“Very Good Hotel, Brilliant Location”

Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I came here to stay for 5 nights on my honeymoon, booked through an agent after seeing good reviews.

Firstly the location of hotel is great, right at the heart of the city, shops, shopping malls and fast food places all within walking distance.

The hotel lobby is nicely decorated and the rooms also very nicely furnished, room furniture could do with a touch updating but still very nice. Rooms are very spacious and all the facilities such as fridge TV, Jacuzzi in room all in working order. Hotel provided us with an iron and iron board on request which stayed in our room for the duration of the stay.

Given a choice of pillows avail for use and beds were nice and large and very comfortable.

I had hired a car and was provided with free parking although I never had to park my car once as there was a valet service which was free to hotel guests.

Did not have breakfast in my room package however on the last day ordered room service, which was fast and the breakfast came nice and hot and the portions were very generous.
I had no issues with this hotel and for the price paid and quality of service received, I definitely will be using again when visiting.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abdul g
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear “abdul g”,
We would like to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay here on Tripadvisor.
We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel’s location, newly refurbished lobby, choices of pillows, valet parking, room service and specially the quality of service provided by our staff.
You may want to try some of our award winning restaurants in the hotel which w take prode of like Cho Gao, Spaccanapoli & Heroes.
Again thank you for recommending us to other travelers in Abu Dhabi and we look forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is an average hotel in every respect. Services, food quality, space, location ... were all just average. I chose to stay at this hotel because the conference I came to attend was held there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 550hashima

Dear “helloq8”,
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor and for choosing us for your business trip in here in Abu Dhabi.
We are happy to inform you that we are currently having renovations which include bedroom upgrade. We aim to continuously improve our products and services to meet our guests’ expectations.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Recently returned from a very enjoyable stay at The Crowne Plaza, Abu Dhabi. The hotel is in a great location; very central but also only 10-15 minute walk from the corniche. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The gym is very well equipped and rarely that busy. The pool area is smallish but more than adequate.

All in all, a great hotel, which is really made by the attitude and friendly manner of the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SteveandBethWarwick

Dear “SteveandBethWarwick”,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a complimentary and detailed review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our location, staff and amenities.
Our management and colleagues will be happy to note your feedback.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Abu Dhabi and we do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel frequently. It is situated at the very nerve centre of the city.The restaurant is good serving to all section of the people to the satisfaction.

1  Thank ramakrishnan s

Dear “ramakrishnan s”,
We would like to thank you for your continuous patronage with us and for taking time to write a review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
Our guests’ complete satisfaction is our main goal and it is very pleasing to learn that this has been achieved on each of your visits.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I stopped at this hotel for a 3 week period on business after having it recommended to me by a colleague, given its proximity to a large number of local shops/restaurants and good service. I can safely say that after my 3 week stay I would gladly go back (and hope to next month!). There were a few bad points to the hotel (hence only having a 4* rating) which I will cover below, but on the whole this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

It's location is good (its not in the best area of Abu Dhabi, however it is a nice area). It has close proximity to a number of shopping outlets/food establishments (the shawarma just round the corner is brilliant!), and also has a very cheap market across the road (very useful if you are stopping for a long time). There are always taxi's waiting outside to take you further out if you want to explore (tip: don't try walking to the marina mall, I did, and realised its a good 2 hour walk away in the blistering heat!)

For a nice view of the surrounding area you can go to the top floor where they have a small outdoor pool and a bar. In the day its too hot to go up there (they typically have it closed until 5.30pm each day), however at night its worth going up for a drink just to get a nice view/picture of the city scape. They also have shisha up on the roof which can make for a relaxing evening.

Good points
- Staff are really friendly (they knew my name after the first few days, always greeted me by name)
- Breakfast has a very good selection for the price and also has fresh cooked steak/fish/omelette
- Hotel listens to feedback (I made 5 suggestions mid-way through my stay, 3 were actioned a few days later)
- After having an issue mid-stay, the manager met me straight away and got everything sorted (above and beyond what most managers would do, I know this first-hand)
- Very clean (actually came back to find my room being dusted!)
- The air-conditioning in the room is extremely powerful! (I love the cold, but on max it was actually too cold for me!)
- Staff speak very good english (even the cleaners, who always asked me how I was each day)
- Close to a good variety of food outlets (both your typical fast-food and decent restaurants)

Bad points

- Downstairs bar always has too many people in (very squashed, especially when live music is on)
- Internet is slow (1Mb/sec when it isn't busy, even less when it is. Seems to be IHG's policy in some hotels now)
- Drinks are very expensive (even for a hotel)
- The gym doesn't normally have the AC on (not once in 3 weeks), so it gets incredibly warm when people are exercising

Overall I really liked this hotel and I would recommend it and would definitely stay again. If you aren't interested in going to the in-house bar or using the internet then this hotel is 5* and you should stay. If you do need access to the internet though you will find it close to unusable at busy times which in this day and age is a disappointment, and prevents you in most cases working from the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the first few floors as you can sometimes hear the bassline from the bar on the lower g...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LifeInAHotel

Dear “LifeInAHotel”,
We would like to thank you for taking time to write a very detailed review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi here on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that our staff gave you an overall excellent service during your stay. Thank you for all the points you have noted about your stay – good and bad.
All your feedback will not go unnoticed and will be shared with the management and colleagues.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers visiting Abu Dhabi and we do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights on my business trip and enjoyed the stay thoroughly. The Disco was amazing with live band playing.
Breakfast was with a lot of variety and the satff too was very welcoming...

Recommend this place totally.. Enjoy travelling!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are either with Hamdan street view or the interior road view. Recommend higher floor Hamdan vi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Crowne Plaza A, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear “TAKARWANKAR”
We would like to thank you for this short & wonderful review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking time to post it here on Tripadvisor.
We are thrilled to know that you were able to enjoy our facilities and services and that you found our staff welcoming.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Located in major area Hamadan street , very near to abudhabhi mall, marina mall and nice abudhabhi corinche.
room are good , bathroom also good . Breakfast was good with lot of choices . staff is very nice and helpful , But little expensive (may be abudhabhi expensive than dubai now)

Room Tip: getting parking is difficult in abudhabhi

Dear “rathish00”,
We would like to thank you for your short but sweet review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.
We are glad that our team managed to make your stay a great one.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.