“" The best location, the best service, amazing hotel"”

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“" The best location, the best service, amazing hotel"”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Where do I start??? Well I stayed with my wife at the eastern mangroves for our honeymoon. Obviously I wanted it to be the most amazing experience ever as it was for such a special occasion. Eastern mangroves hotel with all its staff provided everything that I wished. Seriously the room was beautiful and spacious with a lovely view of the mangroves and pool. The hotel is nice and quiet, where you can relax and enjoy the experience with your wife. My wife absolutely loved everything about the eastern mangroves. The staff were so professional, polite, helpful,on the ball and just perfect. I had been in regular contact with the eastern mangroves almost 2 months before I went, that is because I wanted to arrange a special evening for my wife, so they arranged a private dinner with a violinist, dinner of my choice and a beautiful terrace. I must say a special thanks to Tarlan and Bridgit who made all this possible. You both were amazing. Also I must thank the concierge manager Karim, who helped me plan my week stay there, he was fantastic with making it perfect, he's a very honest guy who gave us the best advice, he also gave me a sim card to use while I was there which was very kind.
I hope I haven't missed anybody out, everybody was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anybody, whether its for honeymoon, family or business. Your just a short distance to the main places to visit in Abu Dhabi, whether its shopping or sights. Taxis are cheap, always around. People are friendly aswell. I would have been happy spending the whole week at the hotel if I could, that's how great it was. If you need anything they are all very helpful, especially Tarlan, Karim, Bridgit and the handsome Moroccan man who works at reception haha. Amazing experience, thank you kindly.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Sameedi
Nehme D, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Congratulations again on your marriage!

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am very pleased to know that you and your wife have enjoyed our service and your experience with us. It is truly uplifting to read such sweet feedback.

We are very happy that some of our individuals were there to give you all attention required to make your stay an "amazing one".

Rest assured, we are pleased to seeing you back at Eastern Mangroves!

ndarwiche@anantara.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 December 2012

So I booked a suite online from Anantara's website to celebrate our anniversary my wife and I, when I got to the hotel to check in, it took them a while to find my reservation when they did I was told that a VIP was staying from the previous night and he/she decided to extend their stay so they can't accommodate us! I contacted the reservation manager who claimed to try to accommodate me unfortunately he did not get back to me at all!

Dont bother booking online, if need be they will walk you away with no alternative accommodation. Very unprofessional.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Eggbertt
Nehme D, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Dear Guest,

We have received your feedback through GHA too and we thank you for taking the time to write to us. At Anantara we take Feedback as a blessing.

I sincerely apologize on the non availability of your suite on the time of check in and please take my words on it we were not happy either that we could not offer you what you have booked.

We would like to request that you offer us one more chance so we can take you through a genuine Anantara Stay, please let us invite you so you can experience the real Anantara experience at Eastern Mangroves.

On that day we did not deliver but I personally promise you that when you come back as our guest you will feel our passion to serve and I am sure that you and your wife will have an amazing story to take back with you,

We apologize again and we look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2012

'During our holiday in Abu Dhabi we went to visit a new Anantara hotel, The Eastern Mangroves. It is in a lovely situation by the waterside. On entering we were welcomed with Arabic coffee and dates. This was such a nice touch as were we not even staying in the hotel, or have a reservation. We ate in Ingredients on the terrace which looks over the mangroves and it was so relaxing. The food was amazing, we were sorry we couldn't sample everything as there was so much to choose from! We asked what other restaurants there were and had a tour to the lounge bar upstairs, we were blown away by the views. Unfortunately we ran out of time so could not try the Thai restaurant but next time we travel to Abu Dhabi we will be sure to return to Eastern Mangroves. The staff were amazingly friendly and we liked the arabic feel'

Room Tip: We didn't stay overnight - but intend to next time!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carrie P
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review. I am so pleased you have enjoyed our service during your recent visit at Eastern Mangroves. We are also looking very much forward to have you experiencing our guest rooms and pool deck which we are sure you will like and enjoy.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Very great hotel for family. Well furnished rooms. Very friendly and qualified staff around there to help you.

A little far off from the city. But good location for a leisurely stay.

Overall, it s a great hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the mangroves. The balcony of the rooms facing the highway are noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank cheenu1424
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your holiday with us and have had a relaxing experience.

On behalf of the team, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Once again I am yet to be disappointed with the service and luxury quality of Anantara - I have now stayed in all UAE properties and amazed each and every time. The Suite was stunning and the food were spot on - Thanks again Anantara

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ali C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us that you are entirely satisfied with all 3 Anantara properties within the UAE. I can only adivse you to experience more of our exclusive locations, such as Maldives and/or Thailand.

You will be surprised.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Let me first of all, thank all the staff from Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara. This truly is an amazing hotel with good service. My daughter fell ill the second day in and was treated like royalty! I felt it was home from home. The food was amazing, the rooms were clean and ''cossy'' with a beautiful view, wonderfull Spa.... I can not say enough good things. Everything was AMAZING....Thank you, Thank you Thank you! Will be coming home soon....

Room Tip: exellent quality - money balance
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Andreea7_12
Nehme D, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review & we trust your daughter is well again.
I will share your comments with the team which I am sure will make them happy.

I look forward to welcoming you soon to your Abu Dhabi home.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Good service, nice rooms , beautiful view , good food, and wonderful spa. It has been an experience more than a vacation. The hotel is almost close to everything in the city knowing that it has all the facilities and entertainment needed. This hotel fits for vacation, business, and even honeymoons.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank RonyJreish
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your postive review.
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your experience with us.
Please visit again soon.