I stopped at this hotel for a 3 week period on business after having it recommended to me by a colleague, given its proximity to a large number of local shops/restaurants and good service. I can safely say that after my 3 week stay I would gladly go back (and hope to next month!). There were a few bad points to the hotel (hence only having a 4* rating) which I will cover below, but on the whole this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.
It's location is good (its not in the best area of Abu Dhabi, however it is a nice area). It has close proximity to a number of shopping outlets/food establishments (the shawarma just round the corner is brilliant!), and also has a very cheap market across the road (very useful if you are stopping for a long time). There are always taxi's waiting outside to take you further out if you want to explore (tip: don't try walking to the marina mall, I did, and realised its a good 2 hour walk away in the blistering heat!)
For a nice view of the surrounding area you can go to the top floor where they have a small outdoor pool and a bar. In the day its too hot to go up there (they typically have it closed until 5.30pm each day), however at night its worth going up for a drink just to get a nice view/picture of the city scape. They also have shisha up on the roof which can make for a relaxing evening.
- Staff are really friendly (they knew my name after the first few days, always greeted me by name)
- Breakfast has a very good selection for the price and also has fresh cooked steak/fish/omelette
- Hotel listens to feedback (I made 5 suggestions mid-way through my stay, 3 were actioned a few days later)
- After having an issue mid-stay, the manager met me straight away and got everything sorted (above and beyond what most managers would do, I know this first-hand)
- Very clean (actually came back to find my room being dusted!)
- The air-conditioning in the room is extremely powerful! (I love the cold, but on max it was actually too cold for me!)
- Staff speak very good english (even the cleaners, who always asked me how I was each day)
- Close to a good variety of food outlets (both your typical fast-food and decent restaurants)
- Downstairs bar always has too many people in (very squashed, especially when live music is on)
- Internet is slow (1Mb/sec when it isn't busy, even less when it is. Seems to be IHG's policy in some hotels now)
- Drinks are very expensive (even for a hotel)
- The gym doesn't normally have the AC on (not once in 3 weeks), so it gets incredibly warm when people are exercising
Overall I really liked this hotel and I would recommend it and would definitely stay again. If you aren't interested in going to the in-house bar or using the internet then this hotel is 5* and you should stay. If you do need access to the internet though you will find it close to unusable at busy times which in this day and age is a disappointment, and prevents you in most cases working from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi is an upscale hotel conveniently located in the city centre, just minutes away from the Corniche, main shopping districts and key business locations. The hotel provides friendly personalised service and a range of facilities from wifi access, Health and Spa facilities. For holiday makers, the hotel offers competitive prices & facilities. The 18 metre long roof top pool offers skyline views & an opportunity to exercise or relax.The hotel boasts and excellent array of Restaurants, Bars and LoungesHeroes, Abu DHabi's best Sportsbar in the basement; Cho Gao, Award-winning non smoking SE Asian Restaurant - Bar and Lounge, ground floor; Spaccanapoli, Abu Dhabi's favourite Italian with the famous one metre Pizza on the Mezzanine floor; Cappuccino's, the Cafe on the 1st floor offering Snacks and pastries;The Garden, the international Buffet Restaurant on the 9th floor;Vincent's Cigar lounge on the 9th floor;Level Lounge Chill out Bar by the pool on the RooftopBanquet and Meeting space is available for up to 400 Persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abu Dhabi Crowne Plaza