“Awesome stay”

Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and was just as wonderful as our first stay in 2010. I have an Ambassador privilege card and it really is worth the yearly subscription. I booked a sea facing club room and was upgraded to a city view club suite. These suites are very spacious and comfortable and can take an extra bed- which we used for my 17 year old son. This came at no extra cost. We had full access to the Club facilities all day. The staff at the Club Lounge were very friendly and professional and ever willing to assist. This is the best Club Lounge in terms of size and views that I have experienced at an Intercontinental Hotel. Check in and checkout was done very efficiently. Management was very visible at the Club Lounge. Keep up the excellent service.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mnaidoo
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Guest

I thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Once again thank you.

Dieter Franke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brazil
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel! Wonderful breakfast!!!!! Service is fine! Concierge is very helpful and you can have a restful vacation. I will be there next time! The best hotel I have stayed. And the view of the rooms are great! I have to leave early (6am) and even with the restaurant closed I could have my breakfast. Service is really good!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Margacris

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I have shared your kind words with our team and we are so delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.,

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Richmond, VA
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The lobby of this venue is lovely. It's near the Palace of the Emirates, which can be viewed from the hotel beach. My room was nice and clean with a lovely view of the water. The bathroom was a little small compared to the hotel room I had been in back in Dubai, but other than that, the room was very nice. There was a great selection of restaurants and the beach was just a couple minutes walk from the hotel lobby. The decor of the room was tasteful, the room was comfortable, I slept soundly with no disturbances. The lobby staff was very nice and check-in was trouble/hassle free. For dinner, we didn't have reservations anywhere and a random hotel staff member made reservations for us. I'd return to this hotel again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get a room with a water-front view--it is SO worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Theodora v

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and sharing your experience. Your comments have been shared with the hotel them and we all thank you for chossing to stay at InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed for a night at one of the the newly refurbished Intercontinental Abu Dhabi rooms. Was very impressed with the lobby and the multiple lobby restaurants and bars which were buzzing till past 1am when I retired. Very impressive modern rooms and bathrooms with an excellent powerpoint strip on the desk. The bed was very comfortable and I had one of my best snoozes ever! The views from the room are fantastic. the hotel has an exclusive Marina attached to its private beach. This is a real busy hotel anytime of the day or night. The only thing I did not like was I ordered a bucket of ice and the Hotel insisted on charging me for it-said it was the Intercontinental policy. I said I have stayed in IC Hotels before & no one has ever charged for an ice-bucket? This was the only thing that spoilt my impression about the hospitality part of the hotel. Maybe some IC management does read Trip Advisor Reviews and will correct this anomaly! All in all a very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear drallah

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind review. I am so delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us.

The whole team at the hotel appreciates your sincere comments and we all thank you for your thoughtfulness. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to mention your only dissatisfaction with the ice bucket charges. May I mention that these are room service delivery charges.
Once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Islamabad
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Abu Dhabi's Intercontinental is probably one of its oldest 5 star hotel and certainly one of its most luxerious..The room(suite) on the fourth floor was spacious and the view towards the waterfront fascinating. The furniture and facilities in the suite and the implements in the bathroom were quite comfortable. The restaurant on the beachside not only provides a variety of delicious seafood but also very cozy indoor or outdoor seating as well as a beautiful scene in the evening.A morning dip in its pool on the third floor is recommended. Its rich buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner take care of the taste of everyone. Its management and service are outstanding.

Room Tip: a room overlooking the sea or the pool is recommended
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Inam k
Dear nam k

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind review. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our aim to provide our valued guests, as you with a memorable experience. The hotel team has also seen your review and they very much appreciate your thoughtfulness and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the hotel.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Thank you.

Gandhinagar, India
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My stay was short and for business, i loved the hotel for its easy navigation and support of the staff at the conference halls to manage a smooth event. They serve an excellent spread of American breakfast (one of the best I have experienced) and exotic lunch at their restaurant. It also hosts a Brazilian concept barbecue restaurant, ideal for non-vegetarians.
The hotel overlooks the Abu Dhabhi palace, which shones its brilliant lighting at night and a further end of the hotel opens out to the ferry point, which is a good 'walking around' option.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Ascona, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This was an excellent hotel for our leisurely 8-night stay in January 2013. The room was nice and well furnished. The bathroom, with its bathtub, shower cabinet and separate toilet, proved very practical. The WiFi coverage shortcomings were quickly corrected with an in-room WiFi base station.

The 3rd floor pool area proved welcoming, particularly with its nice pool. The pool and bar staff were of somewhat uneven service talent. The health club was very well equipped with the latest 'tortures'.

The beach, while under construction, was enjoyable, and can be expected to be truly special, once completed. While not too distant, the golf cart rides to/from need to be ‘regularized’.

The Club InterContinental lounge was superb. Kate and her team and crew created the memorable ambiance, and provided a uniquely perfected service approach and customer orientation. The breakfast there, and the afternoon tea, and the evening appetizers and drinks were sumptuous, and courteously served with maximally personal attention. The bookable massage at the Club was very practical. The Club experience and the Club staff really created the 'home away from home' experience and welcome for us.

Room Tip: We opted to 'buy' ourselves to the Club InterContinental.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rokkap
Dear rokkap

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review describing your experience during your recent stay with us.

It is encouraging knowing that our guests have received the experience we aim to provide and that their stay has been comfortable and hassle free. Your review was shared with the whole team as we value comments received from our guest.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Abu Dhabi