“Truly Top Grade”

The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
Ranked #6 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just got back from an amazing stay at St Regis Abu Dhabi. I don't know were to start..... Checkin was fast and easy and so very painless. The team did forget about one or two of my requests for bday however they made up for it BIG TIME! Had a non-smoking room with see view (see view is amazing and so worth it! The butler service is quick and easy. Tea and coffee made for you by the butler service, had laundry that needed to be done and the butler sorting everything out! The in room dinning menu is one of the best I've ever seen, it's so good we had food in the room and totally forgot about trying local food (sorry). Bed is so comfortable I slept right through my alarm and the amenities in the room are very good. The staff are very, very, correction extremely friendly, staff always ask if you are well and if there is anything they can do to make your stay better! Beach club is across the road and in other reviews I saw that people said it quite the walk.....not at all. Quick and easy and the whole walk is airconded. Beach club is only about 70% completed but the indoor facilities which the have is very nice. Again staff very friendly and stop to talk to you. St Regis made me feel like a king and I forgot about the stressful world we live in today! The only negative thing is that I had to leave! Staff follow up on any problem as well as insuring that all is ok. Don't get me wrong they don't over do it to the point you are sick of it but the have service down to a T! Hotel is very well located and taxi service is quick and easy! Chckout is fast and easy too and we were given the option to stay the afternoon and enjoy the beach club but we had to get moving! So should you stay hell yes, 100% u will not be disappointed! Truly amazing stuff St Regis and too the management team, well done!! So coming back, started planning another trip already!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The pool is the perfect size and the ambience just perfect. Pool bar with amazing chillout music. The service is one of the best in the city, very kind employees. The beach is very good too, and the sunbathing chairs are very confortable. Once the club is fully open with all the restaurants, it will be the best beach club in town by far. PLUS, there is an amazing kids club to it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Coxito,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us this extensive kind review of our Nation Riviera Beach Club! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the pool, the bar and the service provided by our team. I shared your comments with our team and they were very happy to hear. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Oliver Key

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Of all the hotels i've stayed in, no other celebrates the concept of Butler so well. It is the single most distinguishing factor of this hotel. The personalization and promptness of service is fantastic. I have never felt so cared for in any other hotel till date.

The property in itself is really great. The pool is a clean and safe (4ft x 25 m) and makes for a relaxing swim. It isn't your typical crowded business hotel. It's luxury with business.

Irrespective of anything else, I just loved the St. Regis Butler service so much - was very very comfortable staying here. And yes, if you are on a romantic holiday, this is the perfect place for you - the rooms and restaurants are designed for romance ;) ! [Of course, you need some deep pockets too...but it's worth it.]

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Anand H,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. The St. Regis Butler provides several signature services to our guests and all is done in a personalized and bespoke way. I am delighted to hear that our team exceeded your expectations and has made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Oliver Key

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Before I get to the butler, the hotel was amazing--it oozes luxury throughout. On a budget I took the least expensive offering available, which resulted in one of the most luxurious bathrooms and beautifully decorated rooms I've ever encountered. The 34th floor view over Abu Dhabi was fine as it goes for a tree-less landscape. So, what does one do with a butler--I wondered before checking in. Once in the hotel, however, the answer became obvious. I requested a tour of the amazing property--the lobby, restaurants, swimming areas, etc. The highlight was a tour of the amazing bridge suite which is a palace unto itself. On a practical level, the hotel's location is perfect for business, right on the Abu Dhabi corniche with easy road connection to anywhere in the city. At the same time, the pool and beach accessed through a James Bond tunnel means you are definitely at a beach resort. For $190 US I could not ask for more, and have booked four more days for as little as $150 a night. (These are promotions, not always available.) I had just got back from a real "paradiso" in Tangalle, Sri Lanka whose charm consisted of 80% natural splendor and 20% beautiful, rustic architecture. The St. Regis Abu Dhabi reverses that with 20% for excellent city/beach environment and 80% for being an incredibly luxurious, well-appointed property.

Room Tip: My guess is that all rooms are fabulous--I got the least expensive available and was extremely impre...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank upandhi
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our initial plan was to stay overnight but since the meeting finished earlier than we expected we checked out without spending a night. We checked in early morning around 06:30 am. The front desk check-in process was quite fast as our rooms were ready already. The room was nicely clean, and super good view to the sea and the Marina Mall, if I am correct, from the 40th floor. Bathroom was clean and greatly organized. Good selection of toiletries. Hairdryer had two selection of nozzles, which may seem small stuff to somebody, but was very thoughtful for guests with various needs. I would recommend the hotel for stay. You may also order the hotel pick up service from the airport, they would send you nice Bentley, with wi-fi service as well.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are nice.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I arrived at the hotel, to a warm and efficient welcome. The check-in area is relaxed, the process made easy by the professional team. I made my way to the 42nd floor to a Junior Suite that was luxurious, comfortable and not to mention, huge. A bowl of fresh fruit, a plate of wonderful cheeses and breads was waiting for me in the lounge - great! My luggage arrived a few moments later.
The bedroom is extremely comfortable and cozy, which ensured a fabulous and quiet nights' rest.
Breakfast in the Gary Rhodes restaurant is a good experience in variety, quality and service.
Do try the Beach Club - a bit of a trek via the 3rd floor pool, two lifts and a fair walk but worth it! The marble underpass is in itself memorable! The pool team are extremely helpful and welcoming, offering chilled bottles of water, helping with parasols, towels and sunbeds. The pool itself is cooled, has 'shower sprays' all round, and offers shallow entry points to laze around in while reading!
Room service has to be experienced! I loved it. Real care is taken with all details and presentation - the food was always hot, tasty and expertly prepared by the culinary team.
You don't need to look very far for a member of the team for assistance - the Butler Service is superb!

Room Tip: High floor, with beach views ensure you can see a long way up the Corniche.
3  Thank HospitalityTraveller
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, we where put in room 3918 on the 39th floor for 3 nights. It was a gorgeous room, very spacious with glorious views of the city and the beach. Part of me wishes we were higher. Can't please everyone right.
The hotel is gorgeous, huge, very airy and filled with beautiful lighting. Even though it was busy it didnt feel cramped with people. I love that. It has life and is a very classy hotel. It is also very close to attractions including al wah... Mall, grand mosque, emirates towers, marina mall, Emirates place and more. The food was excellent when we had in room dining. There is lots to do at the hotel spa (will get to that shortly), restaurants, boutique shops, swimming pool, fitness centres (yes centres), afternoon tea by Gary Rhodes, beach, beach club and much more.

Though I am a little uncomfortable with butler services generally and I have stayed in top hotels including banyan tree, kempeski, 137 pillars, ritz etc where they wait on you with militant precision.

The staff here are different, they truly look after you. To us they are the stars of the hotel.
Check in was quick, thanks to Zhoa, I love that the first thing you see is an atrium and not check in desks when you first walk in.
Shivram and the rest of the door staff were amazing -Thank you.
Our butlers Faysal and. Abhishrek (I think I have misspelled that) - thank you for looking after us, I regret not having enough change to tip you guys you are amazing. Thank you.
Basel at the concierge -Thank you
Sisters beauty lounge - the best shellac manicure I have ever had, I had Alma, my mum had Ema, they were amazing, the lounge is clean clean and clean, airy, comfortable and welcoming. The treatment is well thought out, lots of little touches that made me think wow. I won't give them away, better you experience it yourself. I love my nails and they still look good 7 days later. Again I have done many spas. I am happy to brag about it. I know a good treatment to a bad. Been to top and basic beauty saloons and spas. This is different. It was amazing.

As for Remede Spa, what can I say, relaxing, gorgeous and loved our treatments. Got there at 2 left at 6:30, it was just so out of this world. Sutini my mum had... Begins with an A, can not remember her name. Couldn't tip as had no change. They are both amazing therapists. I hope they are still working at Remede when I return to Abu Dhabi. The spa is beautiful, I feel that the hotel really looks after women. Within the spa there is a women only gym with state of the art equipment , so women can workout comfortably. If women wanted to they could also use the mixed use gym. I suggest the female only that way you get to use the steam and sauna and jacuzzi.
Last but not least is the star of the spa for me aka Juvelyn, she was so helpful and so friendly and kind. She is a star. She helped me put together a package that was amazing. She was sorting all of this prior to our arrival in Abu Dhabi. Thank you Juvelyn we are really grateful.

Overall experience was really good. We didn't get welcome chocolates, cupcakes as seen in some pics. Actually wait, we got dates. I think that's better and more in keeping with emirati traditions. Would I/we return? Yes in a heart beat.

Con,
Maybe I misread the small print. I was charged for two pieces of laundry. I thought it was free as guests get two pieces of laundry service free. I would still return and that's a small thing,

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms on high floors, we had a corner suit, the weird shape gave extra extra room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple