“A great weekend away for Dubai dwellers”

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
Ranked #21 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Anantara Eastern Mangroves last weekend and, overall, had a fantastic time.

We came as part of the Big Weekend Escape promotion (and stayed an extra night) and found it to be extremely good value for money. Our room was upgraded to a Mangroves view room (bonus) but it would still have been good value even with a city room.

Brunch was superb on the Friday, lovely and relaxing outside with a great view of the mangrove forest. Service was exemplary - Prashant catered to us expertly.

The in-house Thai restaurant was also excellent and we enjoyed a great meal in there on the Saturday evening. Nice food and reasonably well priced as well.

No complaints from us at all - we'll happily recommend the hotel to friends in Dubai and looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanielMEvans
Moritz K, General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

Dear DanielMEvans,

Thank you for your kind review about your recent visit and the comment about the value of a 'city' view room. We pride ourselves that the triple glazed windows are close to being sound proof.

I am equally pleased about your note on both restaurants and your praise for Prashant has been shared with him already.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon I remain.
Best regards

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

It's the third stay we have with Anantara Eastern Mangrove, and more times in eating there with friends and families. We have truly enjoyed our experience for each visit. Their consistency in performance has triggered me to thank and recommend them on TripAdvisor, hoping that more can enjoy the experience. We particularly enjoy their Friday brunch, though we thought the previous offer, which was more expensive but with wider selection of food was even better, and their Thai restaurant. These are two of the places we like most after staying in Dubai for over 10 months. We also enjoy greetings by their friendly staff (and the cat in the balcony!), in particular Shayan at the front desk, who is always thoughtful and attentive which helps to make every time a perfect stay. Thank you Anantara. Hope you will like it, too.
We are happy that we have joined their Vacation Club. Service is outstanding among offices and properties, too.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was travelling with a group and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were large modern and very clean. We had beautiful views from our balconies and the breakfast selection was amazing. The grounds are stunning and the spa is incredible. All in all absolutely nothing to complain about. The staff were also just great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KazNsw
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We went to spend a weekend here and it was ok. The food at the brunch was average.
The wait staff was very good, but the food stations were understaffed. You had to wait on everything, that is if there was food out at the stations. We did get a couples massage and though the masseuses were good, the treatments were more expensive then others in town. If we look for somewhere to spend a weekend again, we will probably not choose to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BeranFamily,

Thank you for making time and posting a review. I am sad to learn that not all of our services have been to your satisfaction. I would be more than happy to see for a repeat visit of you to be perhaps more personalized and I invite you to contact me directly for any future booking.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband booked us in to the Anantara on their champagne brunch+room package as a weekend treat. We arrived for brunch on Friday, were checked in efficiently, went through to the beautifully decorated restaurant, rather strangely called 'Ingredients' which made for an odd conversation with a member of the staff ("For breakfast choose Ingredients") which sounded a bit DIY, but of course wasn't! At brunch we completely over-indulged ourselves on fantastic seafood, possibly the best sushi in Abu Dhabi and champagne and then retired to a beautiful room overlooking the mangroves. I enjoy the Anantara's light-touch decor (and their gorgeous toiletries). The only thing that could have been better about the rooms would be to get rid of the tiles at the entrance. As it is, noise from other guests cannot be avoided. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. I notice that another guest missed pork. Personally for the Full English I don't think anywhere does it as well as England and it did seem that, even without pig, there was a great choice. I particularly liked the noodle station. We will definitely be going back to the Eastern Mangroves as we want to try their Thai restaurant. So, why not an 'Excellent'? Well, the staff at brunch seemed a little overwhelmed by the large number of delegates attending a medical conference at the hotel. There was no one to greet us when we arrived at 'Ingredients' (nor was there at breakfast the next morning), the table we were taken to for brunch had not been properly cleared and, although places had been set, there were still crumbs and dirty cutlery on it. Once the delegates had left, the staff calmed down and service was very good, but I do not want to be told by a member of staff "oh, it is so busy". So there are still a few little things to be ironed out, but as an Anantara Hotel they should be able to do this and could then be set to become an AD favourite.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris J
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The experience which I had was ok and wasn't anything amazing. I wasn't helped with my bags on arrival at the hotel and had to go through like a metal detector and if this is the way the world is going in terms of travel...............very sad. I had to ask two people were is the reception desk and found it myself. The room was nice and big and very clean, could catch up on the golf which was good. I think I would stay hear again as I believe in giving second chances however they would need to wow me should I return with good thumbs up. Some staff are nice like the front office manager who is friendly but the rest need work but maybe it was just a bad day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BeeTPiont

Unfortunately we did not amaze you during last stay. I am sorry to hear that but thank you for letting us know. I would appreciate to hear from you on your plans for a return visit so that I can make the required arrangements.

Until then best regards

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Abu Dhabi has probably among the best offer in luxury hotels in the world, so competition is high. Nevertheless, Eastern Mangroves has that extra touch, starting from a personalized welcome and check in service (which makes a difference, if you have seen (too) many hotels), a very nice hotel design - combining Eastern flavour with modern design. Rooms are simply wonderful - make sure you book the side of the river and mangroves. Service all around the hotel is simply perfect - professional, friendly and yet discrete. Great gym and spa, and the cherry on the cake: their Thai restaurant!

Room Tip: Book the mangrove side room; they may charge extra, but the views are worth it.