You will note I have reviewed this hotel before, because stayed many times but on my last few visits in 2012 must say that the standards of this hotel are slipping you will see from my previous reviews of this hotel I rated it excellent now Im not so sure, although the staff are truly excellent and the service we receive is again still excellent I cant help but feel that since complete change of senior management at this hotel its taken a severe step backwards the hotel now caters and seems more interested in families staying, which is fine, but allowing children to run around club lounge Morning, noon and night is very poor the service in the club longe is still good but that is more to do with the original staff then the management, Children also run along the top of the pool bar and use the in pool seats has stepping stones again the pool staff do there best to control it, but senior pool management hardly ever assist, which puts pool staff in awkward position. was shocked that on new years day when hotel was 100% full all senior management decide to have day off! even the Pool/recreation manager of on this day! thats unacceptable and this hotels owners are spending millions on the beach and resort in general, please I hope this is not wasted which is the way i see it going.....
Air Con in rooms is only adequate and very noisy and thats in winter months in summer its not adequate at all.
Restaurants are all good with some good service and management.
There have been lots of staff changes over recent months, which is always a sign all is not well just hope they can raise there game and not lose anymore, especially with Jumeriah opened next door St Regis oposite, unless the hotel raises its game I only see it going one way, and if past 12 months is anything to go by! well..........
in my opinion the Intercontinental has made huge changes at this hotel the owners are injecting much cash the ground staff are very good but something is severely wrong here and needs addressing and fast, otherwise its just going to become another once great but now average hotel. I can only view on my stays and there have been plenty, but would I return probably not. which is sad. There is now much choice in hotels in Abu Dhabi and a good reputation can easily fade away if management leads hotel in another direction, which is fine if thats there vision forward but returning guest and business travellers will start to dwindle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Abu Dhabi is perfectly situated on the beach and less than 10 minutes from bustling downtown and the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Heritage Village, the Cultural Foundation and Lulu Island are also close by. For a unique shopping experience, the Gold Souk (market) is a must while the Marina and Abu Dhabi Malls offer more contemporary alternatives. The hotel concierge can arrange a 4x4 desert safari for those looking for adventure. Our Bayshore Beach Club offers the beast recreiation facilities, 300 meters white sandy beach, an adult pool with a wish up bar, a children's splash pool with a slide and a shaded children's pool. The Bayshore Beach area also includes a beach bar and a restaurant offering delicoius snacks and drinks. Guests can also continue to enjoy our outdoor pool located on the 3rd floor of the main hotel building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi Intercontinental