“Good Property”

Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Good Property”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This property is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi at Hamdan street, The restaurant is very good, and provides good Indian food, except on certain days in a week (i think on Thu night). Restaurant staff are courteous and well mannered.
King size beds are very comfortable, and gives quality sleep. One of my previous experience was not very satisfactory when I was provided with a room (which had access to adjacent room/ with door partition), this the sound insulation was very poor. But, this time, did not feel any discomfort in that aspect. One thing the hotel needs to consider is to upgrade its wooden flooring ( i think the same is being planned by management in near future)
Front office staff are smart and well mannered.
Overall stay - very satisfactory

1 Thank sahidmp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 2 June 2014

very good choice. food needs slight improvement. very clean. excellent beds. very. comfortable. excellent staff. very friendly atmosphere. exactly what a person needs after a busy day. they offer king size beds only in lower floors. this should be changed.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank AliandeCaire
Crowne Plaza A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear "AliandeCaire",

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are very happy to hear your comments about the staff friendliness and our comfortable beds. We do have king sized bedded rooms on all floors of the hotel and we will be happy to assign one for you on your next stay.

Please feel free to correspond with us whenever you have a booking in our hotel on our email dm.cpauh@ihg.com and we will make sure to satisfy all of your preferences.

Hope to see you soon back in the Crowne Plaza.

Kind regards,
Mohamed El Sayed
Front Office Manager
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I tried another hotels in town may be they are newly decorated but you will never find the same service level from the team here, their passion and care about giving you the best stay is the key I need to mention all their names but Michelle in the health club, Ivan from concierge, Marie in the garden restaurant, Gigi the operator are the people I remembered and of course Mohamed El Sayed in the front desk and many others will make it a great experience. I will never stay in another hotel in town.

Melbourne Victoria Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our flight from Australia arrived in early morning and we went straight to the Crowne Plaza from the airport. We took up the offer of early room occupation for 200 dirhams so we could freshen up. Our reception had been handled with smiling skill and ths set the tone for the rest of our stay. The Crowne Plaza has a good range of quality food destinations and we soon made the decision to have all our meals in the hotel. We weren't disappointed and the service at every turn was exemplary. The rooms are clean and of good size and, although our bathroom was a bit squeezy, it was quite adequate and was well supplied with toiletries.i will return to Abu Dhabi and the Crowne Plaza will be my 'home from home' again.
Warner Bastian

Room Tip: Explain your needs to the lovely people at reception. They work very hard to please.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here one night after the Intercontinental was overbooked so it was a transfer and don't have experience in booking. Its somehow on a busy street but i think more convenient if you want to walk around the city. The hotel is aliitle bit old you can feel it once you walk in compared to modern hotels with large open spacious lobby.The reception is after the lifts area and it was very smoky in the lobby area. Regardless our room was spacious, clean and with usual tea/coffee amenities.We only had breakfast here and the most impressive was the staff there very friendly and attentive. Breakfast was also of wide selection and delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent service from the business conference team again on 9th floor. Nothing is too much trouble. Exceptionally attentive, action focused and courtesy runs through their blood. Makes you feel very secure and confident that even if a problem did occur they'd have it fixed almost before it happened ! Thank you !

Also Eryus and Irene were fabulous in their hospitality in the garden restaurant. Home from home ! Thank you !

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My name is Abdul Alliu. I stayed at the Corwne Plaza Hotel, Abu Dhabi for more than two weeks in the month of May 2014. I had a suite in the 17th Floor, on the same floor as the Club Lounge and overlooking the main Sheikh Hamdan Street. The room is spacious and meets all my needs. The location is perfect as it is in the heart of the city, with shopping stores, groceries, restaurants and walking/playing areas close by. The gym on the 19th Floor is fantastic, with all the exercise equipment installed; it is sparklingly clean and open 24 hours for guests. The roof top bar on the 20th Floor and the basement pub are wonderful places to relax with a drink or two in the evenings. They are open everyday till about 2 or 3 am. The Asian restaurant on the ground floor and the hotel restaurant at the 9th Floor are fantastic and a must-see! I never missed my breakfast on the 9th Floor throughout my stay there.
As beautiful as the hotel, its location and amenities are, there is nothing comparable to the wonderful group of people that works there. I have been to many hotels in the world and my experience at this hotel is one of the best and most memorable. The difference is the staff! They pampered me and me feel so much like a king that I actually started thinking that way of myself! From duty manager KHIDIR HUSSAIN (a wonderful host) to HANNAH (who is never tired of attending to my needs with a smile!), NAN (the ever diligent and precise lady), CECILE (who is always saying 'thank you' to everything) and BERNADETTE at the Club Lounge who is an expert in taking care of every guest's requests with a very hearty smile, all the time!
The concierge, SAMSON and RUSS at the basement pub are both wonderful employees that goes beyond the call of duty to help the guests. All the staff of the hotel made me feel so much at home than I have ever felt outside my home. I had so much blast that it will take me forever to recount the whole experience in this forum. I will go back to Crowne Plaza, Abu Dhabi again, and again, and again! I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to all my family members, friends and associates.
ABDUL ALLIU