“A solid 5-star hotel with great levels of comfort”

Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Have spent 3 days in this smart, outstanding hotel perfectly located in the city centre of Abu Dhabi with every kind of outlets, services and amenities you could imagine just around the corner or even.... downstairs.

My splendid suite on the 12th floor was extremely well-equipped and offered any kind of facility/amenity: a gorgeous living room with kitchenette, huge LCD-TV, dining area, drawing area and floor to ceiling windows, bathroom with beautiful toiletries (just the lighting was a little bit insufficient whereas in all the other rooms was magnificent) and wide, bright bedroom.

Alongisde with all of the "expected" amenities some cosy gadgets like the sleeping set (visible in one of my pictures) with 2 indulging products and many good advices to sleep well - mission accomplished! - together with a wonderful pillow menu. A 2nd huge LCD-TV in the bedroom, steam iron, ironing board, safe, slippers, bathrobe, lots of mirrors, WI-FI internet connection and many other amenities to make one's stay really comfortable.

On the 9th floor there is one of the property's restaurants where the extensive buffet breakfast is served. Numberless sweet and salt mouth watering temptations, refined atmosphere and very polite staff just to mention some of the pros. I'd like to recommend to choose one of the tables close to the windows with stunning view on the city.

I've been also in the Club Lounge on the 19th floor: just perfect from every point of view (unfortunately could spend some time there only once). The pool on the top (22nd floor) is well wide & equipped, as well as surrounded by an extensive sun terrace with sun beds, a bar and gazebos.

The staff in every department is both extremely kind and efficient. A noteworthy example of real professionalism.

I would have enjoyed also some other property's restaurants like the newly opened Italian Spaccanapoli or Heroes, Cho Gao etc. but could not find enough time. One more reason to go back there next time I'm in Abu Dhabi!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
CrownePlazaAbuDhabi, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review .

We are privileged that our team managed to match your expectation and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2010

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel last April. The hotel is located in downtown Abu Dhabi, next to a main road which can get busy. Shooping and dining nearby, although you will need a taxi to get to the bigger malls. Room was very big, with a flat screen tv and wooden floors. Bathroom was a bit outdated but amentites included a rubber duck....something I've never seen before in a hotel. Hotel has a nice resturanrts. The hotel had a decent gym and a nice roof top pool with a sauna

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel last December.
Room was very big, with a flat screen tv and wooden floors.
I did not have the buffet breakfast as it was very expensive though I had a pizza from the room service.
The hotel had a decent gym and a nice roof top pool with a sauna.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review .We are glad you have enjoyed our product and services .

At Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi we are continuously upgrading our facilities and services to meet our guest expectations.

Reviewed 5 April 2010

A very comfortable stay although I did receive an upgrade to a Club room which was very unexpected. Coming from drab Kuwait, Abu Dhabi is an exciting alternative to Middle East life and I cannot believe some of the comments others have made about this hotel. Very much downtown, the hotel provides an excellent base to anyone doing business here. I was checked in very promptly and the room provided was very spacious and comfortable. Made my way to the basement bar where a good selection of UK beers were offered although not much to shout about in the bitter department except for Caffreys which is not my cup of tea. Sorry but I am a real ale fan and it gets on my goat that only fizzy lagers are sold in these establishments but musn't grumble as I am in the Middle East. The bar menu was extensive and was served very promptly and to be honest was just what the doctor ordered. The bar itself is hidden away in the basement (just the way it is here) but was lively especially when the football started. It was a six nations rugby day and was packed later on. I paid around 90 pounds for B&B and although I only stayed one night I would be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Ferryboy20

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review .We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi .

Reviewed 26 March 2010

Dated interior. Good Restaurant Cho Gao, average breakfast average swimming pool in a good location. can't complain but cant really recommend. Staff were very enthusiastic to help in the conferernance but apart from that it was a little dull.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
CrownePlazaAbuDhabi, Director of Sales & Marketing at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review .We are glad our team made your stay enjoyable and hope you had a successful conference.

Reviewed 13 March 2010

I stayed two nights at the Cown Plaza at the end of February as a stop over on my way to Southafrica.
The staff is really helpful and very friendly. Rooms are clean and spacious and everything was working fine.
The hotel is located near to a big street and within a ten minutes walk to the Corniche.
So if your room is facing to the street you can hear the traffic noise a little bit but this was not a problem to me.
I dind't had breakfast in the hotel so I cannot say anything abou this. There are small restaurants near to the hotel so try these: I never was disappointed.
At one evening I had dinner at the small asian restaurant which belongs to the hotel and the meal and the service were excellent and the price was reasonable.
There is a supermarket on the other side of the street where you van buy everything you don't want to buy in the hotel, e.g. beverages.
The hotel has a small nice pool on the roof which I used every evening to my satisfaction.
I can recommend the hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Micky_Stuttgart
cedricgaillard, Executive Assistant Manager at Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2010

Dear Mr Micky,

Greetings from Abu Dhabi!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi.

Your comments will not go un-noticed and will be shared with our team members.

As you have pointed out, the Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi is centrally located and facilitate the access to several amenities in its immediate surrounding, making our hotel the ideal location in Abu Dhabi for business as well as for leisure.

We look forward welcoming you again on your next visit and thank you for choosing our hotel for your base in Abu Dhabi.

Cedric Gaillard
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2010

When you're sitting inside, you might be everywhere in the world, which is a bit of a pitty. Nice location in the middle of the city, with a nice swimming pool and rest/sun area on the top of the hotel.

Very friendly staff. Food at the 9th floor is excellent, although a bit expensive I think. Bar in the basement is too loudly, too busy for me.

All in all, nice experience. Abu Dhabi would not be my favorite touristic location, but for business, I think this hotel offers you all you need.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Dear Mr Marc Karin,

Recognition from our valued guests is music to our ears. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be delighted to share your comments with all our valuable team members.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your base in Abu Dhabi.

Cedric Gaillard