“Stellar Business Stay- Highly Recommend It”

InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I recently had the pleasure of a two-week stay for business at the Intercon in Abu Dhabi. The location- near the Corniche, Marina mall, and many restaurants/lounges- was perfect. A suite with access to the 18th floor club lounge was arranged for me + husband, and I don't think I can overstate the excellence of this club lounge. The buffet breakfast there was solid with variety, the afternoon and evening snacks/drinks excellent, and the service utterly impeccable. It really was the highlight of our stay. The outdoor pool and beach area were relaxing, and I made use of the indoor jacuzzi and steam room on the regular. The gym was also very well equipped. Being there over the holiday season, choirs and singers greeted us in the lobby nearly every evening, and my husband and I enjoyed lounging at the Yacht Club and Belgian Cafe at night as well. I also cannot overstate the kindness and helpfulness of the staff- in particular in the club lounge- just lovely. I also utilized the complimentary services of the hotel tailor, and husband had a good massage at the spa. Overall, an excellent stay, and we would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Access to the Club Lounge is a worthwhile perk!
Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LadyEsqDC
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear LadyEsqDC

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review . Your comments have been shared with the team here at the hotel. We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our aim to extend our best service to our guests and to provide them with a memorable experience.

Once again I thank you on behalf of the whole team at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel provices excellent facilities and services at a reasonable price.

The staff were fantastic and could not do enough to make our stay more enjoyable

The hotel was undergoing some renovations, and the building is one of the older ones in Abu Dhabi (some interesting historical photos in the lobby highlighted this), however it was well maintained, very clean, and the service was exceptional.

The Club Lounge also provided an excellent space to relax within the hotel without having to sit in the room or lobby, and also serves refreshments throughout the day

Room Tip: If choosing to go Club Level, there is no need to select a rate that includes breakfast, as the food...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Leonie T
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review describing you recent stay with us. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay. Our aim is always to extend the best service to our valued guests and provide them with exceptional and unforgettable experience.

Your comments have been shared with the team here at the hotel and we are committed to continue to extend our best service to all our guests.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed here recently and one thing I will say is that the view was great from our room.
The room itself was clean and had all that we wanted including tea and coffee!!

The rest of the hotels facilties leaves alot to be desired, especially the staff at the desk and the restaurant facilities.

It is located a bit out of the city main area's but there is usually taxis about, which is not too bad.
Pricewise it is not too bad either.
You can also do Brunch here but I would not recommend it, as were very dissatisfied with it!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Obbarry

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review and comments on your last visit to InterContinental Abu Dhabi. The feedback we receive from our valued guests such as yourself, enable us to solve any issues that might arise.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed the comfort of the our rooms and at the same time apologise for any inconvenience or unsatisfactory experience you might have faced.

I thank you once again and hope you will give the team and myself the chance to welcome you once again at the hotel.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on business in November and have never felt so at home. The room was spacious without feeling overwhelming. All amenities are in easy reach - great room service and dining facilities. The breakfast buffet is endless... A good selection of hotel bars and evening entertainment spread across the week. In close proximity to Emirates Palace, Yas Marina Circuit and city centre. The service was superb - a credit to IHG.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Simtravel_12

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I have shared your review with the hotel team, such reviews encourages the whole team to do their utmost to provide our guests with an unforgettable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

You will note I have reviewed this hotel before, because stayed many times but on my last few visits in 2012 must say that the standards of this hotel are slipping you will see from my previous reviews of this hotel I rated it excellent now Im not so sure, although the staff are truly excellent and the service we receive is again still excellent I cant help but feel that since complete change of senior management at this hotel its taken a severe step backwards the hotel now caters and seems more interested in families staying, which is fine, but allowing children to run around club lounge Morning, noon and night is very poor the service in the club longe is still good but that is more to do with the original staff then the management, Children also run along the top of the pool bar and use the in pool seats has stepping stones again the pool staff do there best to control it, but senior pool management hardly ever assist, which puts pool staff in awkward position. was shocked that on new years day when hotel was 100% full all senior management decide to have day off! even the Pool/recreation manager of on this day! thats unacceptable and this hotels owners are spending millions on the beach and resort in general, please I hope this is not wasted which is the way i see it going.....
Air Con in rooms is only adequate and very noisy and thats in winter months in summer its not adequate at all.
Restaurants are all good with some good service and management.
There have been lots of staff changes over recent months, which is always a sign all is not well just hope they can raise there game and not lose anymore, especially with Jumeriah opened next door St Regis oposite, unless the hotel raises its game I only see it going one way, and if past 12 months is anything to go by! well..........
in my opinion the Intercontinental has made huge changes at this hotel the owners are injecting much cash the ground staff are very good but something is severely wrong here and needs addressing and fast, otherwise its just going to become another once great but now average hotel. I can only view on my stays and there have been plenty, but would I return probably not. which is sad. There is now much choice in hotels in Abu Dhabi and a good reputation can easily fade away if management leads hotel in another direction, which is fine if thats there vision forward but returning guest and business travellers will start to dwindle

Room Tip: Family/ Holiday resort that this is becoming, if thats what you want its very good, business or coup...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear Dubaiman

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your reviews and comments on your recent visit to the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to solve problems arising and take the necessary actions to ensure these situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the honest feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
I thank you for your kind words towards our employees. Such words are always encouraging and motivate the team to give their utmost to make your stay a memorable one.
I would like to apologise for the disturbance you faced from the children in the Club Lounge and on the pool . As you know the festive season attracts leisure travellers with children as well as couples. Nevertheless, we have taken the necessary measures to emphasise the children policy in the Club Lounge and around the pool.

I have shared your feedback related to the A/C with our engineering team and we will make sure this does not occur in the future.

With regard to your comment on management presence on 1st Jan 2013, I would like to let you know that we always have a senior manager on duty during festive and public holidays securing a smooth operation.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance or information. I look forward to seeing you again at the InterContinental Abu Dhabi and many thanks for your feed back.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed there for 9 days and it was just awesome! You can see, that the hotel is not the newest one, but it didn't bother me.
In summary, the room was great, the service (our safe made some problems, but a maintenance came always within 20 minutes) and the foot great as well. I was absolutely satisfied with this hotel. Thank you for this fantastic stay.
In addition, I would really point out the concierge service, who was able to find my lost mobile in Abu Dhabi, which is almost impossible! Thank you again!

If I had to criticize anything, that would it be the construction close to the hotel or the private beach, But there is construction work in the whole city, which I had expected in such an ambitious city.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with sea view. First, because the view is great, second you don't hear...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and thank you for complimenting our engineering and our concierge teams. Our aim is always to extend the best service to our guests and give them an unforgettable experience.
As for the beach project, it is due to be finalised by end of spring 2013. I sincerely hope you will visit us back to enjoy this new facility.
Thanks once again and best regards

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Great welcome and service throughout my short stay at the Intercontinetal but the property generally is showing it's age. Rooms are of a classic style, which is fine, but the TV was not functioning on arrival and I had to request assistance. The wall AC control was broken and the AC did not seem particularly effective even when set from the bedside controls. Bathroom again was fine, but could do with updating. As with all 5 star hotels, the standard really depends on what you use as the comparison. Compared to the hotels I have stayed in down the road in Dubai this was not really up to scratch hence my rating. Room service was ok, breakfast was good with a great selection. Again, service was spot on, and staff were very friendly.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan M

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review and for your time to give us your constructive opinion. It is through such comments that we better our service and make sure these comments are shared, analysed and worked on.
I do apologise for the inconvenience you have faced during your stay and assure you that the team and I have taken care of the points mentions.
Thanks once again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the InterContinental Abu Dhabi.