“Good Solid Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
glasgow
“Good Solid Hotel”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed for 9 days over Christmas and New Year and had a great time. On Christmas morning we had a little stocking on our room door which was a lovely touch. The food in the hotel was good and the staff were polite, friendly and very helpful. Our room was a good size and the bed was super comfortable, the bathroom needs a little modernisation though.
I thought the location of the hotel was good you can walk to the Marina Mall, the Emirates Palace Hotel and the Heritage Village but I would recommend taxi's as they are cheap. I would also like to say the Pianist and Singer in the Piano bar were a joy to listen to. Alcohol is expensive in the hotel as it is in most 5* hotels. The beach and pool extension will look fabulous when completed and would be worth seeing, so I may return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pollyd1961
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Pollyd1961
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our room comfortable. I have taken note of your commen t with regard to our bathrooms. Our aim is to extend to our guests a memorable experience.

t is most satisfying to learn that you have visited most of the locations around the hotel and found it to be interesting.

Our beach development is undergoing and as you commented, when this project is done, it will be a destination like no other in Abu Dhabi.

I have shared your kind comments with our team, it is always a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dieter Franke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

The hotel is set near the landmark Emirates hotel and the Marina Mall. The location is good if your traveling on business with family. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the mall. The hotel staff are very friendly and the hotel has nice facilities. The small Martina in the hotel is nice for an evening walk. The hotel is a bit far from any stops and restaurants, however the hotel has restaurants and cafes, but if you still want to eat out taxis regularly pass by.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Brunel-Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to extend to our guests a memorable experience.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We went to Abu Dhabi for the arrival of our newest Grandchild(who arrived on the day of our landing)The Intercontinental was recommended by our son & daughter in law. It has a good reputation with those who live there. I cannot find a flaw in the service we received. We had a couple of problems that the management couldn't have been more helpful to iron out. I found it difficult filling in the "how was your stay questionnaire" as although some shone, all were very friendly & professional. Our Granddaughter was more than welcome for buffet meals (which really helped as our son & daughter in law were rather busy with the new arrival).The room was comfortable clean with all that was needed.
I think it was the amazing staff who made it such a memorable stay.We awoke on Christmas morning to a stocking attached to our door with little gifts, nice touch!
If there is one criticism it was the muzak in the lifts, pool area etc but guess its in most hotels?
Will return as soon as I can
Thankyou

Room Tip: We had a city view but came with half board. There are no balconies throughout the hotel only thing...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank juliesanders572
Dear Juliesanders572

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review. I am delighted that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is always to provide our guests with a cherished and memorable experience.

I have shared your kind comments with our team, it was a pleasure looking after you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I recently had the pleasure of a two-week stay for business at the Intercon in Abu Dhabi. The location- near the Corniche, Marina mall, and many restaurants/lounges- was perfect. A suite with access to the 18th floor club lounge was arranged for me + husband, and I don't think I can overstate the excellence of this club lounge. The buffet breakfast there was solid with variety, the afternoon and evening snacks/drinks excellent, and the service utterly impeccable. It really was the highlight of our stay. The outdoor pool and beach area were relaxing, and I made use of the indoor jacuzzi and steam room on the regular. The gym was also very well equipped. Being there over the holiday season, choirs and singers greeted us in the lobby nearly every evening, and my husband and I enjoyed lounging at the Yacht Club and Belgian Cafe at night as well. I also cannot overstate the kindness and helpfulness of the staff- in particular in the club lounge- just lovely. I also utilized the complimentary services of the hotel tailor, and husband had a good massage at the spa. Overall, an excellent stay, and we would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Access to the Club Lounge is a worthwhile perk!
Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LadyEsqDC
Dear LadyEsqDC

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review . Your comments have been shared with the team here at the hotel. We are all delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our aim to extend our best service to our guests and to provide them with a memorable experience.

Once again I thank you on behalf of the whole team at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel provices excellent facilities and services at a reasonable price.

The staff were fantastic and could not do enough to make our stay more enjoyable

The hotel was undergoing some renovations, and the building is one of the older ones in Abu Dhabi (some interesting historical photos in the lobby highlighted this), however it was well maintained, very clean, and the service was exceptional.

The Club Lounge also provided an excellent space to relax within the hotel without having to sit in the room or lobby, and also serves refreshments throughout the day

Room Tip: If choosing to go Club Level, there is no need to select a rate that includes breakfast, as the food...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear Leonie T
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review describing you recent stay with us. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay. Our aim is always to extend the best service to our valued guests and provide them with exceptional and unforgettable experience.

Your comments have been shared with the team here at the hotel and we are committed to continue to extend our best service to all our guests.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed here recently and one thing I will say is that the view was great from our room.
The room itself was clean and had all that we wanted including tea and coffee!!

The rest of the hotels facilties leaves alot to be desired, especially the staff at the desk and the restaurant facilities.

It is located a bit out of the city main area's but there is usually taxis about, which is not too bad.
Pricewise it is not too bad either.
You can also do Brunch here but I would not recommend it, as were very dissatisfied with it!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Obbarry

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review and comments on your last visit to InterContinental Abu Dhabi. The feedback we receive from our valued guests such as yourself, enable us to solve any issues that might arise.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed the comfort of the our rooms and at the same time apologise for any inconvenience or unsatisfactory experience you might have faced.

I thank you once again and hope you will give the team and myself the chance to welcome you once again at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on business in November and have never felt so at home. The room was spacious without feeling overwhelming. All amenities are in easy reach - great room service and dining facilities. The breakfast buffet is endless... A good selection of hotel bars and evening entertainment spread across the week. In close proximity to Emirates Palace, Yas Marina Circuit and city centre. The service was superb - a credit to IHG.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Simtravel_12

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I have shared your review with the hotel team, such reviews encourages the whole team to do their utmost to provide our guests with an unforgettable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.