The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$174
US$173
US$524
US$311
1,723 results
All reviewsbutler servicevilla toscanabeach clubterrace restaurantcrystal loungenation towersremede spagrand deluxe suitechampagne saberingunderground tunnelbeautiful hotelitalian restaurantpersonal butlermarina mallbeach accessswim up barkids club
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The best hotel I have stayed at!
Checking in was easy and relaxing, as we were seated comfotably while everything was being organised.
Door openers 24/7, arabic coffee in the lobby, with beautiful classic arabic architecture vs modern design through out the hotel.
The shampoo, hair and conditioner is even amazing!
The presidential suite, in between each building was extremely spacious, with a perfect view over Abu Dhabi.
The other rooms, were also very spacious, with natural lighting, and beautiful views.
Robes are included, as were slippers, which was a very nice touch.
A good selection at the buffet. The food was delicious, with a variety to choose from. The truffle mac cheese was my favourite on the menu! The healthy breakfast, and the fruit platter, with fresh juice to start off my day was also a favourite.
A very nice and chilled pool area.
A serene and tranquil spa, offering detoxifying exotic teas.
A huge hotel, with beautiful interior. The hotel is the perfect size to get around, not too big, not too small.
Best of all, the SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!
This hotel was perfect!
Cons: This hardly bothered me at all, but the bathroom floor gets quite wet during showers, and the toilet wouldn't flush on one occasion (One phone call, and they were very quick to fix this). Regardless, best hotel stay I have ever had!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pkou
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Pkou,

Many thanks for making my day! Comments such as yours are really great to read and I would like thank you for taking the time to post them on Trip Advisor. I have shared your feedback to the team and they were equally pleased to know that they've met your every expectation. We also took note of your observation regarding the bathroom issues, please be assured that these are now being reviewed and will be improved in the coming weeks.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

First, the bad: We were involuntarily downgraded from a St. Regis Suite to a Grand Deluxe Suite and upon check in, the agent lied to us and told us it was an upgrade.

Now that that's out of the way, the property itself is gorgeous and brand new. The lobby is very grand and even though it was apparently very busy, it never felt like a "busy" city hotel. The breakfast was also absolutely fantastic -- among my few favorites at any hotel I've ever been to as both the quality and variety was excellent. Lots of very good hot dishes on the buffet and lots of good fruits and pastry.

The spa was also great and I had a great massage from a very nice Balinese masseuse.

The main negatives here mainly seemed like teething problems of a new hotel. I was concerned that a few of our calls to butler service that required call back were not given any follow up at all, but I attribute a lot of this to the fact that the staff all communicate in English which is, largely, not their first language. I'm sure that makes things hard, but if they want seamless service here, they really need to iron that out. Having to call back 3 times just to find out if they have hair spray is not acceptable at a St. Regis.

I also wasn't thrilled about the pool area which gets very little sun as it's blocked by buildings nearby most of the day (and has no wifi despite being right next to the main building???), and when we were there the beach club wasn't ready yet. No apology was offered and no alternate beach accommodations were in place... again, not acceptable for a St. Regis.

Next time, we'll probably try the property on Saadiyat Island.

The property itself was absolutely 5 star. The breakfast is as well. The service is probably 3-4/5 at this point and some things that should be obvious like having an arrangement with another beach while your own beach club is still under construction should be no brainers at a 5 star hotel. We also certainly didn't appreciate the involuntary downgrade--particularly in light of the fact that the staff member tried to claim it was an upgrade.

Room Tip: Try to get a corniche and city view room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SoundGuyDC
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear SoundGuyDC,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of the hotel, highlighting both the positive and negative points you experienced during your stay.

It is great to know that over-all you were impressed by the hotel’s interior décor and that you were happy with our breakfast offerings, as well as the service you received from our Remede Spa. On the other hand, your comments about the teething issues you experienced were all very fair. I believe our Guest Relations Manager has been in touch with you to personally apologize and address the concerns you had at check-in and I I hope these were resolved to your satisfaction. I can assure you that the team are going through an extensive training program to deliver on the service expectations for this hotel and we hope that you will come back to visit us again in the near future to allow us to make amends for the challenges incurred on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for sharing your valuable comments and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very good location, new hotel with beautiful surroundings.
Check-in was smooth. Hotel amenities was also good. Dinner at Villa Toscana was amazing.
Breakfast at Rhodes 44 could have been great, but little disappointing that there were some cold food items (not well cooked). Strangely, entire crew was good, except the 2 ladies that looked like supervisors (tall huge lady with glasses) who were arrogant.
Guest services were also good, with free coffee and tea service throughout the day.

Check-out was a blunder, in this day and age, 20 to 25 mins waiting time for check out is not heard off. there are ways in which hotel could improve their check-out process.

Will I go there again? Yes, give them some time.
Also, the mall connected to St. Regis is still under construction.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jeetendra C,

Thank you for taking the time share your feedback, I am pleased to know that you liked the hotel over-all, but quite disappointed to read that you had some issues with a couple of our service areas, I hope it didn't detract too much from the enjoyment of your stay. Please be rest assured that your concerns have been addressed with our leadership team and further improvement on the check-out process is now in place. Thank you and I appreciate that you allowed us the opportunity to impress you once again when you visit us next time.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This new hotel and its staff are the best, it's a great hotel for business trip or luxury. It's over 50 floors and most of the rooms above 35th level with amazing sea view or city view. The staff are from many nationalities and all of them are very kind and helpful.
I stayed in many hotels but nothing compares to this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear SigCooper,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, I am extremely pleased to know that our team met your expectations and we look forward to welcome you back at the hotel the next time you visit Abu Dhabi!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a fabulous new hotel with wonderful friendly staff we were made to feel very special. Each time we entered the lobby we were met by at least half a dozen greetings and offers of assistance. Our room was very spacious and ideal as we had two children with us. The room was filled with wall to ceiling glass on the one side allowing us to be wowed by the spectacular view. The room had all the extra amenities you expect from a 5* property including the butler service who provided (in particular for me) tea and coffee whenever required.
The beach area of this property is yet to be completed however, we were offered complimentary transport to The Emirates Palace Beach Club where the pools & beach is outstanding. The breakfast staff got to know us and made an effort to remember some of our preferences which was a lovely touch and we really appreciated it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family