“Unforgetable stay! Excellent service!!!”

InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Ranked #18 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The hotel is lovely. Excellent service ,staff just great !!! but no russian speakers staff :(((( except one lady at front desk....The food is amazing!!! good location not far from main shopping mall Marina...We will back to this hotel in a future....

Regards

Yuri, from Moskow.Russia

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,497)

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Hotel is lovely with it's own beach and lovely gym. But the best part of the hotel complex is the variety of restaurants which make you feel that you are not in a hotel complex because several are based around a marina.

Staff incredibly friendly.

1  Thank Soton1_12
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and to write your review. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we are delighted that you enjoyed our restaurants around the Marina during your stay. We are committed to continue to offer our guests with the best experience during their stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you once again.

Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

I loved this place! When in England before I went every one who was Arab was harping on about this place so I chose to stay there. I have to say the rooms are excellent. I went on my own and they were the perfect size. I went in December 2012. Although the hotel was apparently full I didn't notice unless I went to the beach or had breakfast. The staff were helpful, my room was cleaned at least twice a day. Although at the time they were refurbishing this did not affect my stay there too much. They definitely need more beach space so I will be keen to go back once it has been refurbished. I haven't given a 5/5 purely because of the work being done and also a note that although the stuff are great and very helpful they must try to be more attentive to people during the busy periods. Opening another area like the terrace bars downstairs was a great ideas as the island where the omelettes are made can be ridiculously busy. Spreading people out in two venues at busy time periods sustains the quality of service. However when another area is opened the service should still remain at a high standard especially since you work well on your own reputation following this will sustain you for being one of the great hotels. Another thing I would like to point out is the shuttle service you need more shuttles and they need to offer to go to more destinations ie the airport & perhaps the heritage centre. This I believe is one of the areas you are failing at. At present you go to the two main malls which is great. I believe the times to come back should be extended to at least 9pm. The fish market was great the chief was wonderful. My birthday meal there was amazing! Aesthetically though the place needs fixing up. Apart from the outside area you eat at I feel it is missing the wow factor. I hope this is an area which will be developed. Lastly I think you should consider putting an itinerary of what is going on in the hotel on the TV. There was some great music set & ladies nights which I only happened to stumble across while talking to others. No info about the great things going on in the hotel which was disappointing apart from the kids events which I had no interest in because I have no children. The one night I could have had free champagne all night, I missed it because I didn't know it was on. Make more effort to promote these things your hotel is great! Fabulous location.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and to write your review. I am very pleased to learn that you have largely enjoyed your stay with us. The beach area development plan is ongoing and it is due to finish end of sprint 2013.

I have shared all your comments with our with our concierge team and our engineering team. We value such comments as it will allow us to provide the best service and experience our guests expect from us. As for our Food and Beverage promotions, I have emphasised to the team that we have to make sure the newsletter we publish every month is placed in the guest rooms and we are looking at other options to make sure our in house guests to do miss out on any of our promotions.

Once again, I thank you for your time to write this review and hope you will have it in your schedule to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Brilliant hotel, extreme hospitality, incredible infrastructure, well cared rooms needs a little renovation,,,, fantastic and friendly, super friendly staff great location,Check in was smooth and welcoming, the lobby was very well staffed.though i had to wait a bit for check in but its understandable it was a busy time.the view from the room was awesome though the room's AC was not working properly and had a little problem with lights.one of the finest collection of restaurants in the hotel delicious cuisines and very friendly staff.On the whole a fantastic hotel to stay either its business, leisure, family,i will recommend Intercontinental AD.

Room Tip: rooms with sea view are marvelous.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write your review. I have shared your review with the team and they are all determined to make sure all our guests leave with an unforgettable pleasant experience.

Our aim is to give our utmost and provide the service you expect from us. I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

What a fantastic celebration of 2013 we had at Intercontinental this year! From checking in up to our checking out time everything was just perfect: well groomed welcoming staff at the reception of the hotel (even though we had some issue upon check in, it was solved immediately), beautiful room with a nice view, great service at the Club Lounge 18th floor and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Club room with a sea view
1  Thank Katushka787

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have shared your kind words with all the colleagues in the hotel and they were great inspiration for all of us to continue to extend a service that provides our guests with a memorable experience.
Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Awful and confrontational management. 1. We arrived late on Christmas eve, check-in was slow. We booked through British Airways a room for 3 adults and paid for 3 adults bed and breakfast (requesting two double beds for mother and 2 adult daughters). We had also researched the hotel on the Intercontinental website. After a slow check in with rude reception staff, we were shown our room - a twin room with 2 single beds only set up and suitable for 2 persons. We returned to reception where our nightmare before Christmas began courtesy of the hotel management.

The hotel manager (deputy night manager) was not interested in addressing our concern that we had booked for 3 adults but were only provided with a room for 2.

Their only solution was to offer a camp bed, which was too small for fully grown adults and also the twin room was too small for the camp bed.

The management said that the hotel only
has a twin room with single beds or a double room with one double bed. So the only option for the third adult was to sleep on the make-shift camp bed, even though we had booked and paid for 3 adults.

This was not what we had booked and we couldn't bear one week on a camp bed that would only fit a small child. However, they would not offer us a refund as we had booked though a third party rather than the hotel directly.

We fought with the management for 2 hours (it was now 11pm on Christmas eve) and they were very reluctant to offer any solutions. We had to be very firm to try to resolve the issues with the room not meeting the terms that our booking was based on. Our hands were tied as we couldn't get a refund and go to the Hinton instead.

After a very frustrating long period arguing at reception, the duty manager (most senior at night) reluctantly made some phone calls and offered us a mini-suite. We were still stuck with a double bed plus one camp bed but at least the additional space in the suite compensated for the very uncomfortable nights' sleep on the camp bed.

2. The hotel website did not obviously state that the beach area was undergoing major refurb so the beach is split in two and has construction work noise all day. That said, the beach was nice and was still usable. It should have been made more obvious on the website or at reception. Pool area was full most days so beach is the only option.

3. Breakfast was good, but when busy the overflow breakfast restaurant did not match the variety of food on offer in main breakfast room.

4. General staff at hotel were very nice and friendly, we only had issues with the rude management.

5. In the suite room the lights did not always work (we had to get someone to fix this everyday) despite the master light button being turned on. More of an annoyance if anything.

6. We also spoke to other managers during our stay regarding small requests or changes, which were equally laborious and confrontational as our first night.

Other than battling with management, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Beccy_com

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your reviews and comments on your recent visit to the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to solve problems arising and take the necessary actions to ensure these situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the honest feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
We have communicated with the travel agents to make sure they provide their clients the exact description of the extra beds used in 5 star hotels in order to avoid any future disappointments.
I do apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming your back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi in the near future.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We have just enjoyed a fantastic few days at the Hotel, the staff are very friendly, and nothing is too much trouble for them, me being reliant on a wheelchair, everyone offers to help.
With the many food outlets, there was always something to meet any taste, the Turkey very succulent, not the dried offering often found at Christmas buffets

Room Tip: we had a room facing the sea on the sixth floor, no noise at all, fully booked for the New Year, But...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John A
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your delightful experience during your recent stay with us.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the InterContinental Abu Dhabi a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again and thank you for choosing InterContinental Abu Dhabi. Have a wonderful New Year.