“abu dhabi stay 16.02-22.02.2013”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Abu Dhabi
The Royal International Hotel
Ranked #102 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Lausanne, Switzerland
“abu dhabi stay 16.02-22.02.2013”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Nice hotel, good location near supermarket and the corniche. big room, big bathroom. Quite clean. Satelite TV with more than 100 channels (some in french too)
Breakfast is a nice arabic buffet with also continental choice.
The air conditionning is always turn on to the maximum so I oppened the window a little bit. The noise of the streets was not to loud. Free wifi in the room.
The hotel staff is always smilly and ready to help. I was here for an exhibition and could considere this hotel also for private holidays in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jean-Louis G
Wael E, Manager at The Royal International Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
It was really glad to know that we made your stay in Abu Dhabi such a pleasant experience.

Thank you very much for your constrictive comments and looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel

Malek Usama
Assistant Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 February 2013

It is nice to see a hotel in Abu Dhabi with clean facilities and friendly staff that isn't a sterile large hotel chain that focuses mostly on asthetics and not service. I hate that AD has turned itself into a characterless mecca for hotel chains and removed most quaint and repsectable hotels. The RI is a very nice hotel which doesn't disappoint. The only real negative is the parking and the trashy neon lighting that gives the hotel a feeling reminiscent of the prostitute district in Bangkok. AD LOVES trashy neon lighting.

• Stayed December 2012
Wael E, Director of Sales at The Royal International Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear valuable Guest,

Concerning your comments, we will look into it and find a better solution for these issues not to be repeated again, in our Hotel, we believe that feedback is a gift, where we can enhance our performance and guest experience.

Abuja
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Hotel is new and elegant. Neat and located in a central area. Transportation was very easy and staff were friendly. Adequate amenities in room and bed was very comfortable. The Wifi was very fast, but you have to ask the front desk the exact location to browse ( I was in a suite and browsed in my bedroom the first night, which was terrible! The next day, I complained and was told that I should browse in the sitting area). They also have good TV channels (don't forget to use your channels guide). The Abu Dhabi Mall is just 5minutes' drive away. I loved every bit of my stay!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank NIMOTA I

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights on a pre Christmas trip. We arrived early but that was no problem as we were booked into our room immediately. We did have to give a retainer on my credit card. This does not get put back onto the card on departure but in a few days time I was told. I have not checked yet to see if the block they had put on the card as a retainer,has been returned.
The room was quite big. There was a shower cubicle and a shower over the bath. The first morning we both got a cool shower as we didn't know we had to switch the shower on by the switch outside the bathroom. The toiletries weren't replaced at all once we had used them. There were bath robes for our use.
There was a mini bar in the fridge. Two complementary bottles of water, tea and coffee. There was also a safe free of charge. The wifi in the room was very good reception.
The pool on the roof was not that big and only had I think it was 5 loungers but as we were the only people to use it on the days we were there, it didn't matter as there were enough for us.
The breakfast had plenty of choice and they would make you an omelette if you wanted one.
We felt the hotel was central to our needs. If we needed a taxi the bell boys would run down the road to find one for us, which didn't take very long to do.
The staff were fantastic. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble for them to do. They were all very pleasant and polite.
The hotel was alcohol free, I think but this didn't bother us.
If I were to go back to Abu Dhabi I would have no hesitation in booking the same hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lin049
Wael E, Director of Sales at The Royal International Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Dear valuable Guest,

Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Nice new neat & clean hotel, technologically advance, at best location. Room was nice & neat clean, wash room was with full amenities tub, walk through rain shower, patio, etc. room was also full with all necessary amenities of daily use. Wifi was little bit slow but was ok. Break fast was good.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Moni1980
Dear valuable Guest,

Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed there in November for the F1 race on Yaz Island. I won't be returning to this hotel. It was too far from the track and the area it was in was not the safest.
The rooms were ok but the staff (except for the doorman) were useless. I won't get into detail because you won't read it anyway.
Stay away from here and book a better hotel. There's a reason Booking.com has rooms available at this hotel for low prices.....you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Pick a good room at another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GinoOdjick
Wael E, Director of Sales at The Royal International Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear valuable Guest,

Greetings from The Royal Hotel Abu Dhabi.

we have received your review and would like to have further details to enable us looking into it and find a better solution for these issues not to be repeated again, in our Hotel, we believe that feedback is a gift, where we can enhance our performance and guest experience.

Looking forward to your kind reply

The Royal Hotel – Abu Dhabi
U.A.E
Tel: +971 2 650 44 33
Fax: +971 2 650 44 17
Email: wael.eissa@theroyalhotelabudhabi.com

Travellers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I was booked on a short notice to arrive an evening before the F1 race day and most of the hotels i had stayed previously were either booked or priced much higher than the usual. This was more of a compromise when i initially thought about it.
To my surprise, this turned out to be a great stay. No compromise at all. I stayed for a week and i didnt for a moment think that i should have stayed elsewhere.
Great room with a view to city skyline and corniche, good bathroom with decent amenities and really great staff and service.
They have a few good restaurant, though i could not try all of them. The one which served the morning breakfast was surely good so was the coffee shop.
Staff looked motivated which made a lot of difference. They clearly looked a bunch of high energy professionals, excited about their work.
Its location is truly amazing. Corniche is literally next to it. Abu Dhabi mall is a stone's throw away.They have a valet parking and they also grab you a cab if you need one.
The wi-fi is weak. I could manage with a wired connection to my laptop but it wasnt the most convenient thing to do.I am sure they can improve upon this.
On the whole, I am extremely satisfid with my stay and i am surely going to recommend this to my colleagues who frequent Abu Dhabi. This is a great value for money 4 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Journeyman_diary
Wael E, Director of Sales at The Royal International Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear valuable Guest,

concerning the WiFi, we are doing some modification and hope that your next stay will be even better experience.

Once more, thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel