“Well done!”

Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed there for 27 nights at the Crowne Plaza on Hamdan Street in Abu Dhabi. Excellent location for the purpose of my trip and within proximity to the Corniche and shops. The team at the Garden Restaurant on the 9th floor were so welcoming! - by day 3 everyone knew my name and they treated you as one of their own, which was always appreciated. Cho Gao was an excellent restaurant for Asian cuisine on the main floor that I visited fairly often, and was quite pleased with their service offerings and staff. The Concierge team was excellent - from tips to getting around, managing things within the hotel - excellent customer service. One of the gentleman there consistently placed his hand above my head when I entered a cab - warmly appreciated. The front office staff were quite accommodating, and I did call instant service a fair number of times, so I can appreciate that they always delivered on my expectations. It is definitely a hotel that I would stay at again and recommend for business and personal travel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Crowne Plaza A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear " Domgil1",

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi. It is great to know that the teams at Concierge, Front Office and Garden have delivered on your expectations and helped make your stay a successful one.

We sincerely want to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed lovely review about our hotel and we can't wait to have you back on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

As always when Abu Dhabi I stay in the Crowne Plaza in Hamdan Street. Good location and good hotel. Facilities and restaurants are all excellent. Very professional and friendly staff. The hotel is suited to both business travelers and holiday makers alike. Very family friendly and caring for children.
I would like to thanks the following staff, and if I missed anybody off you can smack me next time;
Nan, Kidest, Jeanette, Lizza, Lori, Su Myat, Kristina, Gabrael, Raj, Luca and all the girls in Spaccanapoli.
See you all soon.

Room Tip: One with a bed.

Dear "RecruiterTheHague",

Thank you very much for posting this wonderful review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you found the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi to be a family friendly hotel. We appreciate your personalized compliments to our staff members and we will make sure they are recognized for it.

Hoping to be welcoming you soon to your home in Abu Dhabi at Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed there for 10 nights. It is strategically located in downtown at a walking distance to corniche. Rooms are big enough and spotless. They have vast array of buffet in breakfast and I simply enjoyed it. In house Restaurants, bar and café are also not to be missed. Has up to date gymnasium. Staff is really friendly and helpful.

Smaller pool, no thermostat in Sauna room.

Room Tip: Try to sttay above level 9 ;-)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Crowne Plaza A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear " holiday_lovers2011",

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed our restaurants and the Health Club facilities. Your nice comments on the staff friendliness are much appreciated.

We hope to see you in the Crowne Plaza on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is my third review of the Crowne Plaza on Hamdan Street in downtown Abu Dhabi; my last two reviews were in 2010 and 2011. I have been staying here since the property opened about 17 years ago. Although there are more opulent hotels in Abu Dhabi, the Crowne Plaza is always my first choice and the #1 reason is the staff. The staff are kind and caring, always smiling. They will do anything within reason to make your stay more comfortable and efficient. My trips are for business, usually 5-30 days in duration. For a little extra, I think the Club rooms are an excellent value. They come with access to the lounge, a great breakfast and two pieces of laundry every day. All the rooms, Club or not, are well set up for business and the Internet service, wired and wireless, is consistently good. Another reason I stay here is because you are in the heart of the city and can experience the local culture, shops and restaurants easily. I just don't understand those who prefer to stay in opulent, marble hotels located in sterile enclaves or on islands where you almost feel like you need to wear a tie in the lobby ... these folks just never experience Abu Dhabi. I highly recommend you give the Crowne Plaza a try; you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank jim_julian
Crowne Plaza A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Mr. Julian,

We are truly honored to read your third review of our hotel. Having been a regular guest of the hotel for the last 17 years is something really special and most of the hotel staff know you by name. Your compliments to the friendly attitude and the hard work of our staff mean a lot to us and will be shared with our staff.

Finally, we would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to welcome you soon to your home in Abu Dhabi at the Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The past three days at this hotel was nothing short of fantastic. The hotel is perfectly located downtown and extremely well-appointed; with an excellent restaurant and exceptional gym. The staff is the model of courtesy and may easily be the most accommodating and helpful group I've encountered in all my travels. The room itself was large, impeccably clean and as comfortable as one could want. There is no place else I would stay on my next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: If you are IHG member, you'll likely get a room upgrade and breakfast is 50% off - working out t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Crowne Plaza A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear "jmpowers",

We are truly honored to read your review and to know that our staff have made your stay nothing short of "fantastic". We consider our staff to be the hotel's most valuable asset and we pride ourselves on selecting team members with great attitude.

We sincerely want to thank you for the lovely review and we can't wait to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Having stayed at this hotel many times over the past five years, I can feel well qualified to now write a review. Although it does not have the glitz of many five star hotels in the UAE, I always look forward to staying here for several reasons; the staff are consistently friendly and helpful, the rooms are generally spotless, the selection of restaurants and bars is very good and the hotel is in a great position in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Crowne Plaza A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear "Steve M",

It is such a delight for us to read your review and to know that our staff have managed to meet your expectations over the last 5 years. Your nice comments about our rooms and restaurants are much appreciated.

We thank you for being a loyal guest to our establishment and for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had our Dubai-Abu Dhabi trip booked through a travel agency. And on the Christmas Eve, the agency arranged a dinner buffet at this hotel for us. We arrived a bit too early and they were just laying out the food. They don't have a very wide buffet. By the way, it was international buffet. But, the food was quite good. So is the service. They have lobsters, large prawns, salmons and some other dishes I forgot already. It was Christmas Eve so they offer wine with the buffet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear "ihui",

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review on the Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet in the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our selection and service and we look forward to welcoming you back to one of our restaurants in the near future.