“Christmas at Hotel”

InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We have just enjoyed a fantastic few days at the Hotel, the staff are very friendly, and nothing is too much trouble for them, me being reliant on a wheelchair, everyone offers to help.
With the many food outlets, there was always something to meet any taste, the Turkey very succulent, not the dried offering often found at Christmas buffets

Room Tip: we had a room facing the sea on the sixth floor, no noise at all, fully booked for the New Year, But...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John A
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your delightful experience during your recent stay with us.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the InterContinental Abu Dhabi a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again and thank you for choosing InterContinental Abu Dhabi. Have a wonderful New Year.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 24 December 2012

This hotel is really an intercontinental style hotel, big lobby, perfect piano lounge cafeteria ,amazing out door dining experiences with multiple choices of food and drinks ( Belgian cafe,fish market, marina restaurant and pool bars ).
Location is good, uphill, 10 minuets drive from city centre and nearest shopping malls, any way the metered taxis are at hand at the gate plus hotel limos.
Breakfast is excellent quality and presentation.
All staff are friendly, helpful with smiley faces and eager to satisfy you.
-----------------
Why?
The room furniture is old
The shuttle only for 2 shopping malls, not for city tour or landmarks ( e.g.Khalifa mosque or even airport )
--------
Tip... City view rooms have some access to sea view and cheaper ..
If coming back will stay there again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hexa67

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review commenting on your recent stay with us.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Your comments will be shared with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back again to the InterContinental Abu Dhabi. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I am a fan of the Intercon brand and choose to stay here as I had been to the hotel before but never stayed. I elected to go for the Club room so as to utilise the Club floor. The club room was big enough and the bed was very comfortable, one let down was the lack of iron and iron board in the room. I ate breakfast and took coffee in the club lounge, staff there very helpful and the lounge offers some good views of the city. The club lounge was very handy for the numerous meetings I had with clients, it offers somewhere quiet and private to discuss business in a neutral environment. My timetable meant that I did not have time to try any of the bars or restaurants in the hotel, the room service food I had was of a good standard, I also found all staff to be polite and helpful. For my next trip to Abu Dhabi I will be back at the Intercon for sure.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I delighted to hear that you are a fan of the InterContinental Brand and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review reflecting on you last stay with us.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us as it helps us to discover shortfalls and rectify them.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the InterContinental Abu Dhabi and wish you a happy new year.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

We stayed in the Abu Dhabi Intercontinental hotel in Dec 2012. Like other people who left a review here, I have to agree about the hotel decor. It feels a little dated and not to a cool-modern standard, but it didn't take away from the 5*experience. The room is kept perfectly clean, the lobby and pool area are beautiful, the staff polite, helpful and attentive, and there is a great choice of restaurants - of which we loved the Yacht Club Japanese restaurant. We'd definitely recommend it and would return to stay anytime.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JitkaW
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write your review and share your feedback with us. Your feedback was shared with the team of the hotel. We are committed to offer all our guests a great experience and best quality service.

I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you again soon at InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business. True, it's an old establishment but I found it to be beautiful and full of character. Older places in the UAE interest me as they are the exception and not the norm. I had a club room which wasn't very big, however, it was elegant and well appointed (most comfortable bed!).The room overlooked the water and the strip of high rise buildings across. To the left, I had a partial view of Emirates Palace. That said, you probably want to avoid rooms on the 17th floor that are directly below the Club Lounge, because you could hear people walking all afternoon and evening, and from 6 am onwards as they get the place ready for breakfast.
The lobby is charming and was quite busy when I was there. There was a massive gingerbread house in the lobby along with other holiday decorations, very charming. The place seems popular as you see restaurants and cafes packed with diners. I would also like to mention that staff were very helpful and friendly. I didn't experience any of the restaurants except for the breakfast at the club lounge which was just ok. Overall, I really liked this older hotel in this very glitzy beaufitufl country and would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 17th floor that are directly below the club lounge.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review. Myself and the whole team of InterContinental Abu Dhabi have taken note of your very constructive feedback.
I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

There is plenty of choice if you want to stay at a 5 Star Hotel in Ab Dhabi. The InterConti will come into its own when the new Beach complex is completed next year but until then you can find better 5 star choices! The new Beach complex was expected to finish early January but it looks like it will be several months late. In the meantime, there is some noise from the building but the Restaurants are of a high standard and the pool at Floor 3 level of the Hotel is unaffected by the building works.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. As you mentioned, our beach development will florish into an amazing beach facilities. The project is expected to be ready by end of quarter 2 of 2013.
I look forward to welcoming you to the InterContinental Abu Dhabi in the near future, when my team and I will do our utmost to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

After a 5 night stay at this hotel, I can only recommend the looking elsewhere, the rooms are very poor in decor and quality, time to knock the place down and start again, this might of been one of the first ones to be built in the area in the 70`s but it time to knock it down and build a new one, the refurbishment of the beach and pool areas may look nice when finished, the rooms need to be refurbished, you cannot open the room windows, not just because of health and safety but also from all the bird dropping all along the window sills, the looks on peoples faces around the pools, is more like "why did I book a room at this place?"

knock it down and start again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swissinfo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and giving us your feed back. InterContinental Abu Dhabi has gone through a major renovation development in 2006, and since then we are continuously working on restorations within the hotel. I thank you once again and apologise for any inconvenience caused.