“relaxed luxury”

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
Ranked #20 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Staff are delightful, and care about the guests. I recommend the Spa.

The food at the lunch buffet was fresh, varied and delicious.

Spacious room with an extremely comfortable bed. Lovely experience..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I went to the hotel when I was in Au dhabi for business. The hotel is close to the exhibition center in Abu Dhabi. The rooms are big super clean and the amenities are very good for example there are bath salts. The toilet is super big and shower is amazing. There is only one infinity pool. The chairs next to the pool are comfortable. Tr menus on the pool area is a bit strange with very in popular selection. We would have hoped for more like pool snacks. The staff is nice and friendly.

Room Tip: 200aed to ake the mangrove view so u can live without it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shereen H
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I went there three times. The sea side cafe is really nice, as it overlooks the water, yet te service is not what you expect from such a hotel. Their sea side cafe menu is very limited. The nice thing though is when you enter the lobby, you would be received with a pile of good dates and Arabic coffee. The problem is that no one to serve it! I don't mind going again but my hopes are back to where they ought to be...

• Stayed: February 2013
Moritz K, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Ahmad A,

Thank you for your recent feedback and observations during your past visits.
Please be assured to see us improving and delivering the service every Anantara guest deserves.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Two night stay on business. Accommodation and staff excellent. Only dropped it one rating as the restaurant seemed expensive and not special. Located in new development area so a bit far from tourist areas however taxis are very cheap.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gavin L,

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction about your recent stay at Eastern Mangroves with us.
Especially the team is happy to find their recognition by our guest. During your next visit please try our “Pool Deck” restaurant where we offer delicious Greek Cuisine to reasonable prices.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have lived in the UAE for 6 years and having left was back for a business trip and hence booked this appalling place. I stayed from the 15th - 18th April 2013.

On arrival everything was OK but not to the standard I expect from a 5* in AD. I had to take my own bags up to my room and was not offered concierge.

Breakfast is fine but this hotel does not have a pork licence.

Dinner in the Relections resturant was average. The Asian resturant is superb you would not think it is in the same hotel.

I had no hot water in my room and called for this to be fixed at 9.30am and then left to go to a meeting I came back at 12pm and tried to shave and shower yet still no hot water. I phoned again and decided to go to the gym (rather good and well kitted out). On the way I popped to reception and said I was off to the gym for 2hrs and can they make sure my hot water would be sorted. On my return it has still not been fixed, so once again phoned and they then sent someone who could'nt fix it! I was finally moved to another room.

On the 17th April I planned to spend time next to the pool in the afternoon. When I arrived they were setting up for an event which comprised of drilling, sawing and constant hammering by the workers. I asked for the pool menu to be told there was no food due to the event. I was also informed that I had to leave the pool area at 5pm for this event.

As I couldn't get food at the pool and was not correctly dressed for the resturant I returned to my room to order room service. The person on the end of the phone didn't have a clue what was in the menu and kept saying I wanted the Angus Beef when I was asking for the Wagyu Beef. I waited for over an hour to get my food.

The glass in the mini bar had lipstick over it and nor was the mini bar stocked with what was on the menu etc.

I spoke to the manager but he wasn't particulary interested.

Don't waste your money there are far better places in AD.

PS. The hotel is already falling apart and has only be open 6 months.

Room Tip: Get the mangrove side else you will be sleeping next to the 5 lane highway into AD.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank debbie m
Moritz K, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear Debbie M,

I regret that you have not been impressed with the product and services provided and sincerely apologise if we have not lived up to our promise. We endeavour to make all our guests comfortable and indulge in luxury and clearly have failed in delivering this experience to you.

I would appreciate if you may get in touch with me directly to further discuss the shortfalls during your stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The 2 nights stay at easterern mangroves was a perfect getaway our family of four enjoyed.the best part of the hotel is its location and the waterfront experience with greenery that was so soothing.we would love to come back soon.
Niliya (u.a.e. resident)

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Niliya,

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction about your recent weekend getaway at Eastern Mangroves on Trip Advisor. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

New luxury 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi. Large room (57 m2) with comfortable bed, spatious bathroom and balcony with a wonderful view overlooking Mangrove Lagoon & forest . Quiet and nice pool area with relaxing lounge music.The service, the spa and the fitnesscenter was amazing! We love it!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ulrikatadvisor,

Thank for this lovely review. Short and straight to the point, thank you!
Please visit us again during your next UAE visit.