“Bad service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Abu Dhabi
The Royal International Hotel
Ranked #102 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Bad service”
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

On the arrivals , and during hand over the room the TV was not working , so to transfer us to another room it took them around 30 minutes without informing us that they will be late .

And the room service was bad , we asked for more towels , they refused to give us ! Their excuses was that they have limit for each visitor .

Over all , it was bad experience

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank nader2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sippy Downs, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I love the decor and the bathtubs are amazing in this hotel but both times I have stayed there the pool has been closed due to maintenance. The second time I went I emailed and asked the hotel and they assured me there was no maintenance. There was also no warning on booking.com. However when I got there I found out they had closed the pool for Ramadan (6 days before Ramadan even started). I was very annoyed as I had booked 5 nights there. So I spoke with the manager and all they suggested was that they would change my booking so I could leave and book somewhere else. This was not a great offer as of course hotels were expensive! So i suggested they pay for my access to a beach club at another hotel, or they discount my stay. They said they could give me complimentary breakfast! I was so annoyed I left. They didnt even pay for my taxi to a new place. The manager was ridiculous and spoke to me reluctantly because it was his off day.

The bottom line is its a great hotel BUT check and check again if you are going for the facilities.

Room Tip: Theres construction so ask to be on the back side (away from Salam street)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank lc3248
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Very happy with the service and courtesy of the staff at the Royal International. We were always greeted with smiles whenever we walked in, and we always had taxis hailed for us. Not to mention the great advice about local transport and local dining options. (Sponge-Bobs behind the hotel is great for shwarmas by the way). There's some other great restaurants not to mention the hotels restaurants are pretty good too. The Abu Dhabi Mall is within walking distance for the intrepid. Those fearing the heat might prefer a taxi.

The rooms are unique and colorful with great WiFi reception. Ours was serviced every day and was always wonderful to come back to after a hot day. Some complimentary water, tea and coffee in the room and some great toiletries as well.

The pool is on the top floor and is quite warm in temperature. It's still lovely to sit around in the late afternoon. The gym is great too.

I'd highly recommend the Royal International.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrenage
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed in the hotel 3 nights, in a single room after a long flight from Sydney and before a long flight back to Europe.

Could have been a 5 but I put a 4 because of the front desk staff.

Good things:
View was nice, room very clean with bath and shower, newspaper in the morning, big and nice size room, huge bed for one (and good even for two),
room service nice, doormen and "doorladies" very very kind, nice, professional and friendly with a lot of humour, which is a good thing to have.
Tea on arrival + date fruit + biscuits = very cool to have that after a big flight.
Very quiet rooms.

Average things:
- Internet a tiny bit expensive in the room but anyway, i didnt really need it too much.

Bad things:
- Air conditioned in all the hotel is freaking too too cold ! in the room too but it was allright cause possible to stop it

Bad bad..sorry for that:
- the front desk staff EXCEPT the 2 managers I met = REALLY BAD !
These girls don t know how to welcome customers ! I wait about 1h45 in the cold reception to take my room (well, my fault cause i arrived too early, 6h30 I think) but this lady didnt had a smile, or something nice on her. I mean, a pretty lady but really uncool, unwelcoming, if I was not so tired I ll probably run away somewhere else.
They look annoyed everytime people were asking them things, it was very very difficult to have just one smile of them. I know how difficult is to work in hotels and tourism but in a 4 star Hôtel, you expect to be a tiny bit more welcome by the front desk.

Anyway, as I really don t care, my stay was nice, but some other customers were pissed off because the girls of the front staff.

I have to say that when I was leaving, i got a smile of une of the russians (or ukrainian) ladies, lol, happy to see one customer leaving ? :)

Special mention to the very nice and welcoming “doorladie”, the one who is not tall at all.

Room Tip: a room with a city view, the eleven's floor is pretty cool :)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lousonna
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel is easily accessible via taxis and even public buses. Upon arrival into Abu Dhabi Airport, we decided to take the taxi which cost us only AED55 (what a bargain especially with the amount of luggage's we had plus arriving early in the morning). The front desk staff was so kind to let us have an early check in at 830am & allocated a very decent and quiet room on the 14th floor. The room is spacious and provided ample of storage area. I believe this hotel had undergo a lavish renovation as the interior was modern and comfy. Free WIFI is a bonus with no complains on the signal. The A/C also works perfectly especially with the heat from the desert. Definately live up to the standard of a 4 star Jewel! On the day we check out, we decided to try taking the airport shuttle bus which is only two blocks from the hotel and takes only 5mins walk. It only cost us AED4 per person which was really good. Just allocate at least an hour bus ride.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DanAdrian
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Very easy to find, front desk staff and valet staff is very professional and courteous. Room was clean and quiet.

My only issues are very minor: king sized bed was not available, even though that's what I booked. So, I was forced to take two twin beds. And also, I prefer sealed toiletries in the bathroom. It is kind of gross to know that someone has used the shampoo or conditioner before I was there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 1MissEmm2
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I just spent two days at this hotel, and we were impressed. The staff is extraordinary, the prices of rooms and meals are fair, the rooms are stylish and comfortable, and the rooftop pool, spa, and gym were delightful. I'd give this hotel at least a four star rating in every category. What really stands out--and what will make this our hotel of choice in future visits to Abu Dhabi--is the free, high-speed Internet available throughout the facility. The UAE is probably the most difficult environment in the world for Western travelers accustomed to easily accessible, free Internet access. The service at the Royal was outstanding. Wherever I went--room, restaurant, lobby--I could immediately access fast Internet without a cumbersome security process. Well-done, Royal!

Room Tip: Great water views if you ask for a room facing the corniche.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family