The Royal International Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Abu Dhabi
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Oryx Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
Paragon Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
View Hotel
Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at the Royal International for a little over one month while attending training and processing my documents for an offshore assignment, i stayed on the 13th floor. The first impression was not so nice...I arrived at about 4 am after flying for more than 9 hours from west africa via Qatar. there were two persons at the reception, but they both were more engrossed trying to sort issues with some three young men that were taking turn to talk on phone. I waited for more than forty minutes to be attended, and coupled with the fact that I missed my bag at Qatar transit, it was quite frustrating. However, my mood changed the moment I entered the room. Everything were in place...and the airport people brought my bag about 2 hours later. The room service was excellent, room cleaning was regular while complimentary coffee and water was always provided. i used the restaurant on the 1st floor and the variety on offer was excellent. On the flip service, their charges are on the high side compared to other hotels of same standard. Hence most guests tends to have their meals outside. One big plus is its location - the enegy complex is just few kilometers across the road by the cornich, there's an adjoining fuel station for those driving, Emirates supermarket has a very big shop directly behind and the corniche hospital is just across the road by the right, next to Sheraton...and not forgeting their valet service, they were so help. I will recmmend it to a friend.

Room Tip: I ve not tried other rooms, but my room on the 13th floor south side, was perfectly ok.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank joustar
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We have been trying out hotels in Abu Dhabi and we have decided to stay at The Royal Hotel for the weekend.

We checked in around 3:30 PM and was so eager to take an afternoon nap but was not able to. The window was not fully covered with curtain, the blinding light of the sun was just so uncomfortable. I have fixed the curtain several times but the curtains are just not wide enough to cover the full width/sides of the windowpane. If you are not sensitive about lights, this hotel is fine but if you are like me who prefers dark rooms and could not sleep with daylight, go somewhere else. What made it even worse was that the hotel placed a mirror facing the window, so the sunlight which I was trying to avoid was reflected right in front of me when I turned to the other side!

We have also tried their dinner buffet which was just fine.

However, the valet attendants are very attentive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sakay_Na
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for five nights and had a great time. The rooms and lovely and very large. The cleaning is very well done and always done. All the hotel staff are very lovely and helpful. The pool is good after a day out in the heat. Breakfast is pretty good but abit on the high side if you buy it there. It is a little out of the way but not bad taxis are cheap and easily available so that was no problem for us.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank syoung95
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

On the arrivals , and during hand over the room the TV was not working , so to transfer us to another room it took them around 30 minutes without informing us that they will be late .

And the room service was bad , we asked for more towels , they refused to give us ! Their excuses was that they have limit for each visitor .

Over all , it was bad experience

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank nader2001
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I love the decor and the bathtubs are amazing in this hotel but both times I have stayed there the pool has been closed due to maintenance. The second time I went I emailed and asked the hotel and they assured me there was no maintenance. There was also no warning on booking.com. However when I got there I found out they had closed the pool for Ramadan (6 days before Ramadan even started). I was very annoyed as I had booked 5 nights there. So I spoke with the manager and all they suggested was that they would change my booking so I could leave and book somewhere else. This was not a great offer as of course hotels were expensive! So i suggested they pay for my access to a beach club at another hotel, or they discount my stay. They said they could give me complimentary breakfast! I was so annoyed I left. They didnt even pay for my taxi to a new place. The manager was ridiculous and spoke to me reluctantly because it was his off day.

The bottom line is its a great hotel BUT check and check again if you are going for the facilities.

Room Tip: Theres construction so ask to be on the back side (away from Salam street)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo