“Great property”

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Spent four-nights here over the Abu Dhabi Formula 1 Weekend. It was great in most every way.
My only concern is with being isolated. I didnt have a car and there is no place you can walk to or anything close. But... you do need a car pretty much anywhere you go in Abu Dhabi - it's not a "walk around" type of place - due to the crazy heat!
The hotel is beautiful - even though there is construction going on (building the spa). The construction was never a problem and you didnt know it was there except when you entered and exited. I loved my view of the mangroves and the birds along the estuary. The skyline of the city was in the distance - yet a very close cab ride away. I am not a beach person, but i did hear one person comment that the only thing missing was a beach. There is a lovely pool complex however. The two restaurants - "Ingreadients" and "parasomething.... (Thai cuisine) were both outstanding. I have never seen such an extensive multi-national breakfast buffet anywhere. It was quite remarkable (at Ingredients - the all day dining restaurant). And I HATE dinner buffets, but i got dragged to Ingreadients with friends one night - and it too was outstanding. Many items cooked to order - such as grilled fish and dim sum, also a raw bar and a sushi bar. All excellent and amazing variety. The staff are friendly and welcoming throughout the hotel, and the rooms are outstanding. Large, comfortable, well appoointed for a business traveler. The bathrooms are giant and offer really nice amenities and a wonderful shower. The beds are comfortable and great. I would return here - with a car....

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms overlooking the mangroves
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank yecats59
Nehme D, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your first experience and hopefully it won’t be the last one. As speaking on behalf of the Eastern Mangroves team we all look forward to welcoming you back even before the next Formula1 in 2013.

Kind regards,

Nehme Darwiche
Hotel Manager
Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
ndarwiche@anantara.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed here on business in September 2012. Fantastic hotel. Great service, friendly. Staff always happy to chat, especially Romana. Food was good, pool nice and room was amazing.

The air con was noisy but the engineer showed me how to turn it off completely so I slept we'll. bed was fab and huge. Bathroom was great with bath and walk in shower. Loved it all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank turnipgreen
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We booked the hotel through our Anantara Vacation Club and stayed 2 nights from 29-30 Oct. We came to the hotel by taxi from Dubai and it was pretty easy to locate the hotel even our driver doesn’t know much of Abu Dhabi. The front part of the hotel is still under either construction or renovation, but it has nothing to do with the part that operates inside.
Getting out of taxi, there were 2-3 staffs coming to help me out with the luggage, very impressive. It was at the end of Eid holiday and most people have checked out the day before, but the hotel is still kept in nice and clean condition. 4-5 big piles of different dates to taste at the lobby have created a good atmosphere of being in the region.
Grand lobby with a view of the pool behind and then mangroves further out is superb. Bedroom is as good as it get as it has just open in June 12. I like the bed with a smell of new linen.
I can guess that the bathroom was meant to put the see- through glass in which you can enjoy having a bath and absorbing the view outside in the same time, but then was changed into mirror to suit the region.
We tried Thai restaurant for both nights and have a ‘thump up’ for the taste and quality of the food. Also the roof top bar on 7th floors is a must. Sitting outside, looking over all the mangroves to see the view of the city at night was very nice and relax.
Another plus is hotel concierge, Karim and Mohammad, they are very helpful and keen to assist with good advice, suggestion to suit our need. We don’t have much time in the city, but talking to them with our preference, they can come up with the best solutions.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tao_th45
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Living quite close to the hotel, its very unlikely that I would ever stay here, but as I like to eat and drink I wanted to check this hotel out.

One afternoon I came with my family, a fantastic welcome was given - there we mountains of dates on large plates in the lobby which were delicious. We wanted to have a coffee/tea with some cakes and wanted to sit outside. We were directed to the area by the pool. The waiter eventually came with the poolside menus. We ordered our drinks and he was very confused by our cake/cookie/muffin request (anything like this for my small children). After many requests for the water to come first (the kids were thirsty) he came with a tray of coffee & tea...then walked back into the kitchen. After a few more minutes he came out again, still without the water and then had the wrong order! After waiting 20 minutes (and the place was not busy) we decided enough was enough and cancelled our order. Very disappointed.

I must add I did not stay at the hotel so I do not know what the rooms are like. Maybe we just had a bad waiter, but it has tainted my view of what looks like such a nice place.

Anyone eaten in the restaurants?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank VestanPance123

Dear Guest,

I am really sorry that you have had such a negative experience on your recent visit at our pool deck, I would like to apologise on behalf of the Eastern Mangroves team.

I will send you a private message to address this issue and please contact me directly at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Nehme Darwiche
Hotel Manager
Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 29 October 2012

An amazing hotel offering wonderful views over the Mangroves and excellent food and service. Our upgraded club room was spacious and extremely well appointed. The managerial staff and more experienced waiting staff are extremely efficient and friendly. The only negative point was the discourteous attitude of the hostess when showing us to our table for the delicious champagne brunch; not allowed to choose our table for two although we were the first people there. However, the lunch was excellent!! I would suggest that a room with a mangrove view should be booked if possible as our room view onto the spa roof was not the most exciting (although an upgrade) . On the whole, a great experience and we intend to revisit but with a prebooked mangrove view and hopefully the assurance of a table of our choice in the dining room.

Room Tip: Book a mangrove view...worth paying extra for!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronella-0311
Reviewed 16 October 2012

as a frequent visitor to Abu dhabi my friend recommended the hotel on my last trip to the city, at first i was surprised i thought i was in a construction area but once in the hotel everything changed reception were very nice i got a big nice room with a nice view. Mr. Jawad the rooms manager was very good and Karim from concierge arranged unforgettable tours, i enjoyed my stay a lot and will come back again, only one thing is that the hotel is far from down town Abu Dhabi and shopping centers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JF117
Nehme D, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor,

We are happy that you liked the view and the Rooms, and thank you for mentioning Jawad and Karim who felt very proud,

I would like to share with you an info in regards of the complex, Eastern Mangroves is becoming the destination for shopping and Dining by h the first Q1 of 2013 as we will be featuring in the Promenade section, brands and Dining experiences,

And Exactly 5 min form our hotel, Mushref MAll just opened featuring 225 stores with international brands,

Since you are a frequent traveler may I ask you to write to us on your next trip and let us assist you with your reservation and trip,

Sincerely

Nehme Imad Darwiche

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We spent three nights at this hotel. The trip started off a bit rocky, as the driver was 45 minutes late picking us up from the airport. The hotel staff was excellent and we loved the arabic coffee and selection of dates as you walk in. Rooms were great and well equipped. The pool was great and very kid friendly since it is not very deep. There needs to be a dedicated egg station for breakfast as it was very confusing on who was responsible for preparing eggs and other food stuff. Overall a good experience and we would do it again.

Room Tip: amazing view facing the mangroves
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeddahduc
Nehme D, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay with the airport pick up, we assure you that this has been rectified, we revisited our procedures and made sure that more certainty will take place on pick up time,

As for the eggs station, we allocated now a separate area in Ingredients Western Kitchen Station, and by the end of the Year we are building an Egg station separated to serve that purpose,

On your next visit, please write to me so I can personally assist you with your Booking,

Nehme Imad Darwiche