche.

A very new hotel open for a few month's now the hotel has that extra wow factor and very beautiful rooms

All staff and the service its really truly amazing It has been a great experience from arrival to departure.

Many thanks St Regis....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 99Peter
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 3 November 2013

When entering the lobby, there is a definite wow factor, when you see the lounge and the grand staircase. This is how a St. Regis should look like. I got upgraded to a Junior Suite which was a nice touch and the entire journey from the reception to the room is very professional. I got escorted by the receptionist up to the 27th floor where I was greeted by the floor butler. The Jr Suite is well appointed but quite small. There was small hickups as the butler had trouble operating the remote which opens the curtains in the living room and while showing us the bathroom, the lights of the entire room switched off so he had to use his phone to navigate back to the front door to turn them on. To be honest it was difficult not to laugh.
On the first day we had dinner at Villa Toscana where Chef Stefano took great care of us and let us try some of his signature dishes. Unfortunately it was a dry night in Abu Dhabi so I couldn´t enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner. The next morning I made use of the complimentary coffee service provided by the butler. Promptly he arrived with our coffee, but sorry to say the Cappuccino was not up to scratch. Pretty much a flat white which obviously came from a fully automatic coffee machine. I suggest to replace your coffee machines with proper barista machines and give your butlers coffee training.
I then had lunch by the pool. It is nice, but is in the shade most of the day. The main deck of the pool restaurant is still closed, but that didn´t stop me from enjoying a delicious prawn and avocado salad which was simply amazing.
The last morning we went for breakfast at Rhodes 44 and had the best Eggs Benedict I have ever tasted.
Overall a great stay, service was good, but perhaps overattentive at times. There are some issues to sort out due to being a new hotel, but I will definitely revisit once the beach club opens.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joel H
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Joel H,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Abu Dhabi, it’s nice to know that you were impressed with the hotel interiors and that your over-all experience has met your expectations. I would however like to apologize for the teething problems you encountered, I appreciate your honest feedback regarding the staff and please be assured that constant training is one of our main priorities in our effort to deliver exceptional service for our guests.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope to welcome you back when the Nation Riviera Beach Club opens – hopefully it won’t be a dry night next time.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was truly disappointed with St Regis Abu Dhabi hotel.

I made the booking through SPG gold membership unaware that this was a new st regis and not the saadyat island one. When I got to saadyat island and realized the mistake, the st regis abu dhabi refused to change my booking to saadyat islan, even though it is the same hotel brand.

I ended up having to stay in a business hotel even though I wanted the resort type.

Now for the fun part of this hotel, since it is brand new there was almost nobody there and the service was very random. The pool was open but it only gets sun a couple of hours per day and the pool restaurant is still closed. The hotel beach is still under construction so you are stuck with the shadowed pool.

The rooms are nicely decorated but not operational yet. Our walk in shower flooded the entire bathroom, we called reception they said they fixed it (they didn't change our room) and next day the same thing happened again. This is truly unacceptable for what you pay.

In summary, they don't allow us to change booking to the hotel we wanted, the beach is under construction, the pool doesnt have shadow, pool restaurant is closed, our bathroom floded.

Avoid this place!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and make sure your room does not flood
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Grao_Mestre_V
Dear Grao_Mestre_V,

It is with much regret to learn that we did not meet your expectations when you stayed with us recently. The weeks before and during the F1 weekend is always the busiest in the city and this is probably why the booking transfer to The St. Regis Saadiyat was not possible during the time you were here. All of us at the St Regis Abu Dhabi are committed to ensuring that our guests receive the St Regis experience they expect to find when they stay in our hotel and I would like to sincerely apologize that you felt that we did not deliver this due in part to the delayed opening of our beach club. Your concerns about the bathroom floor is something our Engineering team are now working on to rectify, please be assured that our guests’ safety is our top priority.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I’m truly sorry to hear about your disappointment. I do hope you allow us the opportunity to make amends and demonstrate the level of service you expect when you decide to visit us in the near future so please let us know how we can get in touch with you directly as I would like to personally take care of your reservation arrangements next time.