“Classic UAE gem”

InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 15 March 2013

i have been staying for two weeks in the hotel and have felt at home all through my stay. An established fine hotel with an attractive marina setting.
Lovely views of the Corniche greet you every morning.
There are a range of restaurant which cater for Brazilian, Japanese, Italian and european palates.
Also the Yacht Club has a late night club several nights a week.

The hotel ballroom is certainly well worth seeing as it is truly beautiful

The haotel staff are keen to please and well trained.
Food is interesting and of a high standard.
There are extensive sports and spa facilities available to guests.

Pool area is very pleasant with dining services.
All in all a nice hotel with a historic past very well presented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Dear Walter F

Thank you for taking the time to post your review describing your recent stay at InterContinental Abu Dhabi. It is delightful knowing that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

When I shared your review with the team it gave them a boost to continue working towards achieving our ultimate goal, which is giving every guest a comfortable and memorable experience.

I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Abu Dhabi

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was stay in suiete 1921 from 2 to12 2013 I found all the hotle group nice people they try to do thier best to make me happy.I was visited many hotles but i will not forget this one.Thankes for all group thier.ًI want to say thank you Ahmed,Aiyda,Omer.Sure Iwill see you soon....

• Stayed: March 2013

ear Whitebirdtravel

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to right your review. I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay and we were able to offer you a memorable experience with us.

I have shared your comments with Ahmed, Aiyda & Omar who in return thank you for your kind words.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We just stayed 3 nights at the IC Abu Dhabi and enjoyed our stay, especially the wonderful, friendly and professional service of the hotel. While the structure is not new or opulent like neighboring hotels such as the Emirate's Palace, the views are nice and the hotel has stayed contemporary and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and even includes an Asian section with fish, rice porridge, miso soup and rice. We also liked the private beach section, as well as having dinner on the beach terrace of the Fish Market Thai restaurant. There are currently major works by the beach, which makes it a bit noisy during the day, but it looks like the facilities will become gorgeous once work is completed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Heiranig

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to right your review expressing your experience with us.

I have share your kind comments with the whole team and we all thank you for giving us the change to make your stay in Abu Dhabi a memorable one.

As you mentioned in your review, our beach area is being developed and will turn into a destination that will include two new swimming pools, rentable cabanas, beach bar, restaurant, gym and treatment rooms and a white sandy beach.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thanks again.

Dieter Francke

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a holiday in Abu Dhabi and we were really impressed by this hotel. Our comfortable room overlooked the sea, the facilities were excellent and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We ate in three of the six on-site restaurants and the food was most definitely way above average for a hotel. We particularly liked the Belgian Café Bar and spent several evenings there outside enjoying both the selection of beers and the atmosphere. The pool is ideally located overlooking the marina and it also has its own beach. It is in a quiet location yet easy for walking to the Corniche. You'll be hard pressed to find a better hotel in the City.

Room Tip: "All sea view rooms have excellent views"
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Graeme R

Thank you for taking the time to write you review and share your experience. Your kind words have been shared with the whole team. We are all delighted that you and your wife have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you once again and wel look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

For an old hotel, this place is great. Good location, comfortable rooms, good view, pools, restaurants, beach etc.
On the face of it, the service is brisk, efficient, friendly and courteous. Want something a little out of the ordinary, and the machine breaks down.

We were there for the Abu Dhabi International Triathlon, as were several other athletes.
We all required a simple breakfast at around 5.30am, ahead of the official 6.30am breakfast.
We all asked at reception, at check-in (and i enquired on the phone when i booked) and we were promised that breakfast would be available in the 24hour piano bar in the lobby. We only wanted cereals etc - nothing fancy.

Come 5.30am, nothing. 20 agravated athletes, about to set off on 6+ hours of gruelling exercise, greeted by a harrassed member of staff "nobody told me!"
The management of the hotel were well aware of this situation, with multiple requests in person and over the phone, including to Duty Managers.
We ended up with one stale croissant each. I ended up having to get something out of McDonalds, which is NOT what i needed to set me up for the day.

Poor show, Intercontinental!
You have the chance to become the official race hotel, but with this effort, i think your chances are blown.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view, and say you wont pay the extra. If they are not full, you might get it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
InterContinentalAD, General Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and effort in sharing your review and comments on your recent visit to our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to solve problems arising and take the necessary actions to ensure these situations will be avoided in the future
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had to face during your last stay with regard to the early breakfast not being available in the Piano bar at 05:30am as communicated and for the non-speedy response rate from our team members in return, I have shared your comments with our team members and we ensured that such miscommunications does not occur in the future with similar events like the Triathlon or in general
I hope you will give us another chance to mend this shortfall and look forward to welcoming you back once again to InterContinental Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel as a stopover to London.

We organised airport pick up through the hotel. Our flight landed at midnight and the driver was there waiting for us at arrivals which was great after a long flight.

Check in was smooth and quick. Staff at reception were fantastic and friendly.

Our room was luxurious. Spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had all the toiletries you could imagine.

We had lovely weather so decided to take a walk to Marina Mall. After passing all the construction around the hotel, it was a nice stroll along 18th street with awesome water views.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Katriiiiina

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments and share your experience. I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind review was shared with the hotel team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have just recently spent 10 nights at this hotel and it was fantastic. Beautiful setting with its own Marina, beach and pool. I even ventured into the gym area which was very modern and over looking the marina.

Having spent many hours at the pool I can advise the pool staff were super friendly and super helpful!!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody.

I tried most of the eating on site and loved the Brazilian and fish market the most. The only negative I can provide is x2 poor meals at the Belgium cafe.

Although building work is taking place this did not effect my stay as it is well disguised and the beach area was in full use to me at all times.

Thanks for the great service and I hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine M

Dear Catherine

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I have shared your comments with the team and they all extend their thanks to you. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon/