“Enjoyed my stay at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara”

Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Chennai (Madras), India
“Enjoyed my stay at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed at the Eastern Mangroves Hotel for two nights and attended a two-day training program organised by my employer within the hotel premises. I must say that I have enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Hotel Staff were courteous and efficient throughout my stay. Checking-in and out of the hotel were handled in a professional manner.

I was assigned a room in the ground floor of the hotel and the view wasn't too bad.My room veranda opened into a nice garden and then to the mangroves. Even though there is a highway nearby, my room was quiet and I had sound sleep through the night.

The Gym inside the hotel is very modern, spacious and hygienic. Treadmills in the Gym have internet connectivity and TV consoles. I enjoyed working out in the Gym early in the morning. There is no extra charge for Gym usage by the hotel guests.

Breakfast and lunch are served in the restaurant at the Hotel Ground floor. Fantastic varieties of food items are available. However, I would have loved to see one Indian dish in the breakfast menu.

We had dinner at the Hotel pool-deck. Service was impeccable, food was delicious and I can't forget the moon-lit setting!

The Conference facilities in the hotel were also quite good. Whenever we required few electrical adapters, extension boards, etc, hotel staff came in quickly and provided necessary assistance.

I would say that the room tariff is expensive, but then the service and facilities are probably worth it. Looking forward to my next visit to Abu Dhabi and to this hotel....

Room Tip: If you are staying in the hotel to attend a residential program within the hotel premises, it is not...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Bodempudi,

First of all, thank you for a great review of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

I am pleased to read that you have had an enjoyable stay and that your training was a success. I am more than happy to know that you are impressed with the hotel facilities most especially with the politeness and efficiency of our team. They will be delighted to hear about your feedback.

On another note, your comment on the inclusion of one Indian dish in the breakfast menu was well noted and will be discussed.

Thank you once more and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was the best mini break we have had in the UAE!
Luxurious, private, beautiful views, excellent service and a touch of fine dining.

The view over the mangroves exceeded our expectations. Not another building or traffic in sight, just a beautiful piece of nature stretching past the infinity pool, right here in the desert. It felt like overlooking a river in Africa and a crocodile or hippo should pop up any minute. Of course there aren't any. :)

The staff were professional and friendly and catered to our every need. Buffet breakfast was one of the best in the UAE, and I have had a few. The room was large and lacked nothing with a luxurious bathroom to compliment it.

Overall an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Pick the club room overlooking the mangroves. The view is well worth the bit extra. You get private...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear IvisAde,

My heartfelt appreciation for taking the time to post a very nice review of our hotel.

I am glad to know that you considered your stay with us as your best mini break in the UAE. It is motivating to read your comments. Your notes about our associates and buffet breakfast are very much appreciated. Rest assured that I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

Many thanks and we look forward to your next visit to Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stay in a deluxe Kansara mangroves room. Access to executive Kansara lounge. Very spacious and modern room, all what you need is available. Rooms are facing the mangroves and very quiet. Service at the lounge is very professional. Choice of food and drinks is as expected for such a place and quality has been met as well. Restaurants are also in line with what we expect from such hotel. Lets try the Thai restaurant with a large choice of high quality dishes, the buffet at the ingredients restaurant seems outstanding but did not try. The Spa is amazing with a good choice of treatments and very good therapists, expensive, but worthwhile for the money.Turkish Hammam is one of the most beautiful I have seen. Fitness room is from far the best equipped room I have experienced. Orientation of hotel is not one of the best, n more sun around the swimming pool at 15h30 in December. Even before, only a side of the swimming pool is sunny. Anyway, as part of a trip in Abu dhabi, lets go there for at least a 2-3 nights stay, then go to an other Anantara property in the desert, 2h drive from Abu dhabi. First experience in a Anantara hotel and I highly recommend this hotel for those who look for luxury holiday in a peaceful environment. Thanks to Anantara team who is doing an excellent job to meet customers needs and satisfaction.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing speedway, take mangroves view rooms and try executive lounge
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear titi02051971,

I personally thank you for your time to write a wonderful review during your recent stay.

Your detailed comments on the room, view, restaurants, and facilities such as the spa and fitness room are overwhelming to read. The entire team of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa is equally delighted to note that we have met your expectations and satisfaction during your first experience in an Anantara Hotel.

Additionally, it is an honor to have your recommendation as a destination for luxury holiday.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

From the outside it looks fantastic. Very Arabic and elegant. We came after midnight however the few staff that was there was very welcoming and attentive. Reception staff very professional both on arrival and departure which is a relief nowadays in UAE hotels. Check in was very quick considering it was late and we were tired. They offered us to be part of their loyalty program highlighting the benefits, specially internet and it was very nice.
The rooms were very spacious, clean and full of amenities and toiletries. Shampoo had a delicious smell of Ginger and all the rest of the products were just amazing. Since we came late at night we couldnt enjoy the view however in the morning we had the pleasure to peacefully admire the mangroves, the sea and a piece of the city. We had breakfast at the terrace and it was just a perfect.
Since we arrived late at night, we were happy to have spoken with the german or austrian manager, Denish I believe, at the reception who was very generous to offer a late check out. Upon departure, we met him again and he was very pleasant and professional, definitely the type of people that will make you come back.
Only downside, the room service. They brought some sort of eggs benedict which were far from being such. The holandaise sauce was a lemon dip with funny texture. Not pleasant or expected in a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Get a mangroves view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Knej C
Dear Knej C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback during your stay at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

My team and I are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you find the mangroves view, amenities, and service amazing.

Appreciation to our team members keeps all of us motivated. I will surely extend your gratefulness to the entire team.

On another note, your comments on the room service are well noted and rest assured that this will be raised with the concerned department head to rectify the shortfall.

Once again thank you for your time and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

England
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with family. Booked two rooms kasara mangrove balcony rooms both rooms spacious and beautifully presented. These rooms included use of the executive lounge where the attention we were given and the level of service was second to none. A big thank you to Amer and Shayan for looking after us so well. It was my husbands birthday and a cake was arranged and presented while we had pre-dinner drinks. Lots of personal touches made it a special stay. The Sloan Family

Stayed November 2013
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Family01,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are honored to be part of your husband’s birthday celebration. Please extend as well our appreciation to your husband for choosing to celebrate this special occasion at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

Making your husband’s special day a memorable one was the least we could do and we were so grateful for entrusting us to host such a very important occasion. We will certainly pass on your fantastic feedback to the rest of the team.

Once again thank you for staying with us and hope you will return soon.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here on two occasions during my visit to the UAE. Luxury accommodation with large rooms over looking the mangrove, very spacious bathrooms. I had to move rooms when I stayed on the first occasion as there was a diplomatic visit, they were very apologetic about this, and I already knew that this does happen in the UAE and it is to do with security. They often get very short notice about these kind of events. So it did not bother me at all.

The food and drink is priced as you would expect in a high class hotel, and is good quality.

One thing I would say is that they have a lot of staff, but service can be very slow.

However, I will be returning. All in all well worth staying - and may I add is well priced too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the mangrove, you don't want a room over looking the front!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stay in this hotel at least twice a month, and i love it.
Close to airport close to the city away from the trafic .
The food is excellent , the Brunch and the Cheese night at their roof too bar is very upscaled and presentation is very tempting.rooms are very clean and very generous amenities are placed.
The welcome is very respectful, what I like is that you see the management in the lobby welcoming their guests and this is very rare to see.
My only negative comment is the coffee machine in the room it never works. Please change it .

Room Tip: Choose a Mangrove view and try their executive floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business