“perfect location”

Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel last December.
The hotel is located in downtown Abu Dhabi, next to a main road which can get busy.
Shooping and dining nearby, although you will need a taxi to get to the bigger malls.
Room was very big, with a flat screen tv and wooden floors.
Bathroom was a bit outdated but amentites included a rubber duck....something I've never seen before in a hotel.
I did not have the buffet breakfast as it was very expensive though I had a pizza from the room service.
The hotel had a decent gym and a nice roof top pool with a sauna.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
CrownePlazaAbuDhabi, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review .We are glad you have enjoyed our product and services .

At Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi we are continuously upgrading our facilities and services to meet our guest expectations.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

A very comfortable stay although I did receive an upgrade to a Club room which was very unexpected. Coming from drab Kuwait, Abu Dhabi is an exciting alternative to Middle East life and I cannot believe some of the comments others have made about this hotel. Very much downtown, the hotel provides an excellent base to anyone doing business here. I was checked in very promptly and the room provided was very spacious and comfortable. Made my way to the basement bar where a good selection of UK beers were offered although not much to shout about in the bitter department except for Caffreys which is not my cup of tea. Sorry but I am a real ale fan and it gets on my goat that only fizzy lagers are sold in these establishments but musn't grumble as I am in the Middle East. The bar menu was extensive and was served very promptly and to be honest was just what the doctor ordered. The bar itself is hidden away in the basement (just the way it is here) but was lively especially when the football started. It was a six nations rugby day and was packed later on. I paid around 90 pounds for B&B and although I only stayed one night I would be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Ferryboy20

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review .We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi .

Reviewed 26 March 2010

Dated interior. Good Restaurant Cho Gao, average breakfast average swimming pool in a good location. can't complain but cant really recommend. Staff were very enthusiastic to help in the conferernance but apart from that it was a little dull.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
CrownePlazaAbuDhabi, Director of Sales & Marketing at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review .We are glad our team made your stay enjoyable and hope you had a successful conference.

Reviewed 13 March 2010

I stayed two nights at the Cown Plaza at the end of February as a stop over on my way to Southafrica.
The staff is really helpful and very friendly. Rooms are clean and spacious and everything was working fine.
The hotel is located near to a big street and within a ten minutes walk to the Corniche.
So if your room is facing to the street you can hear the traffic noise a little bit but this was not a problem to me.
I dind't had breakfast in the hotel so I cannot say anything abou this. There are small restaurants near to the hotel so try these: I never was disappointed.
At one evening I had dinner at the small asian restaurant which belongs to the hotel and the meal and the service were excellent and the price was reasonable.
There is a supermarket on the other side of the street where you van buy everything you don't want to buy in the hotel, e.g. beverages.
The hotel has a small nice pool on the roof which I used every evening to my satisfaction.
I can recommend the hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Micky_Stuttgart
cedricgaillard, Executive Assistant Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2010

Dear Mr Micky,

Greetings from Abu Dhabi!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.

Your comments will not go un-noticed and will be shared with our team members.

As you have pointed out, the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi is centrally located and facilitate the access to several amenities in its immediate surrounding, making our hotel the ideal location in Abu Dhabi for business as well as for leisure.

We look forward welcoming you again on your next visit and thank you for choosing our hotel for your base in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 12 March 2010

When you're sitting inside, you might be everywhere in the world, which is a bit of a pitty. Nice location in the middle of the city, with a nice swimming pool and rest/sun area on the top of the hotel.

Very friendly staff. Food at the 9th floor is excellent, although a bit expensive I think. Bar in the basement is too loudly, too busy for me.

All in all, nice experience. Abu Dhabi would not be my favorite touristic location, but for business, I think this hotel offers you all you need.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Dear Mr Marc Karin,

Recognition from our valued guests is music to our ears. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be delighted to share your comments with all our valuable team members.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your base in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 2 March 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi for one night with a group of friends when we attended a ball in its conference facilities. I'm glad it was only for one night. The Crowne Plaza is well situated in Abu Dhabi (that is to say it is centrally located - the surrounding area is not attractive and is mainly populated by fast food joints - but the Crowne Plaza can't be blamed for Abu Dhabi's general shabbiness) and its rooms are large and beds comfortable. BUT that didn't make up for the catalogue of other problems:

- when we checked in we were told there was a computer problem and that we couldn't check in. We weren't given an alternative of being shown a room with the paperwork being done when the system was up, we were simply told that since THEIR system was down we couldn't use the room for a time we had paid for;
- the pool area is small, reasonably shabby and not comparable to other Abu Dhabi hotels I've stayed in;
- the general decor is 1980s Love Boat...lots of pastel green and pink and plastic ivy in the communal areas;
- my room-mate went back to the room early. When I returned almost an hour later she had just been let in the room after the key had failed (presumably as a result of the computer glitch earlier) and security had failed to believe she was at the right room and been very rude and uncooperative;
- the bath/shower had a lining of mould (possibly just a result of the hotel being so old) and a disconcerting 'bouncy' spot where the plastic was warped.

The Crowne Plaza was not a cheap option despite its age and its staff and general systems were woefully lacking. If you're going to stay in Abu Dhabi opt for a newer, more professional hotel like the Beach Rotana, Shangri-La or Intercontinental. You may pay marginally more but your stay will be exponentially better.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank fc1
cedricgaillard, Executive Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2010

Dear Sir, Madame,
We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and are truly sorry to hear that the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi did meet your expectations.
While we have taken into consideration your comments, we would also like to inform you that the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi is currently under going several phases of renovation, which will include in the near future the bed room upgrade. Our first phase near to completion was to include the launch of Cho Gao restaurant Asian, Spaccanapoli italian restaurant (opening mid-april) and the refurbishment of our Heroes Pub.
Being one of the very first city hotel in Abu Dhabi, we aim to remain at the heart of the city while continuously improving our offers and services. In the meantime, we do hope to welcome you again at the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi for your to enjoy fully your next visit in Abu Dhabi.
Best regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2010

Spent 5 nights at the Crowne Plaza. Breakfast very expensive at £21. Room very spacious and well maintained. Their Limo service is a rip-off - 130 Dirhams from AbuDhabi Airport - 50 Dirhams in the metered taxi. Their staff do not like you getting metered taxi's, they push the Limo service quite aggressively. Was invited to a Cocktail Party on the Monday evening of our stay which was most enjoyable. Ate at their new ChouChou Restaurant one evening which was very good. New Italian Restaurant not open yet (Jan 2010). Heroes Bar in the basement is a very noisy "nightclub" type of establishment. Pool area on the roof consisted of 6 sun loungers for a hotel this size is not aduquate. We visited the pool area one day during our stay and just managed to get the 2 remaining loungers. Other people arrived after us, and they had nowhere to sit.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garner
CrownePlazaAbuDhabi, Management Team at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2010

Dear Valued guest;
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review. We do appreciate your feedback and we are pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We regret any inconvenience caused due to buffet Breakfast and Limo rates.A la carte breakfast options are available through room service and hotel's lobby coffee shop “Cappuccino’s” .As for the city taxis unfortunately are not available on demand and our team are trained to offer Limousine service for reliability and guest comfort.

We are glad you have enjoyed our new Asian restaurant CHO GAO and we look forward to welcome you to Spacca Napoli which is due to open in April.
Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay and we look forward to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi in the near future.