6 people are viewing this hotel
StRegis.com
US$282
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$286
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Trip.com
US$266
Booking.comUS$286
Agoda.comUS$286
Hotels.comUS$286
2,991 results
All reviews butler service villa toscana beach club terrace restaurant crystal lounge champagne sabering nation towers underground tunnel personal butler italian restaurant beautiful hotel junior suite special thanks marina mall amazing service special mention half board
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2014

We almost checked out of this hotel due to the rude check in process and our room not being ready after 4pm. The check in process was terrible and only when we asked for a manager did we receive the service expected out of a St. Regis. Our butler was somewhat rude when we did get into our room and though overall the room was beautiful it was showing some wear and tear including missing the vanity mirror in the bathroom and a curtain that was not closable. These items were never fixed during our stay even though we pointed them out to the front desk. Service is an issue at this hotel in many areas from the beach club to the butler, which prompted me to write the General Manger. To the credit of the hotel and the General Manager he met with me, listened to our concerns and addressed them. I found him to be a stand up person and though we did not ask for anything he took care of us. The service did get better towards the end of our week stay and given the change in service and the stand up character of the General Manager I would consider coming back to this hotel given its location, rooms and beach. This hotel was a miss and then a hit.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank VoxVolpe
Reviewed 22 November 2014

My partner and I had wonderful stay at the St Regis Abu Dhabi We were looking for luxurious relaxation and that is just what we got.
The room is spacious and well done and the decor is just elegant and tasteful. I loveee the bathroom and the amenities, we got an early check in as we arrived very early in the morning. there are two pools in this hotel, one in the 3rd floor and the other one is in the beach club, you have to take the elevator to B2 to go there. both are very nice and clean. staff are very polite and extremelly helpful especially in the beach club. the only issue we had was only the shower room which they couldnt do anything about but duty manager Mr. Salah was so helpful and tried his best to solve this problem for us.

Overall very nice and luxury hotel, do not hesitate just book! :-)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2014

Overall can really recommend it. Good value for money. Staff is nice, rooms are well equipped, you can also profit from a butler service, although this is more of a marketing topic (when I wanted the to make a reservation, they once refused, I had to insist and tell them that I can expect this from a butler service). But this didn't change our impression that this is a very good hotel. They have a beach club which is nice. Newly built as well, a bit far to walk, but ok. Beach is average, many small stones as well as construction waste in the water.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Hotel Service at the St Regis is good from the bellman to the concierge to the butler -- everyone was very pleasant and really lovely, efficient and eager to please.
My husband has stayed there several times and is a Starwood SPG member. I tagged along on this trip and stayed at the hotel for 6 days.
Our room was nice with a lovely view, unfortunately the carpet was stained, the wall cracked, the shower would not drain and the toilet smell was AWFUL, like methane. We complained about the stench from the toilet a couple of times and were told that unfortunately -- "that's the way it is." At check out, we reported it again and my husband ultimately got an email from the management saying they were sorry and providing him with 5,000 starwood points.
The shower drove me insane. because it would not drain, after every shower there was a pool of water on the bathroom floor that required several towels to absorb.
Breakfast is included with the room -- a large buffet with good food and friendly service. Speaking with friends and colleagues, the b'fast buffet was pretty typical of hotels of that level.
Our only other meal at the hotel was at the roof top café near the pool. Service was friendly, but slow. I ordered a glass of Prosecco -- my first glass are absolutely flat. While it was quickly replaced, I was surprised that a 4 star hotel would even serve a glass of flat Prosecco.
While the hotel's main lobby is opulent with a huge double staircase, piano player, chandeliers and lots of gold AND the bellman, concierge and butler were very nice, that's where the 4 star feeling ended. I would not consider the rooms or the food 4 star.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kaj2600
Reviewed 13 November 2014

On arrival you are greeted by porter who offers to take your suit and dress carriers,these were carefully handled as we had an immediate wedding to attend. They dump it carelessly, they do not hang it on the trolley bar. By the time you get it... The dress is of the hanger and cruelly crushed in the bottom of the carrying case.
The check in is a tedious process of fanciful nonsense...can take time as desks are often unmanned.

Booked a Grand Deluxe Sea View room, sadly it was not ready at check in. Though the standard check in time is at 3pm, our check in which was past 3pm was not catered for. Plus being a SPG gold member no preferences were indicated or offered. We needed a room immediately as we needed to change and rush for an event, on insisting on a room we find out that similar rooms are actually available.

On arrival in our room...we have a splendid welcome message on three different TV screens, "welcome Mr Herring..." (not my name) Every time you call for any service they kept greeting me as Mr Herring, even the room service bills came addressed to a Mr Herring. Friends calling for me could not connect to my room as the room no is not occupied by me, but by a Mr Herring. This went on until the next morning at 10 am. (I've got the pictures to prove these points too.)

So much for personalized service. Horrible is not the word.

The bath tub looks great, but does not retain water, the stopper is not good. Plus the bath tub has cracks in it too. The shower door cannot be closed tight, so the water floods the wash basin area badly.

Check out process... They first charge the card, after that they give you the invoice without even offering it to you to check first.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
St Regis M, General Manager at The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2014

Dear DunamisArt,

I was very disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a memorable one. I shared your feedback with the team to ensure that measures are taken and this does not happen again. My team and I do apologize for the error on the name, which was due to a last moment change in the room allocated to meet your request. This is a human error that however should not have happened and impacted your experience.

Once again, please do accept my apologies and I do hope to have the opportunity to show you that this is an isolated experience and not the service we aim to provide to our guests.

Sincerely yours,