Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$146
US$301
US$259
US$113
US$101
Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
US$377
US$329
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$60
1,519 results
All reviewsthai restaurantkasara loungebalcony roominfinity poolrooftop barbeautiful hotelcity viewcold towelsrelaxing staypool staffpool sidelate checkyas islandgrand mosquewaitrosedatesbrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2013

It was like staying in Anantra and Banyan Tree at the same time as you can notice both flavors, why? well because the developments started out as Banyan Tree but ended up with Anantra. Hence as a guest it is just bliss! This is the result of two of the best resorts in the world, every aspect of this hotel and the use of space has been well thought out. We stayed at the Deluxe Mangroves Balcony Room facing the Mangroves. The views of the Sunset and Sunrise over the mangroves is just breathtaking. We had dinner at Pachaylen and breakfast at Ingredients and both of them were satisfying to say the least. I wish if they hotel could arrange a night romantic canoo service around the mangroves!

Room Tip: make sure to request Mangroves facing room as that is whats going to give you a great sunrise and sunset views of the Mangroves!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We spent a week at this hotel and were very pleased in all aspects. The spacious rooms are modern furnished, the friendly staff fulfills the wishes of the guests quickly and reliably. The gym is well equipped with contemporary appliances and the adjacent steam room allows to finish the workout with a healthy relaxation. The treatments at the spa are offered in the well-known Anantara quality.
The breakfast buffet impressed with a very large selection of food in exquisite quality. The rooftop bar offers visitors not only fantastic drinks, but also a beautiful view of the skyline of Abu Dhabi.
In short: For your next trip to Abu Dhabi, this hotel should be definitely considered.

Room Tip: Order a room on the mangrove side
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank klaus b
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear klaus b,

We appreciate your time for posting a beautiful review of your recent stay at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

It was a pleasure to know that you had the perfect stay in Abu Dhabi at our hotel and how impressed you were with the rooms, facilities, food & beverage, magnificent view, and service. The team would be grateful to hear your praise on their efficiency and friendliness.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back for another great experience in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Would like to thank meerim for exceptional service. The best service I've had in a bar in the UAE... lovely bar and very relaxing quick service with a wide variety of drinks and food and a lovely view.

• Stayed: December 2013
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Jean Yves F,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback during your recent visit to Impressions, our rooftop lounge.

It is really rewarding to learn that you have recognized not only the stunning view and ambience of the lounge but most especially the exceptional service of Meerim. She will be glad to hear your kind words.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed just two nights on a quick business visit. Hotel very convenient for the airport, and with great views from my room overlooking the mangroves. Check-in very smooth and room just as expected, although could have done with some more sockets for charging laptop, phone etc.
Hotel facilities excellent, particularly the gym which was really first class: huge, plenty of new equipment, and never busy.
Had dinner at the Thai restaurant in the hotel which I would highly recommend - it was delicious.
On the downside my colleague and I had to wait 20 mins and ask 3 times for more tea at breakfast! And at the pool bar there were plenty of waiters but they were not really attentive to those who needed serving - had to go up and ask for more drinks and the bill.
Those issues did not detract from the experience though, and I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear NoPhoneNoFoodNoPets,

I would like to thank you for posting your candid review of Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa.

We always welcome not just positive feedback but also constructive comments which we find extremely helpful in the continuous improvements of our product and services. Your comments on the service at The Pool Deck and during breakfast have been noted and will be discussed with the team to improve the service.

Furthermore, rest assured that your great comment on our gym facilities and signature Thai restaurant, Pachaylen, will be shared with the team.

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I recently returned from a long-term stay in the Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel and I could not have been happier with my experience. The staff, hotel amenities, food, beverages, location, and service were second to none. This property would certainly rank in the top five nicest hotels I have stayed in and probably the best overall hotel experience I have ever had.

This hotel is marketed as a business hotel, but it is extremely relaxing if you find yourself there for a weekend as well. Because I was a long-term guest on the executive floor, I had some additional privileges during my stay, but I suspect your average guest would find the hotel just as appealing. I had a Karasa balcony room, so I had a beautiful view of the city skyline and mangroves, as well as access to the Kasara Lounge, which I used almost every night for drinks and snacks and every morning for breakfast.

Here are some anecdotes about my stay, which should help to illustrate the quality of the service... Regrettably, I came down with a bad cold during my stay. On two separate occasions (once with the food and beverage manager and once with my favorite server), individual staff members took it upon themselves to create homeopathic elixirs to help me recover. The hotel also offered me a free Turkish hamam treatment in the spa, placed fresh flowers of my choosing in my room, brought a heated oil diffuser to my room without my asking, provided my newspapers of choice every day, and refreshed my fruit plate with all of the items I requested. Oh, and every staff member knew my name and would make a point of chatting with me whenever I was in the lobby, in the gym, by the pool, in the lounge, or eating in the restaurants. Bottom line, I made legitimate friends with a number of the hotel employees and wish I could have stayed longer.

If the opportunity arises for me to return to Abu Dhabi for another long-term stay, I would absolutely not hesitate to return to the Anantara. Thank you for such a wonderful experience...

Room Tip: For a truly awesome experience, select a Kasara balcony room with view of the mangroves.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SMR1977
Wael S, Area General Manager at Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear SMR1977,

My heartfelt gratitude for taking the time to share your splendid experience at Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara.

I have read your comments with delight and thank you most especially for pointing out the fantastic service of our associates who make a difference everyday. That you have considered your stay with us the best overall hotel experience you have ever had and marked our service standards as high make us all motivated. I will surely share your encouraging comments to the entire team to keep them inspired.

Furthermore, we are honored that without hesitation you are considering to stay with us again should you get a chance to return to this part of the world. We are all looking forward to that day for another amazing experience.

Thank you once again.